Author Topic: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions  (Read 72667 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2019, 05:19:56 am »
Yes, this is a known issue, but that isn't an acceptable fix. Move any 2x2 unit to the top of your soldiers list if you don't want there to be bugs with their deployment.

The proper fix would require more code to make sure these units get deployed, but no satisfactory solution has been found.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2019, 11:17:59 am »
The only real solution would be to force large units to go on top. No idea how viable it is, but appears kinda necessary to me.

Offline Mr Shin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2019, 04:02:51 am »
At first let me give my congratulation for everyone is helping this project. I'm loving to play this mod i'm big fan of all content of this forum. And i also so big fan of the 40k lore.

I'm playing multiple campaigns of this mod, and now i will share my review and give some ideas for what i think it will be useful to balance the IG and the Marines.

For the imperial guard i think you have good advantage of fire power, and when you get the long-las and volleyguns this two weapons really changes the tide of battle against chaos  ;D
I think IG is well balanced but is very rare to leave mission without loses, i can say IG are soldiers are like glass cannons and is pretty fun to play with.I played long campaing with IG i think you get so much adamantine and you dont have much things to spend it, did a lot of marauders still having a lot of adamantine now i can take down easly large ufos. Maybe be possible to manufacture AD. carapace for regular guardsman could give little more use of resources for the imperial guard.

I just think need to change some values about manufacturing cost of the volley gun cost 60k to something like 20k near the value of the "MK7 tatical suit" and also be possible to manufacturing hellguns.
Be possible to hire new stormtrooper at price of 50k when you finish the research, i think it's fair.
And when you hire stormtrooper by commission they could come as veteran soldier with little be more trained. 100k for soldier is very expensive. comparing with the price of the space marine.
Officer and comissors <3 all i have to say.
To promote guardsman to veteran i reduced little be the bravery needed to upgrade, i did this bcz no one of my veterans could gain bravery without be medic.

Marine Campaing i liked all my longest campain is with tatical operations, also have devastation armor that is good. Devastation operation is the only one didnt play yet, with assalt operations is amazing bcz you can fly and have some extra spots to invade some large and medium ufos very fun to play. And for the scouts operations i think ad scout armor could be more commun equipmente like any other mk7 suit.   

About weapons "some of this changes i edit on my campaign to see how its working and becomes very intristing"

All meelee weapons and socking maul should recive some bonus from streangth.

Lasgun and lascarabine snap shot precision 70 to 80 like the bolter. Laspistol increased by 5 the snap.

I changed the price of manufacturing the MC ammo bolts to note use ceramites anymore but i also nerfed bonus dmg little be 20 to 15. Prices becomes 10 adamant for pistol clip, 20 for the bolters and 40 for the heavy bolter but  i also increased ammunition of the heavy bolter to 60 rounds. ohartenstein23 told me on the youtube some this things will be reworked on the new version and i'm really ecxited to see  ;D

Heavy Bolter: i changed this weapons to be more agressive, increasing the damage of the "AP ammo" to 75 and "MC AP ammo" to 90. Dmg pre-armor multiplayer 0.1 to 0.2 (i did this bcz heavy bolter use higest calibre rounds than the regular bolts weapons and is a very powerfull weapon against any infantry or light veicles). Also reduced Tu used of the auto shot to 48% to be possible shot 2 times sometimes just looking for the sides.I tried to use it before that changes but i think the regular bolt are performing better, that's way i did this changes to turn this weapon a good option for the devastation operations and someone how wants to a carry big gun. I really wants to see MC heavy Bolter on the future <3 probably with additional shot on the auto fire will be nice!

Sentinel: I tried to use some sentinels with the IG but i think they didnt perform well they dont value 4 soldier slot, maybe a possibility to creating AD. Sentinel with volleygun and 110 armor for something like 125 admation would be nice.

I have much more to share but for now i think it is...

Thx for everyone and keep going  ;D

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2019, 09:53:53 pm »
At first let me give my congratulation for everyone is helping this project. I'm loving to play this mod i'm big fan of all content of this forum. And i also so big fan of the 40k lore.

I'm playing multiple campaigns of this mod, and now i will share my review and give some ideas for what i think it will be useful to balance the IG and the Marines.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod, and thanks for the detailed feedback!

About the Stormtroopers:
  • The requisition point cost for the Adv. Carapace/Volley doesn't really matter that much - it's more in the components cost, as MK7 Tactical Armor takes twice the Adamantium. Also, Stormtrooper equipment is the top level for the Guard, while Marines have a baseline of the Tac Armor.
  • Veteran Guardsmen aren't meant to be easy to get, they're more of a prestige/bragging rights option than a viable alternative for Stormtroopers.
  • Again, the cost of the Stormtroopers is meant to be balanced against other Guard equipment, not Marine equipment, since you can't get both in the same campaign.

For the Marines:
  • Melee weapons are already strong, giving them stat bonuses straight from strength is going to be overpowered. We'd need to reduce the modifiers a bit and remove some of the base power if we were to make this change.
  • Lasguns aren't meant to be as good as bolters, just a bit better than what the Guard gets.
  • MC Ammo costs have been reworked in version 018
  • The heavy bolter design is meant to be more of a light machine gun compared to the bolter as an assault rifle, using the same caliber rounds but better at automatic fire. It's also been buffed a bit in version 018, but not in terms of power and armor damage.

The Sentinels I'll considering making more advanced, armored versions, but that'll be lower on the priority list.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2019, 09:55:45 pm »
We've updated the first post of this thread with some details on our upcoming rework of mission generation in the mod. Let us know what you think, and stay tuned for more details as we work on this!

Offline Mr Shin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2019, 08:26:55 am »
I understand what you tell about the stormtroopers, but i did not explained well what i was thinking  :'( "if you can hire they just from cash should be possible to put the no used hellguns on the "new recruits"." Sorry my english its not perfect and some times i have difficult to explain what i'm try to say.

About Veteran Guardsman i think you told something about training bravery with melee combat? thats will help a lot to get the 60 brav needed to be promoted the other stats are more easily to be trained.

Maybe future work for Hellpistols to come with commissar and officers was the initial weapon instead regular laspistol.  Could work like variant of the long-las with the same ammo sistem. would be cool.
https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Hellpistol

And i know some changes also impact in all tech tree and on the game play at some point and its not what i want. 

Yeah... melee weapons are really OP with you get close enough to use it is probably guaranteed kill most of melee weapons have low turn used arround 15% (power fist are fixed with 15 TU used, its right?)  ::)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:23:41 am by Mr Shin »

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2019, 11:22:47 pm »
Gents! Forgive me my heretic thoughts:

1. Do I get to the end of the game through the Mission 1-2-3-etc? Because in that case all the other enemy factions could have their own mission trees with their own final battles. And the game could end when the last remaining enemy`s final base/boss/mission is completed.

2. I`m a total beginner in drawing but I have the necessary "can do" attitude. So I just put the Sisters on my to-do list. Maybe in the future they could have their own line just like the Space Marines and the Imperial Guards?
I`m already working on the priest since everybody loves a fanatical zealot with a running chainsaw. It`s fun for the whole family.

3. There are pictures for the chaplain armor and there is a chapel in the game but I haven`t seen the chaplain armor in the game itself in the later versions. They could be included as morale booster units, similar to the commissars.

4. I have a special question regarding the logic behind the missions? Is there a way to create ork/tau/etc fliers to chase beside the chaos ones?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2019, 11:34:59 pm »
The numbered missions are unlocked by "Chapter Side-Operations" - not part of the main storyline, but getting you some nice equipment once they're finished being developed.

I have some notes for how to add the Ecclesiarchy as an option besides the Imperial Guard and Space Marines, but the amount of content necessary for something of this scale makes it a tentative long-term plan at best. We can at least include priests in some form if you make all the sprites for them.

Chaplain is fully in the game, you just haven't gotten there yet.

We're working on expanding in that way already - Ork, Cultist, and Traitor Guardsman bases with different map styles and "UFOs" from the Chaos factions are well underway for the next release. The limiting factor again here is graphical resources to make maps for all of these factions.

Offline JPlayer 101

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2019, 06:36:16 pm »
I've played this mod for a long time yet and I would leave some suggestions.
So first of all I have some question about translation of this mod. I would like to have some part in improving accessibility of it, so it will be nice to have some extra strings file with ID's of mod objects, ufopedia topics, subjects, etc.
Second question is about lore. I've wondered to see female Astartes and commissars. If about commissars it can heavily depend on character, about Astartes it is impossible by back(lore).
And all I've said before means I have suggestion: It will be good if there will be additional mod that "turns off" generation of female Astartes and commissars.
Also soldier deployment of Stormraven and Stormeagle is horrible and need fixing. This last means nothing, it is just note "to be fixed".
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 06:46:24 pm by JPlayer 101 »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2019, 07:26:48 pm »
Glad you've been with us for so long!

The translation file is a full language file, not too long ago we stopped using extraStrings since that's harder to get more translations going. You can find the file in 40k/Language/en-US.yml. If you want to propose some changes or edits, send us an edited copy or just the STRs you want to change and we'll take a look at them.

The female Commissars and Space Marines can be turned off by setting the femaleFrequency entry in solders_IG.rul to 0 for STR_COMMISSAR and in soldiers_40k.rul for STR_SOLDIER. We leave it in because we find it fun to have some inconsequential lore inconsistencies.

Telling us it's broken and needs to be fixed doesn't help much. Personally I like the Stormraven for smaller missions because the assault cannon can grab enemy attention while your trained marines quickly eliminate them. I haven't used the Stormeagle much, but I see it primarily as an interceptor rather than a transport. What would you like to see differently for these craft for deployments?

Offline JPlayer 101

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2019, 08:24:48 pm »
What would you like to see differently for these craft for deployments?
Main trouble with Stormeagle. Lorely Stormeagle has 2 ramps (frontal and back) and 2 doors in the sides of craft. Doing 2 ramps can make ship some unconditional, but adding 2 side doors like the Thunderhawk has will make it much more usable. About starting soldier deployment: soldiers starts in one long row, which make deployment from ship hard, when packed with new recruits it takes 2 turns. That makes easy for enemies to throw single grenade, or launch a missile and make half of squad at better case out of work for a long time.

Thanks for explaining mod files, soon I will start some translating mod to Ukrainian and Russian languages.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2019, 08:42:03 pm »
Ah. Adding side doors requires significant Sprite rework, and for certain craft that are not meant as primary transports we make the concession to look more like bulletdesigner's models rather than re-spriting for finely-tuned deployment. Still, it may be worth taking a look at.

For full translations the OpenXcom project has a transifex account that many mods use - we'll see about getting 40k on there as that would be the preferred method for new translations.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2019, 11:56:52 am »
Just say a word, man. :)
Inb4 it happens: who would be the administrator of this future Transifex resource? I will probably be one, as I should have the access rights anyway, but I don't really want to deal with it as I already have 4 mods under my wing. So I'd rather ask one of you guys to be the main manager, though of course I can help. (Asking in advance, because I need to consult SupSuper about how to go about this.)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2019, 08:08:06 pm »
I would be the administrator for the 40k translations since I handle the releases. I'll check with you when I'm back from vacation so we can get this set up.

Offline mudael

• Sergeant
  • All is dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2019, 06:58:11 pm »
I do not get the point behind these strategies. why I cannot have squad of 4 snipers in scout armor and 4 assault dudes with jetpacks and 4 tactics/devastatos in third droppod? or any mix of them? I mean why they are mutually exclusive? what is wrong with having all these branches to research? or I did not get something?