Author Topic: Peasants and armour choices (Feedback and a personal taste suggestion)  (Read 10822 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: Peasants and armour choices (Feedback and a personal taste suggestion)
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 03:21:43 pm »
So you decided to be Stalin and waste a squad of rookies in a human wave assault which was completely optional.

It's fine, but why are you blaming game balance for something you decided? :)

Player wants to discourage excess use of 'human life'. Just byraising the score-penalty for dead peasants. Investment for payoff (even for a freelance-pogrom) reads good enough to consider the sacrifices well spent. Comparing the strat with RL-stuff stretches the connection a bit much. Optional or not, kevlar for guerilla outfits and other spartan guns pays off for research.
I'm just curious how a slug-slow expedition can reach a time-critical pogrom before it vanish? That's some top-level RNG to get it spawned right next to your starting hideout.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 07:16:34 pm »
I know the post mutant alliance pogroms expire. is the same true for the early versions?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 09:48:54 pm »
I'm not pretty sure, but I think they do not expire when targeted.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 11:08:31 pm »
1. Bah if they started to expire now, I have nothing to do with it. Maybe vanilla behaviour changed...? Are you sure they expire?
2. I have no influence on the negative score for getting your soldiers killed. It is hardcoded. And a rookie peasant is worth exactly as much points as any rookie.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 12:01:57 am »
No, early game pogroms do not expire when targeted. You can send an expedition across the globe.
It's fine, but why are you blaming game balance for something you decided? :)
To clarify i mentioned the exact changes that pushed peasants into relavancy, the addition of extremely good and cheap camo armor and increasing hand cost from 25k to 50.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:03:20 am by sanyaskillpro »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 01:05:43 am »
snip
2. I have no influence on the negative score for getting your soldiers killed. It is hardcoded. And a rookie peasant is worth exactly as much points as any rookie.
troop point loss is negligible compared to losing experience/the cost to replace in most cases. Peasants are just the extreme bottom of the scale, dirt cheap to replace at 1/10th a hand. If you want to brute force something with warm bodies peasants are the way to go.

That said i dont see a real reason to do it for anything but pogroms where speed is pretty key to saveing civvies. More troops=stuff dies faster=more civvies saved.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 01:27:34 am »
1. Bah if they started to expire now, I have nothing to do with it. Maybe vanilla behaviour changed...? Are you sure they expire?

At least I´m pretty sure they not...