Author Topic: Nice mod !  (Read 9410 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Nice mod !
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 07:39:50 pm »
Yes, I do think the balance is good so far, because even though I'm running away a lot I'm still winning my missions and keeping my score up. And I'm having a lot of fun doing it too. So no complaints really. Just so long as I don't run into a brick wall at some point due to sub-optimal research choices; I'd hate to have to abandon the game over that.

Glad it's working out for you. Of course I am constantly adjusting the balance, so feel free to report any issues. (Which will or won't be addressed, as per below. ;) )

:'(
Why do you have to be so mean...

Sorry, it's my job. 8)

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 07:41:06 pm »
I "often" lost my 4 agents after the 1st turn no matter if I hide or try to shoot.

I had the same problem on several missions during the first 4-6 months until I found that you can use a fire extinguisher to make a smoke screen at the start of you first turn.

Also, until you have better armor and soldiers, before taking a shot on the first turn, make sure all your at-risk soldiers face whichever enemy will reaction fire since front armour is usually much stronger. You can also take a single shot which each soldier before going around and firing a second, then third time with each since enemy reaction fire is based on TU usage and you might kill a few enemies after the first round of shots, which will minimize reaction fire.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 01:57:35 pm »
I am not 100% sure, but I doubt an extinguisher would create enough smoke to obstruct vision.
The key is to run away when you can't win. And if you're up against shooters, you might prefer night missions unless you have the advantage.

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 04:57:03 am »
I can confirm for you fire extinguishers do obstruct vision, for severals turns in fact. Don't change it!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 11:31:29 am »
Hmm, fine :)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2018, 07:46:16 am »
well for a certain value of obstruct, 3 tiles of smoke even at maximum density is not alot of reduction

Offline Joe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 05:16:53 am »

It's your first game and you're playing Superhuman? Are you insane or what?
Even I don't play on Superhuman.
It's up to you, but don't expect any sympathy. :P

I was wondering what do difficulty levels change? I tried superhuman once and I thought aliens have more TU and could move across the whole map to kill you. And research took longer it seemed. Anyway it seemed impossible but I like impossible.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 08:20:01 am »
the main thing modified is the number on foes spawned, SH also adds like 20% to most enemy stats. The lowest difficulty cuts enemy armor by half.