Poll

Which OXC TC mod idea do you like? :)

Gears of War ( GOW1-3 and GOW-J Timeline (COG/UIR-Locust-Lambent Wars). Or GOW-4-6 timeline (Outsider-COG/DeeBee-Swarm Wars). )
1 (3.8%)
Halo (UNSC-Covenant Wars, stuff from all of the Halo games and media)
1 (3.8%)
DOOM (Not the Doom Stuff from X-Piratez, but a Doom themed TC with some of the old or new DOOM games)
2 (7.7%)
Quake (Quake 2-4 universe) (Human-Strogg War)
0 (0%)
Unreal (Stuff from all of the Unreal and UT games. All Unreal/UT Franchise Race War)
0 (0%)
Command and Conquer Tiberium Universe (GDI and Forgotten vs Nod vs the Alien Scrin on Earth with Growing Tiberium Infestations)
1 (3.8%)
Command and Conquer Red Alert Universe (Allies vs Soviets vs Rising Sun vs Yuri. Sorry, no C&C Generals 2 and 3. sad face)
1 (3.8%)
Space Rangers (Pelengs, Faeyans, Gaalians and Maloqs siding/fighting with Humans. And Klissan, Dominator and Space Pirate Invasions on Earth like a war)
0 (0%)
Starcraft (Zerg and Protoss Invasions, and Terran Civil Wars against eachother and other Terran factions)
1 (3.8%)
Planetside 1&2 (NC, TR and Vanus wars on Earth or Auraxis)
0 (0%)
Fallout (Human-Mutant War on Earth in future Earth)
0 (0%)
Duke Nukem (Dukes/Dukettes, Hoes and EDFs vs Aliens on Earth. :3)
0 (0%)
Saints Row (Saints/Human-Zin Empire War on the Zin Simulated Earth. Well, Earth is destroyed and atomized in the Saints Row series)
0 (0%)
Mass Effect (I haven't watched Mass Effect videos since my mood and boredum with YT. :-\)
0 (0%)
Crysis (Mankind vs CELL vs the Ceph aliens)
0 (0%)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Humans/Mobians vs Eggman Robots vs Demonic-based Aliens or Humans/Mobians vs Eggman Robots vs Alien Races)
0 (0%)
Metroid Franchise
0 (0%)
Starfox (Cornerians vs Venomians and Aparoids)
1 (3.8%)
Metal Gear Franchise
1 (3.8%)
Independence Day 1996-2016 the Movies (Alien Attackers, City Destroyers, and also Motherships, unless they'll be terror sites in this ID1996-ID2016 movied based TC mod or not)
2 (7.7%)
AVP (Humans and Marines vs Aliens vs Predators)
6 (23.1%)
Men in Black Total Conversion (Not robin's mod. A TC mod for OXC based on the MiB movies)
2 (7.7%)
Marvel Avengers vs Aliens and Ultron (That would nicer to have a Marvel theme based TC mod for OXCE+ depends on palettes)
1 (3.8%)
DC Universe Men of Steel (Supermen/Superwomen) vs Kryptonians of General Zod TC
0 (0%)
Anything other than those options, like a different franchise than GOW, DOOM, Quake, SC, Sonic etc? :)
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: My Best OXC Total Conversion Mod ideas for everyone to Read and Hear  (Read 1788 times)

Offline niculinux

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: My Best OXC Total Conversion Mod ideas for everyone to Read and Hear
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 07:28:51 pm »
Dear FeruEnzeru, i'm afrsid you forgot about the excellent Robotech

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 07:38:31 pm »
Dear FeruEnzeru, i'm afrsid you forgot about the excellent Robotech
Oh geez, sorry bout that. But it's okay, i would've forgot about it since they are 25 options on the poll.

Anyways, thanks for your reply niculinux (If you voted "Anything other than those options, like a different franchise than GOW, DOOM, Quake, SC, Sonic etc? :)" for a Robotech/Macross TC mod)

Have a good day here on the OXC forums for you then. :)

Offline ivansanchez

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 11:24:47 am »
I had a crazy idea: Rick & Morty. Listen, m-morty, we have to k-kil those alien bastards from the federation, *burp* morty. Now take this disingtegrator gun and *burp* jump on the s-ship.

Main gimmick would be recruiting more Ricks and more Mortys from the Citadel of Ricks, plus all the weird weaponry from its canon. Put a bunch of (expendable) Mortys in a ship and make those gromflomites suffer.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 05:10:39 pm »
This idea is... scarily viable, actually. Feasible, fitting and probably cheap to make (they're all mostly identical).

Offline ivansanchez

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 11:19:36 pm »
Morty, look at me, Morty! I turned myself into an x-com game, Morty! I'm XCOOOM RIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!

;D ;D

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 11:37:23 am »
Sorry for the late reply, ivansanchez. I was in my hurries with Zoners Pizza and Sailor Moon stuff. I was kinda lazy with my moods and a key to my better future of life and stuff that i'm okay with, especially Sailor Moon Stephanie-chan at least. Let me review your posts right now!  :)
I had a crazy idea: Rick & Morty. Listen, m-morty, we have to k-kil those alien bastards from the federation, *burp* morty. Now take this disingtegrator gun and *burp* jump on the s-ship.

Main gimmick would be recruiting more Ricks and more Mortys from the Citadel of Ricks, plus all the weird weaponry from its canon. Put a bunch of (expendable) Mortys in a ship and make those gromflomites suffer.
Morty, look at me, Morty! I turned myself into an x-com game, Morty! I'm XCOOOM RIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!

;D ;D

A Rick and Morty TC could be nice. I haven't watched R&M since it came out 5 years ago (2013).
I know that show's from Adult Swim, but that's okay for my moods at least. I would totally concern of thinking straight head on, maybe a Simpsons/Futurama TC is where you have an army of clones of the Simpsons family members (Along with their friends and workmates) and Futurama character clones (Benders, Fries and others) fighting the Aliens (Kang and Kodos aliens) and Brain Slugs (I've been a Homer Simpson lover since i keep quoting and idolizing him like "Hey, wait a minute. There's no such thing as a talking dog." and "See you in hell, dinner plate."), that will be my bets on that and some Rick and Morty too.  :P

Whenever's the case, i'll save Rick and Morty for me to watch so as Simpsons and Futurama along with other shows including Anime and live-action shows as marathons in one day (Takes lots and lots hours to watch them all in one day or two days in one thing. I'm gonna the say the word "file" due to my paranoia and life issues) unless i have something in mind which help my sufferings with shows/series. ^_^

Thank you for your late replies, ivansanchez. Godspeed you, and i will approve your replies if you have voted for any of the options on the poll.

Let the Ricks and Morties be with you, good fella. ~from J-Kun FeruEnzeru  :-*
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:52:24 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline new_civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 12:54:10 pm »
I am still considering doing a low-work cheap-ass play-as-aliens mod. I have working sectoid soldiers (that can kneel, which seems to be essential for them being considered soldiers by the EXE), and my thoughts were

-They will have NO weapons, only built in abilities
-will not be able to use any terran/alien weapons
-will start with one sectoid only
-have to stun/capture specific civilians as "resources" for more sectoids/abilities
-will have a base with the standard alien base look
-will not be friends with the aliens OR the the humans
-will not have a backpack, only their bare hands

Unit ideas for the sectoids were Carrier sectoid (to carry heavy things/units), psi-sectoid, stun-sectoid, electronic-disabling sectoid (against tanks and other mechanical stuff), stealth sectoids, scouting sectoids.

I also had the idea to make "keys" basically weapons with a specific damagetype than can open doors that are vulnerable ONLY to that damagetype

BUT: I am scared of the work involved  ::)

Maybe someone wants to pick up my idea?  ;D

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 12:57:34 pm »
I am still considering doing a low-work cheap-ass play-as-aliens mod. I have working sectoid soldiers (that can kneel, which seems to be essential for them being considered soldiers by the EXE), and my thoughts were

-They will have NO weapons, only built in abilities
-will not be able to use any terran/alien weapons
-will start with one sectoid only
-have to stun/capture specific civilians as "resources" for more sectoids/abilities
-will have a base with the standard alien base look
-will not be friends with the aliens OR the the humans
-will not have a backpack, only their bare hands

Unit ideas for the sectoids were Carrier sectoid (to carry heavy things/units), psi-sectoid, stun-sectoid, electronic-disabling sectoid (against tanks and other mechanical stuff), stealth sectoids, scouting sectoids.

I also had the idea to make "keys" basically weapons with a specific damagetype than can open doors that are vulnerable ONLY to that damagetype

BUT: I am scared of the work involved  ::)

Maybe someone wants to pick up my idea?  ;D
Sounds like a nice and cool TC idea, new_civilian.

Turns out, the game is kinda hard-coded to try modding to make it where it involves playing as the aliens which is a cool idea.

My opinions on playing as the aliens, try listening to any rock or heavy metal music fitting for alien invasions in anybody's XCOM stuff (full of alien invasions on Earth in each mod) or any alien invasion themed sci-fi made by fans, any song or track like Michael Markie's For the Makron (Strogg Theme) or any other themes like from Universe at War or Frank Klepacki's metal music. :D
VIDEO FOR MUSIC BELOW IF YOU WANT TO HEAR IT

Anyways, i approve your post and your vote, new_civilian. :D

Thanks for the reply. ;)

EDIT:
@new_civilian
Oh! And one more thing about that TC, if you can have a type of research more interesting for a "Play As Aliens" TC mod.

How about UFOs with weapons that fire plasma or fusion based beams from the bottom of any UFO fleet like "Alien Orbital Bombardments Full of Destruction and Mayhem!" via research and endgame stuff to conquer the Earth as the Aliens. XD

That will be a key for cleaning up the Earth and rule the planet. How's that idea for the "play as the aliens" TC you wanted sound to you, new_civilian? :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:10:36 pm by FeruEnzeru »

Offline tkzv

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2018, 04:57:18 am »
I wish it was a vote with multiple choices. I wanted to vote for several suggestions just to see what can be done with them :) I ended up picking Starfox.

From the comments, I find Mass Effect the most overlooked. The big advantages are extensive lore and abundance of 3D models in the web. Making sprites would be easy.

If you keep the original timeline, 1990s is about 1 century after the Geth revolt and 2 centuries before the Reapers' invasion — peace and quiet, still waters that run deep and hide devils. Solar system is relatively close to the old inhabited planets, but far from any colonies or working relays. Nice place for a criminal hideout. Mars holds one of the biggest caches of Prothean technology and a sizeable storage of element zero.

None of the established mercenary companies or gangs from the games existed 2 centuries prior, except maybe the Blood Pack. Anything can be made up easily.

Tech tree would have to be completely reworked. At this point Citadel has no beam or plasma weapons (except ship GARDIAN defense), and their kinetic hand weapons have unlimited ammo, but low (for 2185) rate of fire. There are, probably, no combat robots — Geth scare is still recent. But there may be varrens. Element zero would play the same role as elerium ­— it doesn't occur naturally in Solar system, it can be extracted from any alien device, and there's a lot of it stored on Mars. (And it may be prohibitively expensive to manufacture artificially.) There's no mind control (unless Leviathans get involved), but there are biotic telekinesis and even teleportation. Which humans can't learn (no prenatal exposure to element zero), but can disrupt with special devices. Of course, studying captive Asari would reveal far more information than anybody else. Perhaps, no interrogations would be possible before that.

Now that I think about alien species, there's a way to seriously complicate the game with many different alien containments. No dextro containment — all Quarians and Turians die from allergy. No biotic containment — all biotics try to escape and get killed. No ammonia/aquatic containment — all Volus/Hanar die. With the rest feeling fine in the starting jail cell. And so on.

The biggest question: what the hell do those alien criminals want on Earth? They've got treasures on Mars, they can discharge drives at Jupiter. Contacting primitive planets is forbidden, and anything they get here would need to be sold on the other side of the galaxy. There can be, in fact, several small unconnected groups of aliens pursuing different goals, and X-COM would be trying in vain to piece together all the contradictions to figure the alien master plan, which doesn't exist.

For example:
1. Mutispecies R&D company illegally excavating ruins on Mars and scanning Earth in case Protheans left something here too.
2. (Mostly) Batarian-Turian mercenary company hired to guard them. Then they decided this system makes a convenient safehouse far enough from the relay network to get lost, but still accessible for the patient ones. As a side business they occasionally raid Earth for slaves and primitive artworks.
3. Quarians trying to strip mine asteroids and syphon Earth atmosphere.
4. Blood Pack that visits when they feel like robbing the above 3. Or whoever they see.

The game can end with the capture of Prothean facility on Mars. Or maybe even activating the Charon relay.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:41:41 pm by tkzv »

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2018, 02:37:48 am »
@tkzv
Hi, sorry for your late reply last month (October of 2018).

I was kinda in a mood with that or this month to be inactive lately due to things i've doing pretty badly. 🤷‍♂️

But i'll apologize at some point if i change my mind on reviewing your long late reply about TC mod (I have the chances to do it later on if i'm a 75% good mood for that or not).

But thanks, we'll see.  :-[

~J-Kun FeruEnzeru

Offline tkzv

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 02:46:57 am »
No problem. I just posted what I made about Mass Effect in 2 months: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6735.0.html :)

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 03:13:07 am »
No problem. I just posted what I made about Mass Effect in 2 months: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6735.0.html :)
That's okay. I'll read it later i suppose.  :)

It's starting to be nighttime in my country i think, gotta to do some stuff sooner or later for now on. *yawn*