aliens

Author Topic: [OXCE][TC] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.11.0  (Read 88389 times)

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][OXCE] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.2e release!
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2018, 11:25:29 am »
I'm afraid I might just repeat what you already know, so I think I will wait for v0.3 to release, and then give you some suggestions. I can't wait to see what you have in the store for us, I have played this mod since the first (shared) version.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][OXCE] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.2e release!
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2018, 04:52:34 pm »
I'm afraid I might just repeat what you already know, so I think I will wait for v0.3 to release, and then give you some suggestions. I can't wait to see what you have in the store for us, I have played this mod since the first (shared) version.

Great! Hopefully, it will be a more complete version, I'll upload some pics soon:)

Thank you for your patience and for playing UNEXCOM, Mitra Lightbringer. ;D

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
[WIP][OXCE] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.2e release!
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2019, 02:32:34 pm »
Hello there!

Finally I got some time to work full time on my projects again. I've been almost a mont ways from a PC.  :o On this occasion and at the request of several beta-testers (including Thunder_andr, in mod.io) I have greatly expanded the list of weapons. On this time, the showcase of NATO's weapons. At the beginning and compared to the list of US weapons, NATO had relatively few guns.

The list has expanded to include several types of weapons for each faction, now all will share the same type of weapon.

NATO Weapon List:

*Assault Rifle: FN FAL with Underbarrel 12. gauge shotgun
*Carbine: SIG SG 510-A Carbine
*SMG: H&K MP5
*Pistol: Beretta 92 FS
*LMG: Bren
*Sniper: H&K PSG-1
*Heavy Support: M1919 30. Cal MG
*Artillery: Carl Gustaf M2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this will be a major update, I'm working on various areas of the mod.

It was necessary to complete all the planes of the mod, we need the last two Tier, so I have been working on the fighters, the bombers, the satellites and the transports. Now a test of the new combat aircraft. Since I'm working a bit of everything, I still do not have the version ready for ingame photos, since the rulesets are full of unfinished codes.

These new crafts are the Saab J73 Draken, a swedish interceptor. With stats slightly lower than the F.6 Lightning, but cheaper.

The following two are based on Xenonauts aircraft: the XF-38 Crusader fighter and the XB-90 Samurai bomber. You get them at the same time what you would get a Firestorm vanilla, but more powerful than that plane. Faster and agile, they are a worthy opponent to UFO Interceptors.

Throughout the days I will continue uploading images of what will come in version 0.3. :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:41:02 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
Time to test this mod out again. I'm glad you've continued this mod and so was your other projects with alinare, hope the two of you achieve what tasks you seek

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Time to test this mod out again. I'm glad you've continued this mod and so was your other projects with alinare, hope the two of you achieve what tasks you seek

Thank you for your kind words, Yakaka. I'm glad that you came back!

I'm about to release a thematic soundtrack (made from music of the Vietnam War era, discussed earlier on this topic) probably by Friday. I've worked on it all the week, it will set the mod more into the 70's.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
As usual, the mod is great, however like before, I've spotted some visual not so obvious visual glitch with either the M16 or the UN armor. If you look closely, there appears to be a suspicious floating dot while moving. Seen it multiple of times now so just a heads up :)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
As usual, the mod is great, however like before, I've spotted some visual not so obvious visual glitch with either the M16 or the UN armor. If you look closely, there appears to be a suspicious floating dot while moving. Seen it multiple of times now so just a heads up :)

Yes, seems that I made the handOb of the M16 (I think this issue is the same with the XM21 sniper) larger than it should be, I'm going to fix it.

All most of the Tier I weapons now have an unique handOb and floorOb sprite, to match better with its bigOb, I'm going to check them to fix potential issues like the M16/XM21 hand sprites.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
it needs more 1970s music, not just in the main menu :)

Well, for the Vietnam War era, you can't err by basing it on Apocalypse Now soundtrack

And maybe Bob Dylan for the Memorial screen? :P

Speaking of 'Nam times music, there is just so much to choose from.
etc... etc... i could go on and on 'coz 'nam era music is my jam. I can upload said songs if you wish so, but i recommend you to give them a listen regardless if they will be used in a mod or not because they are just good songs.

Hello everyone!

https://openxcom.mod.io/unexcom-soundtrack

I've wanted to make this soundtrack for several months and just recently I took the time to do it. I hope you enjoy it, I did it with a lot of effort.

Special thanks to each and every one of those who collaborated in the creation of this soundtrack, say Alinare, KYIV98, Dioxine, Stoddard, Solarius Scorch & Anon011.

To install it, you simply have to download the file, unzip inside the installation folder of your UNEXCOM mod or the mod of your preference.

Offline whisper micmillon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Hey there I am loving your mod but whenever I try to load a new game I keep getting this crash I was hoping you could fix this issue  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom UFO Defense\user\mods\UNEXCOM/Resources/FourthState/CraftWeapon/PlasmaArrayBB.png: OpenXcom is supporting only 8bit graphic
More details here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom UFO Defense\user\openxcom.log

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hey there I am loving your mod but whenever I try to load a new game I keep getting this crash I was hoping you could fix this issue  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom UFO Defense\user\mods\UNEXCOM/Resources/FourthState/CraftWeapon/PlasmaArrayBB.png: OpenXcom is supporting only 8bit graphic
More details here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom UFO Defense\user\openxcom.log

Hi, whisper micmillon! It is a great joy that you are enjoying the mod. Thanks for the feedback.  ;D

An apology for the error, had not previously appeared. It has been fixed in the main build (next v0.3), but to not make you wait any longer, here is the fix. I arranged the folders so that you just have to unzip the "UNEXCOM" folder inside your own installation of the mod. In case you prefer to do it manually, it is the same folder indicated in the openxcom.log file, UNEXCOM/Resources/FourthState/CraftWeapon/

Let me know if you need another thing. :D

Offline whisper micmillon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Hi, whisper micmillon! It is a great joy that you are enjoying the mod. Thanks for the feedback.  ;D

An apology for the error, had not previously appeared. It has been fixed in the main build (next v0.3), but to not make you wait any longer, here is the fix. I arranged the folders so that you just have to unzip the "UNEXCOM" folder inside your own installation of the mod. In case you prefer to do it manually, it is the same folder indicated in the openxcom.log file, UNEXCOM/Resources/FourthState/CraftWeapon/

Let me know if you need another thing. :D
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Will do but thank you tho I have to ask do you have any plans for a discord sever? That could be a great was of interacting with the community. ^^

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
[WIP][OXCE] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.2e release!
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2019, 02:10:13 am »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Will do but thank you tho I have to ask do you have any plans for a discord sever? That could be a great was of interacting with the community. ^^

It's a very good idea!

I'm going to download Discord and make a server. ;)
Then, share the link here.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Wow, it's actually been a long time since the last update.

UNEXCOM comes back to life. We are counting down for the Anniversary!

After several technical problems, with real life and devoting more attention and time to the other two projects in which I participate (OXC Factions and The Great War of the Worlds), in the Inventorum Develompent Team we have decided to release the long-awaited version, although this time, it will be a jump from v0.2e to v1.0!

Thanks to Luke83, the UNEXCOM channel on the IDT server is functional. I leave the link below.
https://discord.gg/PRwRhbS

Below a little showcase of what's in the new Anniversary version.
There has been a redesign of many aspects of the game. In collaboration with Luke83, we present the X-72 Orion Sub-Orbital Transport!

Jump into battle in drop pods launched from the Earth's low orbit. Land in the heart of the enemy. This method of deployment ensures faster response times, although there is no heavy vehicle transport capacity. 8 fully equipped hardcore, I-ate-aliens-for-lunch soldiers and a supply pod will bring death from above.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Try the new ballistic weapons! For reasons that the main UNEXCOM installation is quite outdated (it is almost 10 months old) and we are working on rebuilding it, we split this mini-update to avoid all of the WIP stuff.

In the meantime, we invite you to try the new guns in a standalone mod. It includes all new weapons, divided into categories, as well as Alex_D's new UH-1 Huey helicopter!

We have disabled all research for ease of use. ;)

Use the weapons as you like! Send us all your feedback, help improve the weapons!

Join the I.D.T. Server to download this test-mod, as new features and the newest stuff from all of our mods!

https://discord.gg/DaQREsP

Enviado desde mi LG-M400 mediante Tapatalk

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
We continue with the testing of the new ballistic weapons, the errors of last week have been corrected and we have added new sprites for the M16/M203, XM117 and M16A1, made by Andr.

Also, the new unrandomized wounds script made by Kzer-Za is applied to the shotguns, LMGs and melee items! The more damage you do, the more wounds you make!

What's next? Continue updating the UNEXCOM rulesets to release a playable update with the new versions of OXCE. Then release the ballistic weapons and then focus on the planes and tech-tree endgame.

Join us at the Inventorum Development Team Discord, where you can try new updates and patches earlier!

https://discord.gg/DaQREsP

Enviado desde mi LG-M400 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 02:15:24 am by efrenespartano »