Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 302444 times)

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #285 on: July 27, 2018, 06:09:12 pm »
One question about the shrine ship:
According to the entry in the Bootypaedia it should contain at least one church reverend. But I got one or two church matrons instead. Has something gone wrong?
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.msg100054.html#msg100054

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 27, 2018, 07:55:29 pm »
There are currently two crew loadouts for the shrine, only one has reverend. The entry was written when that was not the case.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 27, 2018, 10:57:38 pm »
I can now build a slave robot. What is it good for? Like normal slaves (Income and storage)?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2018, 11:28:16 pm »
Yes. It's a pretty good slave robot if you have too much junk around or need the tiny little more space in your other bases.

Once you have an army of slaves, you can salvage your vaults.
A base can exist even without vaults as long as those bases have slaves in them. They can 'hold' the items for you and every tile is worth money/living space later on.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2018, 11:48:29 pm »
Ah, ok, good to know!

Is there any possibility to see, how many bullet a ammo-clip has? I mean, aside from going into the inventory screen. In the Bootypaedia, there is nothing about it. I looked into "anal" too.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 28, 2018, 12:05:06 am »
up in the top right of the anal screen for a weapon(that has ammo) is a dropdown menu of the various ammo it can use. Click on one of those and the ammo count can be found there.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 28, 2018, 12:20:46 am »
A question about large and very large ships:
They don`t seem to land at all in the game or VERY seldom. Did you encounter this too?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2018, 12:22:00 am »
Its all dependent on the mission the ship is on. Some missions never land, some do, some land several times.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2018, 12:38:04 am »
A question about large and very large ships:
They don`t seem to land at all in the game or VERY seldom. Did you encounter this too?
Of the large ships, you'll mostly see Freighters landing. During Alien Base construction, Frigates and Cruisers will land and during Sway Government, Terror Ships, Frigates, and Cruisers will land.
Given your tech level, you really want to attack only the Freighters.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2018, 03:20:23 am »
Broken Academic Medic (necessary for school graduation):

I have problems getting one. One Academic Medic is in my inventory. I can`t research him anymore, so he must be already researched. In the workshop I can only rob him or enslave him. Interrogation is not possible.

What should I do?

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2018, 04:52:40 am »
If i'm not mistaken you need the tech interrogation techniques, before you can break prisoners.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2018, 05:55:34 am »
Broken Academic Medic (necessary for school graduation):

I have problems getting one. One Academic Medic is in my inventory. I can`t research him anymore, so he must be already researched. In the workshop I can only rob him or enslave him. Interrogation is not possible.

What should I do?

You really need to start middle mouse buttoning everything, if you MMB an academy medic you'll see all the techs they know, what techs they lead to, and what actions you can do to them.  You'll see that the interrogation option is a different color than the robbery and enslave options.  If you click on that interrogation option, you'll see what technology you need to unlock it.  With a bit of backtracking through the tech tree it will get you on track.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2018, 11:31:42 am »
Sorry, you were right. MMB told me everything I need to know, what was necessary!

What is the mint for? I read the description and pushed ctrl+p but nothing happend Do I have to be in a special screen for an effect?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:08:38 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2018, 12:13:21 pm »
What is the mint for? I read the description and pushed ctrl+p but nothing happend Do I have to be in a special screen for an effect?
CTRL-P is often used as "print" command (thought it could also stand for the "paste" part of copy/paste). It's a joke, not something that has an actual effect.
The mint allows you to produce counterfeit chips for extra profit. The counterfeiting tasks are started from the manufacturing screen, just like all the others.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2018, 01:29:27 pm »
Lets talk about Voodoo.

I researched it, but still can`t use it. What topics should I search for in the tech tree?