Author Topic: Idea to make the battlescape more comfortable  (Read 3234 times)

Offline SuperVGA

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Idea to make the battlescape more comfortable
« on: October 16, 2012, 09:38:42 am »
Hi guys,

First post. :D This mentions an already suggested "feature/change" in https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,22.msg122.html#msg122,
while the post doesn't seem to explain why the idea should be implemented.
I'm not on the project myself, so I can't expect any of you guys to go and make this change right away, but I still thought it was worth mentioning.

I was playing the dos versions of UFO and TFTD this weekend, (as my X-COM:EU hadn't arrived yet), and I kept making the same mistake over and over:
When I wanted to select a soldier/aquanaut using the left button, having already selected one, I would accidentally click past/nearby another soldier,
and thus command the selected soldier to move there. -Very frustrating when short on TU's! :)

So I simply re-propose that the left button could be used for selecting, and the right button would be used to designate movement/action.

(And thanks for working on openxcom, btw. I really appreciate it. If I get the time, I may help out as well.)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Idea to make the battlescape more comfortable
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 03:22:31 pm »
If you turn on battlePreviewPath, it makes movements require a double-click and avoid such selection mistakes. :)

Offline SuperVGA

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Idea to make the battlescape more comfortable
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 04:22:05 pm »
Oh joy! Thanks SupSuper,
Never again shall my TUs and Stamina go to waste! :D