Author Topic: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions  (Read 72672 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2019, 08:18:07 pm »
Each strategy provides unique features (unique craft´s/armor/weapon), so the game have more replaybility factor and you have different options, you can have all the types of armor or the squad composition as you want. Sometimes it´s just provides that armor type easier
Even if you complete all the sideoperartion you get all unique weapons.

In a deeper sense, i know this will sound strange but the modders provides the rules and you play the game against us, nothing is preventing you of going god and have all, but i you will have no challenge.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2019, 08:40:46 pm »
It's also not that you're stuck with that single strategy - you can unlock all the different armor types with any strategy, but the initial pick you get much easier. If you pick Scout, you can still unlock Tactical, Devastator, and Assault armors, just not as easy as when you pick those strategies.

Offline mudael

• Sergeant
  • All is dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2019, 09:04:46 pm »
Oh, got it! Thank you!

Offline Lutti

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2019, 06:44:41 pm »
Hello! First of all, I would like to thank the team for this amazing mod. Now, for a suggestion: could you add the Imperial Guard theme from Dawn of War to the soundtrack?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2019, 12:15:32 pm »
Hello! First of all, I would like to thank the team for this amazing mod. Now, for a suggestion: could you add the Imperial Guard theme from Dawn of War to the soundtrack?

can do, i will insert in the sound folder , that way ohartenstein will see fit where to use, in the missions or something

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2020, 08:16:08 am »
https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Shotgun#Astartes_Assault_Shotgun

Pretty please? A heavier auto-shotgun would make a fun thematic addition to the arsenal.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2020, 11:48:31 pm »
https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Shotgun#Astartes_Assault_Shotgun

Pretty please? A heavier auto-shotgun would make a fun thematic addition to the arsenal.

when i get to the adding new weapons part i may add that shotgun since we are gonna bring the lawbringer into the mod

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2020, 02:48:28 am »
Very cool, I look forward to whatever gets implemented.

Offline Ham

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2020, 02:59:11 pm »
bulletdesigner, I have one idea, and I would like to know what you think about it.

I suggested this to Meridian, but in the end it will be up to you!

"I AM: Meridian! I have one more suggestion ... This will be useful for mods.

Can you make certain armor or weapons available only to a soldier with the appropriate rank? “As an example: in a 40K mod, Astartes with the title Captain can wear captain's armor when an ordinary Battle Brother cannot."

"Meridian: I'll consider it if the 40k modders show interest in it."

A little bit about my idea: It should be something like the requirement of things also with the need for a certain rank to carry the “Scout in the Sergeant’s armor looks funny” armor, but at the same time, as I think, this function could be turned on moderator "For example, instant grenades that you made in the mod turned on" is turned off by the user if the mod allows it, "For example, not blocked by moderator"

What do you think? it will be probably interesting for other mods too, of course I don’t know for sure, but your thoughts would be interesting to me!

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2020, 04:41:46 pm »
Sure armor by rank its a fundamental, since only makes sense to have 1 captain armor per captain. I think it was suggested some time ago, But we end up limiting by badges and resources, if it comes up we will certainly enforce it

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2020, 07:13:35 pm »
solders transformation could handle this? I not recall if it can be blocked based on rank.

Offline Ham

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2020, 08:23:55 pm »
bulletdesigner, thank you for your opinion, I will be happy to monitor the progress of your work.

Yankes, transformation for a similar purpose, it will be cumbersome and awkward. At the moment, I prefer to give Captain’s armor exclusively to the Captains so that everything looks beautiful.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2020, 07:06:45 pm »
Out of curiosity, have you considered adding the Primaris Marine variants (E.G. Intercessors, Hellblasters, Inceptors, etc.) into the mod, or would their fixed weapon loadouts make that option too difficult?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2020, 07:16:05 pm »
They're not too difficult to make, but it would be a fair number of graphical resources for little benefit to the mod. Our options for making a role for them would be:

• A largely cosmetic option and for simplifying equipment (which equipment templates already do well)
  • Similar to other armors/weapons but with rearrangements of stats/stat bonuses (which would not be all that interesting)
  • More powerful than other armors/weapons (which would be introducing power creep that we don't want)

I'm not saying they're completely out of the realm of possibilities, but they would be very low priority development-wise.

Offline Irismono

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2020, 07:36:04 pm »
Has the Adeptus Mechanicus been considered for the 5th faction?