Author Topic: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report  (Read 159238 times)

Offline 2Maybe4

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report
« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2020, 05:50:49 pm »
If you press second bottum mouse it will hide, to unhind you got to go to the hidden tab, also check for money and space

I checked the hidden tab, still not there. The recipe won't even appear. Is there an amount of space and money that I need for the recipe to proc?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2020, 07:20:06 pm »
Send save so I can check, you need some space and 5000 money for 1

Offline 2Maybe4

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2020, 07:23:52 pm »
Nvm, I didn't know I needed to research promethium first *facepalm*

I just tried to rush the forge and didn't realize I needed that bit too. Research completed and recipe available

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2020, 07:47:55 pm »
Alpha, your crash is due to an enemy base trying to spawn a terror-like mission in the ocean. I'm looking into how the base got there in the first place, it shouldn't be trying to put missions there. If you want to try to play through it, try clearing the traitor guard, cultist, or ork bases.

Offline baronvonsatchel

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 27, 2020, 03:25:05 am »
I'm enjoying the mod but I keep getting crashes upon trying to start a battle at a crash site. Something about a missing file in the MAPS folder, as you can see in the attached log. Sometimes the crash locks up my computer completely and the only way to get it back is to hard power off.

I have attached a save where my droppods are already launched, all you have to do to reproduce the error is increase the game speed until they arrive, and then upon clicking "start battle" the game will crash (this happens reliably every time I have tried it with this save). I am on Linux Mint 19.3 and compiled OXCE on my machine. Obviously there's a lot of wacky stuff that can happen on Linux and it might be that the save works perfectly fine on a different machine, but hopefully someone here can help me.

Anyway, thanks for a cool mod and hoping this gets resolved so I can see more of it.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2020, 02:58:55 pm »
works perfectly for me, no crash at all, also the map is the most basic there is (the farm) (can´t be missing map)
Also no other mod´s detected so it must be something you installed wrong, with the wrong order.

Offline sunkship203

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2020, 09:27:15 pm »
Hello, im new to Open Xcom, and im having problems with sudden crashes, sometimes sprites not found or crash vector.
Started today to play using the latest mod version, did the instalation according the mod's site video tutorial, but surely im too stupid to make it work properly.

So, ill upload the log and the savefile as i seen in other posts.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2020, 08:46:02 pm »
Hello, im new to Open Xcom, and im having problems with sudden crashes, sometimes sprites not found or crash vector.
Started today to play using the latest mod version, did the instalation according the mod's site video tutorial, but surely im too stupid to make it work properly.

So, ill upload the log and the savefile as i seen in other posts.

All works great on me, so you got to specify the time or when something happens, or revise installation

Offline warbear1976

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2020, 11:17:43 pm »
Hi. I was trying to destroy an ork's base and all of a sudden the game froze up after I pressed the "next turn" button. If I let greenskins kill some of my men it goes on well, but if I don't, it jujst stops working. I 've just managed to shoot most of them filthy aliens down and get into thr greenskins wagon without losing a single unit and I'm not going to sacrifice any of my men. Can you please help me out and solve this problem?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2020, 06:01:18 pm »
There's a bug if you put a unit in the waggon under the turret the ai gets stuck thinking, if this is the problem just destroy the main waggon gun or don't leave units in the waggon, if this is not your issue tommorow I'll check it when I get home

Offline warbear1976

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2020, 09:32:49 pm »
Destroying a wagon turret takes up to thirty turns, a busket of crack grenades and a bunch of crack missils. I wander if what my men are carrying will be enough. However, my solger's APs are over and the only thing I can do is press the button. I've done this several times, hiding incide the wggon has always been the most effective tactics. But not this time. So please, help me, you're my only hope.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 04:16:52 pm by warbear1976 »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 03, 2020, 01:29:41 am »
Well explosives are useless since imobbile target get under armor 150 for no exploits, the easy way is to get lascannon but if you don't have it use heavy bolter ap rounds they go down after several brust,s since ap bolter always give damage, the third option use some smoke if you want to get close and melt armor with melta or just use flamer
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:36:03 am by bulletdesigner »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 03, 2020, 02:37:33 am »
Explosives aren't useless, I usually have 10 krak missiles on my craft and that's typically enough to deal with turrets. The grenades won't do hardly anything though.

Offline warbear1976

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 03, 2020, 03:45:05 pm »
I have no heavy bolters, no lascannons, no missil launcher, no AP. The biggest problem is not that I don't have heavy weapon. The biggest problem is that the game freezes up.

Offline sunkship203

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2020, 06:19:59 pm »

All works great on me, so you got to specify the time or when something happens, or revise installation

Sorry for hanging the response, i was attending some emergencies.
The crashes mostly happen when about to enter Battlescape. I did reinstall everything today, gonna keep you updated if anything happens.