aliens

Author Topic: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report  (Read 157892 times)

Offline Astralon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2019, 08:13:32 pm »
When I try one of the extra missions, it crashes and says the map is too big for this map type.

Log and save file are attached. I tried updating to extended 5.3, does the same thing.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 08:20:33 pm by Astralon »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2019, 08:32:03 pm »
what is causing crash is thunderhawk transport is 5 tiles tall and that ship hangar is 4, i thought i resolved that issue a while ago, are you using the lastest 40k version? anyway i will test and see if it still happens to me maybe between updates the files were overwrited and the issue persist.

well mission 8 and 9 have that issue and are inc. , since we are diverting attention to other stuff meanwhile. If you got there by the campaign you have to be patient and w8 for me to finish that sideoperations arc  :P (on the readme file says mission 8 and 9 are WIP) the missions there are placeholder. Sorry about it
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 08:39:00 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline Astralon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2019, 09:54:26 pm »
Ah, darn. I was hoping it was something on my end I could correct. Was really enjoying those missions.

Am I missing out on any goodies for not being able to finish all the side operations? I saw in the tech tree image you posted elsewhere that there was some kinda dreadnaught and what looks like a master crafted heavy plasma.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2019, 12:53:43 pm »
y,  if you give me you save and i will give you the final the intended research.

Offline Astralon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2019, 06:51:45 pm »
Sure thing, thanks.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2019, 07:11:14 pm »
You shall be blessed from this day forward with the chapter finest weapons!

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2019, 10:14:12 pm »
Hi bulletdesigner,
I have just encountered the same mission problem.

I have other question too:
1. How can I re-capture lost territories that have fallen to chaos (or to someone else...but that is the future)? Previously I lost North America but a few months later it was „cleansed”. Strangely there was a base that didn`t show up on the map, but when I sent a Valkyre to recon the area, the base popped up as a selectable destination when I clicked on the map. It returned to the emperor`s bosom after I destroyed that base.

2. (I downloaded Astralon`s savegame. Good job Astralon, I love it. Maybe we could create a new subtopic where we could post pictures and ideas on running the game.)

Although I can see the chaplain armor and a Sergeant Signum Armor in the codex, I cannot manufacture any of them.
I also don`t have the Terminator Sergeant, the lightning claw, centurion armor etc. while the research queue is already empty, and the game has no path to the end. So maybe I researched things in the wrong order?

3. And there is an issue with the dreadnought armor. I manufactured one and tried to use it equipping a marine, but it didn`t appear in combat, so I eventually just sold it.

4. I have created the Terminator Apothecary Armor (so far it is only for the Ultramarines), please let me know how can I send it to you and feel free to include it in the next update. I will do some touch-ups with the powerfist, and clone all the sprites for the Imperial Fists.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2019, 11:41:48 pm »
hey men,
if you want i can also give you the tech

1-you answered your question, if you take down chaos base in region, they will return to loyal

2- i will ask you to join your discord we have the complete tech tree there, i will also upload in forum

3- dread armor if for dread units, the must be promoted from dead to dread

4- join our discord servers is free and a lot easier . currently we are going for a mega update (a lot of mission mechanics changes), is not that i don´t like other people resources and help, we are low on time for witch as to be done, we must focus on the basic important stuff me and ohartenstein23 see, again in discord we can all talk and go roadmap, personaly i dont think termie apoth is viable, due to the player becoming OP, i prefer chaos gate logic. but we have several people with there own mods to there flavour, we can help you to put it to work

https://discord.gg/WQfaF9

Offline binLaden_in_a_blender

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2019, 04:40:19 pm »
I think have a couple of bugs but not sure if i'm just missing something (i wanna be safe than sorry).
on my current game i have been doing the chaos outposts & have the first two datapads but any other missions that show up are 'mission 2' that gives dp2, i already have a few of those, no 'mission 3' or 'mission 4' in sight. (also, i know this is not the place to ask but may as well. what exactly does the training datapad do?)

my other issue is that the research for the stormeagle hasn't appeared. i saw on the tech tree you recently posted that it comes under mid-tier req, i'm on late-tier req & i'm pretty sure i've researched everthing else. still nothing.

again, i may have missed something but want to be sure.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2019, 06:12:52 pm »
The 'tactical training data' is just an item you research to unlock Sidemission 2. If you check in the Codex, Sidemission 2 requires recovery of 3 unique datapads from Chaos Outposts - you'll have to keep doing these missions until you have all three. It might take a while since the datapad you get from the mission is randomly selected each time. Once you have all three you manufacture them into another item you can research to unlock Sidemissions 3 and 4.

The Stormeagle requires knowing about all the larger Chaos craft - you need to interrogate enemies that tell you about the enemy craft in order to unlock it. Next version we're changing this to make it so you only have to win missions against each craft to get data on them.

Offline Colf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2019, 05:40:35 pm »
Hi all, I've been enjoying this mod a lot.

Got one bug though? (paying for 12 guards when I've got only 3). My save file is attached.

Props for all your work, amazing stuff.

Offline Faravurof

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2019, 08:52:14 pm »
My map is seriously messed up and i'm only getting terror attacks. Both problems remain when I start a new game and are fixed when I disable 40k.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2019, 11:16:25 pm »
The terror missions might either be a holdover bug from 018, take a look at this post if you played your campaign with version 018 at all, or if they're done by Orks then it's not a bug. I'm guessing you just have Orks or you're not scouting out where the terror mission is happening to see the enemy craft.

The globe isn't messed up, you're no longer on Terra.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2019, 08:39:09 pm »
Continuing our streak of release-day bugs, here's a fix for sprites causing a crash when opening the bases screen, just replace the ruleset in 40k/Rulesets.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2019, 10:17:14 pm »
Crash during game. Valkyrie returning from combat at start of month. Crash due to alien retaliation mission.