Author Topic: [OXCE][WIP] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.7.9 released now  (Read 28665 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Finally, a new update!

I have to say, I don't like this mod as much as XCF, but I do find the premise refreshing, although I like the War of the Worlds' idea much more. Nevertheless, good job!

Thanka a lot for your kind words, HumanTraitor!

Hahaha XCF is very cool. And, of course, it was an inspiration to create this mod.

The War of the Worlds mod is currently on halt until I finish the semester on the university, this update had like 2 months sitting on my laptop.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:21:56 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline The Martian

• Colonel
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
*The Plasma weapons now have a vapor trail

Very cool!

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Is it worth selling the Linna instantly? $500k per month seems like a mistake when you could build a radar for $10k per month and not worry about HKs. So what's it good for, exceeding your 8 base limit? Same deal in X-Division (the one Xenonauts megamod), is there a reason or just coincidence?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:26:33 am by Bobit »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Very cool!

Hahaha I praise Meridian for the feature, I really wanted it from a long time ago.

Is it worth selling the Linna instantly? $500k per month seems like a mistake when you could build a radar for $10k per month and not worry about HKs. So what's it good for, exceeding your 8 base limit? Same deal in X-Division (the one Xenonauts megamod), is there a reason or just coincidence?

No, keep the Linna. Your ability to successfully detect and intercept any UFO or enemy human craft depends of the deploy of recon satellites. The ground radars have little detection chance, almost useless (5%).

I'll reduce the price of them, to encourage the players to deploy Linnas more often. :D

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Ohhh was not aware of detection chance. How does that mechanic work?

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Ohhh was not aware of detection chance. How does that mechanic work?

Both the buildings at base and the aircrafts have a radarChance and radarRange. In this mod, the ground based radars have low radarChance (5%), so the 95% of the UFOs and human crafts slip down your radar without notice. The Linna has a radarChance of 30%, also another useful value called sightRange, which is used to recon for alien bases.

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Ok, from the wiki it says the radars roll for detection every 30 minutes, so in reality it seems like a 5% radar should eventually detect a UFO about (1-95%^3=)15% of the time, while the Linna detects (1-70%^3=) 65% of the time.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
A new update is ready now.

UNEXCOM v.0.7.9 Storming the Abyss is alive now!

What's new in this update?

*Fixed issues with broken Alien Base script, reported by Brother^2
*Removed Fusion Weapons from purchase, reported by Andr and PERLHA
*All special faction weapons are now usable if you obtain them from the battlefield, reported by Andr
*New Angry Wife special USSR weapon sprite
*Fixed broken UFOPedia weapon entries, reported by Finnik and PERLHA
*New Terrorist Grenadier with gasmask sprites, made by JustTheDude. Cheeki breeki power.
*Balanced Terrorist stats, now they have bad aim (are a bunch of untrained punks, after all)
*Terrorist flyby missions don't have score anymore, you can ignore them freely (testing purposes)
*Laser Array and Laser Cannon now have new sprites and new names, Apollo Gatling and Kodiak Cannon.
*New Alien Fusion Weapons ufopedia image, drawn by Dauntless1942
*UFO Construction, Power Suit and Fusion Ball Launcher now requires Elerium Fusion.
*Fixed issues with Terrorist spritesheets, by zombieclone111
*Linna Recon Sats are now way more cheap, to encourage the players to deploy them en masse.

Offline The Martian

• Colonel
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
Data.zip is attached as requested.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 07:29:31 am by The Martian »