aliens

Author Topic: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report  (Read 159228 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2019, 04:22:39 pm »
That sounds strange, can you send save?check Buying and selling are different bottuns, sometimes can make confusion, Also remember don't hide objects, they won't appear unless you unhide then

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2019, 10:46:41 am »
That sounds strange, can you send save?check Buying and selling are different bottuns, sometimes can make confusion, Also remember don't hide objects, they won't appear unless you unhide then

my bad, just some confusion with the amount I needed to sell in order to get off that screen after a battle.

On another topic, how on earth am I supposed to actually bring dreadnoughts into battle with me? I can't equip them, and I don't have the option to bring them into my craft as equipment??

Also I can't seem to build the library, even though i've fully researched it?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:58:04 pm by Balgias »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2019, 11:56:56 am »
On another topic, how on earth am I supposed to actually bring dreadnoughts into battle with me? I can't equip them, and I don't have the option to bring them into my craft as equipment??

dreadnought´s are unit´s, that oucupy 2x2 so they need 4 seat´s, they are not equipment , they are soldier type that are created on the soldier screen (revive section)
also droppods can only carry one
landspeeder´s can´t carry
thunderhawk carry 3
Transport Thunderhawk can´t carry

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2019, 03:09:22 pm »
dreadnought´s are unit´s, that oucupy 2x2 so they need 4 seat´s, they are not equipment , they are soldier type that are created on the soldier screen (revive section)
also droppods can only carry one
landspeeder´s can´t carry
thunderhawk carry 3
Transport Thunderhawk can´t carry

revive section wuhhh

I was in a mission that had a small aircraft as support, is it possible to bring things like storm talons into engagements too? Or is it a special scripted event?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2019, 05:11:08 pm »
yap they are "scripted" for some missions, but they act always in war missions. With a lot of trouble is doable to give it by research on some mission (enable and disable mission with support by research) but it´s not in WIP since is tremendous trouble

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2019, 03:29:20 pm »
Game is freezing once its this chaos dreadnoughts turn to act, where do I share my save file? This is on file ver .16

https://puu.sh/Cv1hm.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/x9yv44n0yb20o5n/crashedx1.sav
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:35:10 pm by Balgias »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2019, 04:22:07 pm »
yap just tested, it´s not dread´s fault, i think is craft´s/mission related script when the turn starts, also i dunno how a ogryn is flying, but your are playing guard and maybe its a jetpack i dunno. Got to wait for ohartenstein23 since that´s a sideoperations mission for the guard.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2019, 06:38:57 pm »
It's something to do with the AI hanging up - when I load the save and turn on debug mode, all the enemy units run through their actions once but when it gets to the second go-around, the game stops with the Sorcerer. Tracing the AI in the log shows the Dreadnought as the last to act, so either there's a map bug where the Dreadnought can't move to where it's going or something with the Sorcerer is causing the game to hang up. I'll take a look further.

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2019, 11:21:27 pm »
It's something to do with the AI hanging up - when I load the save and turn on debug mode, all the enemy units run through their actions once but when it gets to the second go-around, the game stops with the Sorcerer. Tracing the AI in the log shows the Dreadnought as the last to act, so either there's a map bug where the Dreadnought can't move to where it's going or something with the Sorcerer is causing the game to hang up. I'll take a look further.

There's always one unit stuck in the sky with all of the gear when I use the valk dropship, forgot to mention that.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2019, 03:28:11 am »
I did notice that from your save, forgot to address it with the other problems you were having. This is the first I've heard of this bug, it was working properly last time I used the craft, and I haven't been able to reproduce it on my end. Could you try the most recent OXCE build? You can find them built here on Stoddard's build farm, select the most recent one that corresponds to your OS.

Edit: I've also had some instances where I could move on to the next turn by turning the option "Save Scumming" on when loading your save - this resets the RNG seed when loading the game, making the AI go through a different set of decisions.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 03:32:47 am by ohartenstein23 »

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2019, 07:22:01 am »
I did notice that from your save, forgot to address it with the other problems you were having. This is the first I've heard of this bug, it was working properly last time I used the craft, and I haven't been able to reproduce it on my end. Could you try the most recent OXCE build? You can find them built here on Stoddard's build farm, select the most recent one that corresponds to your OS.

Edit: I've also had some instances where I could move on to the next turn by turning the option "Save Scumming" on when loading your save - this resets the RNG seed when loading the game, making the AI go through a different set of decisions.

I have save scumming 'on' though

Latest version of oxce gives me this screen

https://puu.sh/CvoM7.png
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:26:06 am by Balgias »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2019, 05:18:20 pm »
Replace the corresponding ruleset in the mod with the one I'm attaching to this post.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2019, 12:23:34 pm »
Had an issue with middle clicking a juggernaut that caused the game to crash to desktop
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:30:25 pm by doctor medic »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2019, 07:33:24 pm »
[13-01-2019_18-34-27]   [ERROR]   Error linking 'STR_COLONY_CONDITIONAL' in startingConditions: Armor STR_SCOUTHR_UC    not found
startingConditions_40k.rul in the most recent available version on mod.io contains a tab at the end of the file which causes a crash on startup after enabling the mod.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:34:59 pm by krautbernd »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2019, 08:33:55 pm »
startingConditions_40k.rul in the most recent available version on mod.io contains a tab at the end of the file which causes a crash on startup after enabling the mod.

Yes, I posted a fixed ruleset just two posts above yours here.