Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 307364 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #420 on: August 05, 2018, 03:45:37 am »
Buying a gravball outfit requires "Contacts: Death Realm's Arena". the requirements for that detailed in screenshot. More then likely you are missing having captured a leader unit.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 05, 2018, 04:01:53 am »
Ooh that pic reminded me that I need to buy a couple arena fireball launchers on my current playthrough, I just unlocked death realm and forgot to make purchases lol.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 05, 2018, 11:31:38 am »
I find the contact: something buyables rather underwhelming. Especially the  overpriced eurosyndicate stuff, which I suggest you should completely ignore.

Offline rezaf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 05, 2018, 11:44:06 am »
I find the contact: something buyables rather underwhelming. Especially the  overpriced eurosyndicate stuff, which I suggest you should completely ignore.

Pricing ceases to be much of an issue at some point, but otherwise I agree. It's easy to fail to get the contact of the area where your main base is located.
In my game it's almost 2604 and I have yet to unlock the Death Realms contact.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 05, 2018, 12:06:54 pm »
Ok, I found the Grav Outfit to purchase :-)

In order to continue with my research I need to get a "scout" researched. What is this? An alien vessel perhaps?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:17:36 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 05, 2018, 12:53:49 pm »
The scout is indeed a craft, one of the smallest ones in fact.  You might have a hard time getting its documentation since scouts never land from my experience and it's far too easy to blow them up.  And after all that, there might not even be a documentation to loot.

So the easier way to learn about the scout is to research the info out of an enemy pilot or engineer, or from certain files acquired via hacking.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 05, 2018, 02:35:07 pm »
Thank you @BBHood, that helped!  8)

Do the medpacks in that game refill after the mission?

And one thing about the Mercenary Engineers. On what ships do I find them? On Frigate-class, the most common, there is none.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:15:59 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 05, 2018, 04:41:28 pm »
Most medikit-type items can potentially be lost after partial usage, it's similar to ammo clips where all the ammo is tallied up and the remainder can be lost.  There are a few exceptions where they will never be lost no matter how much they get used, and these will be indicated by a lack (as in this particular text has to be missing) of the "consumable? true" line in their ANAL page.

And merc engineers can sometimes not be present even if the ship is big enough to accommodate them.  But there's also a chance that you might be confusing them with commandos since both of them wear black, in which case the engineer is the one without the jetpack and with a black face mask.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:45:01 pm by BBHood217 »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 05, 2018, 07:37:04 pm »
Question about the "energy capacitors":
According to the tech tree I should be able to research, but strangly I`m not.
Could anyone please look into the savegame?
Or do I first have to find one item? If so, where can I get one?

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 05, 2018, 09:13:22 pm »
Spoiler:
Go to your workshops and disassemble a gauss musket. Pay close attention to what components you receive when you disassemble weapons, they'll be very important later on.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 06, 2018, 06:52:55 pm »
I got a question about research.
I finally got the "unlocking stellar empire weapons". But why?

As seen on pic 1 I got all requirements. But why were the magischen-motors marked as researched since I lack a Star God Operative for it, pic 2.

Could I have got researched the magischen-motors by the decrypted data disc?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 06, 2018, 06:55:56 pm »
You can see the star god operative "gives it for free" and therefore is only one possible way of obtaining that tech.  The "give one free" mechanic means that when you research certain items/captives, you get a free research project randomly from a list.  Magischen-motors can be obtained from any one of the sources listed there.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 06, 2018, 07:14:08 pm »
Thank you, didn`t know that.

Another 2 questions:
1. Bootleg laser disc: Where do I get this from?

2. Where do I get a Riticulan technician from?
Can I purchase him one day? For there are no mor reticulan ships anymore in my game.

I need both for higher studies.

And a third thing about the cyberdisc. I killed lots but got never a research topic. NOW, out of nowhere I`ve got a wreckage. How comes?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:21:23 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 06, 2018, 10:38:16 pm »
Bootleg laser disks are random loot, possibly from certain enemies or missions as they're not super common.  Reticulan technicians hang out on medium sized ships and the imperial probe base mission (both of which can spawn at any time during the game).  Some research topics require a certain level of tech before you can research them, if something appears out of nowhere it means you just unlocked the lasts (or only) tech needed to research it.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 06, 2018, 10:48:49 pm »
So my chances aren`t big to get a bootleg laser disk, damn!

I took a lot medium size ships, but no reticulan on board. I thought, the round probes are empty! The blow up with one shot.