Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] Completing a landed UFO battle to stop alien mission  (Read 7502 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [DONE] [Suggestion] Completing a landed UFO battle to stop alien mission
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 11:30:09 pm »
Just land at the craft, shoot out the power sources and collect the elerium. Collect any weapons/corpses/live aliens you're interested in, and leave. If it's the right kind of mission, you can wait for it to land and do this again. Finally shoot it down and hit up the crash site.

I never heard about anyone doing this... and if anyone is doing that, they are... mentally ill.

I am not doing any features with such people and such practices in mind, and I never will.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 01:40:35 am »
I never heard about anyone doing this... and if anyone is doing that, they are... mentally ill.

I am not doing any features with such people and such practices in mind, and I never will.
I know what feature you could implement: if too much damage is dealt to UFO or it crew during mission even if aborted ufo despawn (without any bonus points).

Offline Tekamthi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 05:45:13 am »

i read about this strat on these forums somewhere... i never even knew you could collect elerium items on battlescape before, but I gather others do actually use this... sounds like a legit option once you can chain psi control especially.

a modder could maybe eliminate it though i think by making the recovery mission a success if the power sources are destroyed.. i dont think it need be considered here

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2018, 06:37:44 am »
Read and shock. What the insanity. And want to fix the function in which the aliens are to surrender, and psionic capture.  :D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:41:35 am by Ethereal »