Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 302208 times)

KZad Bhat

Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #855 on: September 23, 2018, 07:15:57 am »
I very quickly found shakeup is a good way to improve gals you've newly recruited. 50+ battle veterans, not so much. New gals almost always, if not every time, get nothing but pluses, an experienced but recent gal a few minuses and plenty of pluses to more than compensate, and eventually can even get nothing but minuses . . . like Spiral "jeru" Gladius almost does.

Offline netron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 23, 2018, 09:20:18 pm »
How do I encounter Mercenaries and Smugglers more often? I feel confident in taking them on now after 30 months. Also, are zappers worth it? They seem like an upgrade to electric lassos but I don't know.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 23, 2018, 09:39:46 pm »
There's not much I can think of that will increase the odds of Mercenaries and Smugglers spawning, but here's what I've got:

a) Save scum on the last day at the end of the month, allowing you to reroll what missions the enemy factions launch. I don't recommend this.
b) Take junk missions out of the available pool, such as researching to stop tracking civilian shipping. I'm betting you've already done that.
c) Provoke mercenaries into launching crackdown missions in the following month by shooting down their shipping. I think the mercenaries are guaranteed to launch a crackdown if you shootdown a craft that has 'mercenary contract' as a mission. This doesn't apply to smugglers.
d) If RNG blesses (curses?) you with a mercenary base building mission, let it complete and farm the resulting base and supply ships. Again, doesn't apply to smugglers.

Zappers are a luxury stun gun. Lightweight, depends on the easily trained accuracy stat, can be taken into 0g and infiltration, uses electrical type damage, doesn't require a gal to burn energy to run up to and melee a fool...

It has weaknesses too, of course. Personally I just ninja stick / stun baton / power mace everything because I'm too lazy to diversify my stun weapons.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 24, 2018, 06:30:35 am »
How do I encounter Mercenaries and Smugglers more often?
Make sure you have Infinite Waypoints enabled in the options. Other than that, there isn't much you can do except wait.

Also, are zappers worth it? They seem like an upgrade to electric lassos but I don't know.
I find the more reliable damage from the lasso preferable.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #859 on: September 24, 2018, 06:47:15 am »
b) Take junk missions out of the available pool, such as researching to stop tracking civilian shipping. I'm betting you've already done that.

Any missions you can disable are outside of the standard pool, so this will do nothing.

Offline YandrosTheMad

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 24, 2018, 12:33:12 pm »
Hi everyone,

Coming back to the new version from before when the trophies system was up.

So my questions is fairly easy :

How to get the "Assassination Trophy" and "Alliance Favors" to get to the "Mutant Alliance" research ?

I have the C level badge (and researched it) but the only missions that spawns are D-level one.
It's has also been 5+ months since the the last Saya related mission and I cannot just give money to get tokens to get those as I don't have them in my manufacture list.

(Unless somehow "mutant martial arts" are needed but I did not see a dependency in the Tech tree)

I'm beginning to assault reticulan bases and to (mostly) get fucked up by mercenaries so I kinda need to go up the tech tree. The trusty kustom handcannon / heavy slugthrowers are not enough anymore !

Btw kudos for the work as usual, best game of its kind I've ever played :)

EDIT : Just saw that the mutant martial art leaded to alliances favors my bad...

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:52:35 pm by YandrosTheMad »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #861 on: September 24, 2018, 12:46:50 pm »
..all about that Trophy system -

- from what all ..things (badges, trophies, levels, "clients (customers) etc..) it consist of ?

- what are ..interferencies, dependancies between them,

- and how it all functions, at all (as whole

(and others ..relatings, concernings (suvislosti) with Tech.Tree, Researchs..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:56:36 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 24, 2018, 03:05:02 pm »
-snip-

Assasination Trophy you receive from corpses of traitors in mission where you fight with bugeyes(Reticulian Hybrids) and "Smoothies"?(Half-uber woman with white hairs),

Alliance favours are bounty hunter prize, but to unlock acquiring it, you have to "buy" and research previous prize(Usually the most expensive available)

Bounty hunter missions are RNG, so you have to wait becouse they will eventualy show up.

I think "Mutant Martial Arts" are needed, but I'm not sure becouse it's long ago since I started any "run" of Xpiratez.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 24, 2018, 08:40:12 pm »
It's has also been 5+ months since the the last Saya related mission and I cannot just give money to get tokens to get those as I don't have them in my manufacture list.
Check in your list of hidden manufacturing projects.

Offline netron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 24, 2018, 10:13:58 pm »
As for bounty prize dependencys: C3 requires C2, which requires C1

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 24, 2018, 11:59:51 pm »
I think "Mutant Martial Arts" are needed, but I'm not sure becouse it's long ago since I started any "run" of Xpiratez.
Technically not, since you can get to Dojo through following the GDX plotline, but it's a hard alternative. Still, if RNG hates you with the bounty hunt mission lineup, you might end up going that route anyway.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 25, 2018, 04:43:43 am »
How to get the "Assassination Trophy"

This seems to be a common roadblock.  Assassination trophies are given by alliance traitors (traitor smoothie and traitor bugeye), provided that you *kill* them and not capture them.

Alternately, missions where you have to catch a human mage (or noblewoman) before they escape to their vehicle high up a tower also give assassination trophies; at least in that one, you get the trophy whether the mage is dead or alive.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 25, 2018, 05:04:18 am »
This seems to be a common roadblock.  Assassination trophies are given by alliance traitors (traitor smoothie and traitor bugeye), provided that you *kill* them and not capture them.

To add to the OP: If you manage to capture them alive, there is the option of "Execute Traitor etc" in the workshop under Prizes, where the captive is converted into tokens. Also other options may appear for them in either the Workshop or Research, but then no bounty may be collected if the item is expended.

Remember unlike other missions where the dead drops a token, for that particular mission the bodies are the trophies. If you manage to kill them using something that explodes (other than gas grenade, I suppose), in other words anything that destroy equipment will also destroy their fragile bodies. Thus the bodies disappear and no bounty is collected. I haven't looked into the ruleset, but I suppose that is how it works from playing.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #868 on: September 25, 2018, 11:14:15 am »
What part of the word "assassination" could be unclear? :P

Offline netron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 25, 2018, 01:10:46 pm »
Does capturing alive and executing grant more tokens than killing everyone? Are there other missions that require you to kill the target, for example humanist bounty hunt missions?