Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 308434 times)

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #705 on: September 09, 2018, 01:04:40 pm »
Ok, understood.

Could you please look into my savegame and tell me, how to enter the pyramid?

Check this thread https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4102.0.html the last couple of pages people are talking about that mission.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 09, 2018, 10:35:29 pm »
What about the Govt Fusion Cruiser?

Raiding this one doesn`t give anymore the research topic.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 10, 2018, 01:52:03 am »
Ship documentations aren't guaranteed to spawn, you might get zero or multiples of them per ship.

Although is there actually even such a thing as a govt fusion cruiser documentation?  If not, then there should be; otherwise, we have yet another unresearchable topic here.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 10, 2018, 04:12:31 am »
Although is there actually even such a thing as a govt fusion cruiser documentation?  If not, then there should be; otherwise, we have yet another unresearchable topic here.
There is not and it is unresearchable right now.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #709 on: September 10, 2018, 11:00:23 am »
Specifically ship documentations spawn in inventory of certain members of the squad. Engineers don't always have them, and sometimes someone else does, so apparently it's tied to RNG, though each type probably has different chances to be carrying one.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 10, 2018, 02:19:38 pm »
Also, documentations can probably be blown up like any other item.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #711 on: September 10, 2018, 04:11:41 pm »
Maybe Dioxine should adjust the research tree and remove this prerequisite.

No. The tech tree viewer hijinks do not concern me that much. I did enough work to accomodate this thing I never wanted, like having to name hundreds of strings that previously were internal only (although I do admit it is a great debug tool). Existence of 'empty' topic might sometimes be a bug, sometimes a safeguard, and sometimes a relic or a part of some content that isn't available yet/anymore/currently (subject to change).

Offline Shrugger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 12, 2018, 10:47:25 am »
Just went through a Pogrom with Deep Ones. Gah. Lobstermen! Cleared almost the entirety of the map, but the last Deep One shot my melee Freak and I had nobody left who could do anything to the damn lobsters.

So please criticize my notes:

* There's a lot of them.
* Deep ones warriors are dangerous up close, but they can be taken down easily enough with light guns. Their archers are harmless to chain-shirted gals.
* Lobstermen are hell on chitin-plated legs; can take them down with a Greatclub but it's damn risky. Guns, even Blunderbuss and Boarding Gun, are useless - may have to bring an assault cannon. Explosives failed me. Fire?
* It might be doable to go for an all-melee group, handing out greatclubs and barbarian swords to everyone - but deep ones' reaction shots up close may be dangerous. Not sure. Also probably don't have enough energy to keep that up.
* Could try poison grenades on the damn lobsters?
* Is there any way for the muties to survive a pogrom? They bravely charge the deep ones, end up out in the open and get shanked or fartbagged. Can't they just hunker down somewhere?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #713 on: September 12, 2018, 11:14:28 am »
Lobsters' biggest weakness is choking damage.

Offline Shrugger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 12, 2018, 11:15:56 am »
So...riot grenades and ropes? What are my options?
Also, does the armor distribution (weaker in back) also apply to choking damage?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #715 on: September 12, 2018, 11:24:26 am »
So...riot grenades and ropes? What are my options?
Also, does the armor distribution (weaker in back) also apply to choking damage?

Yes, ropes and "smoke" grenades are good options, though if you intend to attack a lobsterman with a rope, then you're a better man than I. :D

Damage type by itself should not affect how armour sides work; if it's a projectile weapon or a melee weapon, the side which was hit applies. Exceptions exist, though.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 12, 2018, 03:19:39 pm »
As you mentioned above, just confirming, fire will do a number on Lobstermen (and almost everything else).  It's not going to insta kill them but if you light them on fire they panic pretty consistently.  Then you can either re-apply fire or smack them around with melee weapons.  And yeah the civilian survival rate for a deep one pogrom is almost non-existent, there's just too many of those fishy bastards running around stabbing everything.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #717 on: September 12, 2018, 03:58:41 pm »
A bit more on Lobsters:  (Other Choking Damage options)

Poison Grenades that you pickup from Humanists and such.  Even better: Poison Bombs that you can manufacture, later.  These both are wildly lethal to the shellies.

Then the old fall back:  a strong melee gal and an ax.

Offline AgentFransis

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 12, 2018, 06:43:59 pm »
I don't think I was ever even attacked by a lobsterman, they're pretty slow. By the time I saw my first one I had an assault bike that would make laps around them, chop them into sushi and ride away into the sunset. Assault bikes are great by the way. Alternatively, a girl in flying armor with some ax is a safe option all around. The really annoying part in deep one pogroms are the stupid pipes. Lost a few good gals to that.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 12, 2018, 06:46:53 pm »
And Celatids. But both are mostly harmless if you manage to stay indoors.