Author Topic: The muscle power challenge.  (Read 3839 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
The muscle power challenge.
« on: August 02, 2018, 10:34:23 pm »
Welp after the fail of the last campaign we are gonna try a a slightly less restrictive challenge. Melee, bows, thrown, and voodoo. The brain is a muscle, shutup, my challenge my rules. Stay tuned for reports in the usual 6 months of game time per report format.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The muscle power challenge.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 10:05:24 am »
You're doing Muscle Wizards?  ;D

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 12:46:35 pm »
Having done more then a few missions in the last run accidentally without weapons, cause im a scrub, that cant effing use the category filters properly, Yes FIST was defiantly cast.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 09:43:46 am »
Please say you're recording this trainwreck waiting to happen?  ;)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 05:10:19 pm »
Sadly AARs are all i can do ATM. I don't have the internet bandwidth to upload to a streaming platform in a stable fashion, and my only computer is more then a little potato which makes something like rendering for YT painfully slow. Where i willing to paralyze my tech usage for 8 hours per hour of output i could do it.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 03:29:06 am »
Fair enough.  Good luck on your muscle wizard run.  :P

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 10:26:14 pm »
Welp finally squeezed out the first 6 months. To the report.

Report 1: Hatches, Fists, and Fire.

We start with 4! repentia, one specter, and one lunatic. An auspicious starting line up for a muscle challenge. But the first mission, an academy nurse bus, has the other boot, las chargers for everyone. Thank fuck it was night or i would have been chewed up something awful. As its stood the only lunatic gal gets to spend the next 40 days in recovery cause i forgot personal computers make light you cant see visually.

We take a different approach to base building and expanding, focusing on brainers before anything else. This seems to have been alot more effective then including plantations in the early stages. We prioritize dogs and peasants, cause we are already down to 4 gals for the immediate future. Mess hall shortly after to speed up that month+ recovery.

On the tech gate front good news, thrice be damned wrench turns up from interrogations in march so im already well ahead of my previous milestones in that respect which was November. Workshop still needs durathread, but that just waiting for some guild to show, not 8 months for a bloody wrench.

Mess hall goes up and we keep stacking brainers reaching limit of 16 in early may, also a second barracks.

On the missions front we start bounty hunting as soon as possible and start gathering tokens, cause i know i need a few thousand from the alliance to cover the must haves. Sadly jack seems to be the frequent customer. We also start undersea ops early in hope of getting bank tokens that way, since the barn missions are not particularly efficient without bigger explosives. It does pay off as we get 2 with fish and crabs that yield old money. We take a bit more speedy/safer approach to the red light villas, break into the cell with the castaway grab her and leg it. Saves me plenty of injury time compared to last run.

Gear wise we are rocking the handle with javelins and Molotov as support weapons. The repentias get barb(s) when that gets researched, regular lunatics get Rogue. The usual assortment of canteens and booze is around.

Recruitment is a little lower then the last run, as about half the gal distress calls had no gal. And one of those was catgirls in a jungle which was......butt puckering. Also had one against reticualan hybrids, and another vs giant beetles.  But hey doggos propping up the ranks is working for them moment.

May is nuts. 4531 end score. A temple of sirus goes quite pear shaped when a neophyte molatovs the gals stacking up for the breach, after withstanding two gals wailing on him with clubs as he came out the door. We survive charred but alive. We catch an acadamy cutter with an exceptionally well armed crew, the weakest weapon present is a heavy shottie which is also the most common, and an AMG, and a light flipping cannon. That mission was a hatch camp to the max.  And there was a shrine ship as well which we noped out on, cause celatids 4 tiles from spawn.

June is comparatively quiet which is good cause the gals are are burnt, shot, and otherwise pretty chewed up. We use the heaps of fund from may to plant our arctic base and start getting plantations underway. Garrision is a bit light, being just the specter and a trio of tamed reapers, not nuff gals to go around.

We gather a surplus of jack tokens and decide to spend them on a getting a piranha to chase craft with. Not much else to note, wheres my cake.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:28:46 pm by legionof1 »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 10:31:48 am »
Very promissing start.
On the start of june I've barely the resources to upkeep 6 brainers and 40 runts, 2 lokks 3 peasants, 6 luncatics and 4 shipwrecked gals.
I don't go with any restrictions, JS SM is balls to the wall and an Airbus is just lackluster by design.

No second base and h-shotgun (normal ammo) is the most reliable tool to point out.
Guess those 2 temples (on the edge of airbus range) and 1 temple swarmed with zombies (during night) explains the severe lack of do$h on my end.
If the stargods really want my bacon after 18 months and a flaming inferno of flamers and fire grenades doesn't cut the deal so be it.