Poll

Which OXC TC mod idea do you like? :)

Gears of War ( GOW1-3 and GOW-J Timeline (COG/UIR-Locust-Lambent Wars). Or GOW-4-6 timeline (Outsider-COG/DeeBee-Swarm Wars). )
1 (4.2%)
Halo (UNSC-Covenant Wars, stuff from all of the Halo games and media)
1 (4.2%)
DOOM (Not the Doom Stuff from X-Piratez, but a Doom themed TC with some of the old or new DOOM games)
2 (8.3%)
Quake (Quake 2-4 universe) (Human-Strogg War)
0 (0%)
Unreal (Stuff from all of the Unreal and UT games. All Unreal/UT Franchise Race War)
0 (0%)
Command and Conquer Tiberium Universe (GDI and Forgotten vs Nod vs the Alien Scrin on Earth with Growing Tiberium Infestations)
1 (4.2%)
Command and Conquer Red Alert Universe (Allies vs Soviets vs Rising Sun vs Yuri. Sorry, no C&C Generals 2 and 3. sad face)
1 (4.2%)
Space Rangers (Pelengs, Faeyans, Gaalians and Maloqs siding/fighting with Humans. And Klissan, Dominator and Space Pirate Invasions on Earth like a war)
0 (0%)
Starcraft (Zerg and Protoss Invasions, and Terran Civil Wars against eachother and other Terran factions)
0 (0%)
Planetside 1&2 (NC, TR and Vanus wars on Earth or Auraxis)
0 (0%)
Fallout (Human-Mutant War on Earth in future Earth)
0 (0%)
Duke Nukem (Dukes/Dukettes, Hoes and EDFs vs Aliens on Earth. :3)
0 (0%)
Saints Row (Saints/Human-Zin Empire War on the Zin Simulated Earth. Well, Earth is destroyed and atomized in the Saints Row series)
0 (0%)
Mass Effect (I haven't watched Mass Effect videos since my mood and boredum with YT. :-\)
0 (0%)
Crysis (Mankind vs CELL vs the Ceph aliens)
0 (0%)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Humans/Mobians vs Eggman Robots vs Demonic-based Aliens or Humans/Mobians vs Eggman Robots vs Alien Races)
0 (0%)
Metroid Franchise
0 (0%)
Starfox (Cornerians vs Venomians and Aparoids)
1 (4.2%)
Metal Gear Franchise
1 (4.2%)
Independence Day 1996-2016 the Movies (Alien Attackers, City Destroyers, and also Motherships, unless they'll be terror sites in this ID1996-ID2016 movied based TC mod or not)
2 (8.3%)
AVP (Humans and Marines vs Aliens vs Predators)
6 (25%)
Men in Black Total Conversion (Not robin's mod. A TC mod for OXC based on the MiB movies)
1 (4.2%)
Marvel Avengers vs Aliens and Ultron (That would nicer to have a Marvel theme based TC mod for OXCE+ depends on palettes)
1 (4.2%)
DC Universe Men of Steel (Supermen/Superwomen) vs Kryptonians of General Zod TC
0 (0%)
Anything other than those options, like a different franchise than GOW, DOOM, Quake, SC, Sonic etc? :)
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: My Best OXC Total Conversion Mod ideas for everyone to Read and Hear  (Read 1486 times)

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
  • R.I.P OXCE+ (January 2017 - September 2018) :"(
    • View Profile
A few days or weeks ago, i was thinking about my ideas for total conversion mods i think of from different modern and sci-fi franchises, including anime and film franchises. I was in a mood for a Xbox game franchise i liked that keep watching on YouTube, but i feel like i was quoting too much of the male characters i keep quoting like "You, and your tower, and all this imulsion--can go to hell!" (I know it involves the Gears of War series i keep watching videos on YouTube for crazy reasons).

I feel like i would to post some ideas for guys to hear on this topic. :)

If you to like hear these ideas, go vote here, then reply first after reading.
I'll reply and quote your post after 15-20 people voted any of one of those options.

NOTE:
Those are just TC Mod ideas on the poll.
I'm totall busy with playing with games and MVII, and i'm busy with working on a WIP Overhaul mod and i'm also busy reading the forums (HIVE and OpenXCOM).
I won't be making these mods from the ideas of mine because i'm still focusing on my own mods, along with the overhauls and TC mods.

Thank you! :)

EDIT:
My top 5 own ideas of future TCs that nobody voted (1 person voted for ID 1996-2016) for everyone to hear and think about are since there are 9 votes (1 for Halo, 1 for C&C:RAU, 1 for Metal Gear, 1 for Independence Day 96-16, 4 votes for AVP, and 1 for anything else) from total members in the poll:
5: Gears of War TC: My favorite franchise from the Xbox consoles. Have your own Marcus Fenix and Cole Train themed characters/soldiers in GOW1&3-GOW-J timeline with MKII Lancers beating up a bunch of Locust Troops and Imulsion-Mutant Lambent monsters.
4: Unreal TC: First, you go to war against the Skaarj and Necris on Earth unlike UT3 (Well i haven't played UT3 campaign, but played a medium bit of the 1998 Unreal game on my dad's Steam account). You'll need Dispersion Pistols, AutoMags/Enforcers and Miniguns to take out the Skaarj and Necris, and... oh! Don't forget about the Rocket Launchers and Flak Cannons too.
3: Quake TC: Quake? Yes! Quake. My favorite where i keep watching nice and interesting sci-fi shooters, my idea for this TC is the Strogg Invasion of Earth. ;D Use human tech weapons in order to fight the Strogg and get their weapons via research in order to use them, make sure the Strogg have their own spacecrafts (UFOs) to fly around the Earth abducting millions of people and converting into their own troops.
2: DOOM TC: Well, Hell on Earth. You'll have like a squad or army of Doom Franchise Styled and Themed Marines (Wear their armor like the Doom Guy) take down the demonic threat on Earth along with Mars. Have super duper expensive to manufacture BFG 9Ks and BFG 10Ks via research to take out a lot of Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds (Also, there might not be a code where the first projectile shoots/fires projectiles at the units and then the first projectile explodes).
1: Independence Day TC: Wait for your first giant sized UFO (aka the City Destroyer) along with a colossal Queen's Mothership UFO destroy the city and the Earth in one blow. You'll never be able to save Earth unless finding ways to get inside the UFO, using real world weapons or alien tech weapons during the War of 2016. Good luck with your lives. :P
And that's it for now on. :\
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 02:07:10 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline Lord_Kane

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: My Best OXC Total Conversion Mod ideas for everyone to Read and Hear
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 05:20:05 pm »
Does this really belong in the "Released Mods" section?  I think this would be a more appropriate topic for the WIP section.
anyways I left my vote.

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 10:26:49 pm »
Does this really belong in the "Released Mods" section?  I think this would be a more appropriate topic for the WIP section.
anyways I left my vote.
No, i think i let you recommend it not being in the "Released Mods" section.  I think you're right, ask the admins and mods to move it to WIP section instead of keeping it to the "Released Mods" section.

How's that sound to you, Lord_Kane? :)

Offline Lord_Kane

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 04:00:24 am »
No, i think i let you recommend it not being in the "Released Mods" section.  I think you're right, ask the admins and mods to move it to WIP section instead of keeping it to the "Released Mods" section.

How's that sound to you, Lord_Kane? :)

Its your thread man, I am just leaving a suggestion.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 08:16:00 am »
All of my mod ideas have always focused on X-Com lore itself, but you seem much more interested in crossovers. I can't say what you should make, but I'll be interested to see what you come up with!

Aliens vs. Predator could be fun, I see a lot of room for overlap between that franchise and X-Com.

I also agree it should go in Work in Progress. I asked moderator to move it.

Offline efrenespartano

• Captain
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 05:00:57 pm »
It is a pity to read that there are no plans to implement any of these TCs. :( Although in my particular opinion, some of these proposals don't fit very well in OpenXcom.  ???

Anyway, I've been working for a while on some mod that has new crafts related to Independence Day, in case anyone has plans to do some mod of them, it could help. ;D

Alien vs Predator really could be a great TC too!

Offline SideQuests

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 03:01:14 pm »
While it is a great conceptual list, working on any TC takes a lot of time and effort especially if only one person working on it.

If you feel passionately about one then start pulling it together yourself :) I’ve restarted my own mod countless times because of new and bettter ideas using the resources we already have.

Also sprite editing is expensive if you pay someone else to do it! Wish I was more talented in this department!

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 07:54:05 am »
Star Wars mod? :o
Protecting the planet from the imperials / or from the rebels?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 12:42:59 am »

Oh boy, I have so much notes....

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 06:08:30 am »
Oh boy, I have so much notes....

How can I help you?
I have to admit I don`t know programming, but I learn fast and I might as well learn it on the job.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 10:10:02 am »
I am not planning to act on these notes, since I am already busy with my other projects... But I would be happy to help if someone rises up to the challenge. ;)

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 10:28:16 pm »
I am not planning to act on these notes, since I am already busy with my other projects... But I would be happy to help if someone rises up to the challenge. ;)

I volunteer as tribute!

Offline efrenespartano

• Captain
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 12:44:39 am »

I volunteer as tribute!

Such a beautiful background.

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

Offline ivansanchez

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 10:59:31 am »
Anything other than those options, like a different franchise than GOW, DOOM, Quake, SC, Sonic etc? :)

I actually would like to see a steampunk 1930's OXC, set a couple years before WWII, kinda a prequel to classic UFO:EU.

Things like arm your squad of british paratroopers with M1 Garands, rely on listening posts and radio stations rather than on radar (which wasn't invented/perfected yet), build bases over the ground (with a couple of undergrounds level maybe), then go full-on steampunk/dieselpunk when hitting alien tech.

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 01:29:13 pm »
Thank you guys for voting my ideas, sorry for your late replies, i'm kinda inactive for weeks not doing anything involving posting something or sending anybody a PM after changing my avatar everyday more often because my excited mood for SK Anime Season 2 coming out in October of 2018 (I have a schedule for 8/16/2018 for me to finish watching Season 1 of the Most Awesome Sailor Moon Viz English Dub really loved).
It looks like AVP TC's vote count's going good it seems. :)

There's 1 vote on Halo TC, 2 votes on DOOM TC, 1 on C&C: Red Alert TC, 1 on Metal Gear TC, 1 on ID1996-2016 TC, 1 on MIB TC and 2 votes on "Anything other than those options, like a different franchise than GOW, DOOM, Quake, SC, Sonic etc? :)".
I have to wait for like 15 or 20 people voted on one of the ideas because i really i have to wait for long.

Let me review your replies will quick (I cannot see any username who voted the stuff on the poll because OXC won't let me see the usernames who voted for the ideas)!
All of my mod ideas have always focused on X-Com lore itself, but you seem much more interested in crossovers. I can't say what you should make, but I'll be interested to see what you come up with!

Aliens vs. Predator could be fun, I see a lot of room for overlap between that franchise and X-Com.

I also agree it should go in Work in Progress. I asked moderator to move it.
Yes, i would like a crossover, but i want for Mr. Funktasm to reply about his thread about crossovers that won't work in XCOM like my reply about my own crossover that won't work in XCOM.

I approve your post about Aliens Vs. Predator TC. :)
It is a pity to read that there are no plans to implement any of these TCs. :( Although in my particular opinion, some of these proposals don't fit very well in OpenXcom.  ???

Anyway, I've been working for a while on some mod that has new crafts related to Independence Day, in case anyone has plans to do some mod of them, it could help. ;D

Alien vs Predator really could be a great TC too!

That's quite good as it seems, an Independence Day TC could a nice go, but have your go on AVP for now on, Mr. Spartano. :)
While it is a great conceptual list, working on any TC takes a lot of time and effort especially if only one person working on it.

If you feel passionately about one then start pulling it together yourself :) I’ve restarted my own mod countless times because of new and bettter ideas using the resources we already have.

Also sprite editing is expensive if you pay someone else to do it! Wish I was more talented in this department!
Pretty much, SideQuests. I was trying to do sprites and pixels (Just like Reaver does) with Photoshop (A crappy version i'm using like Elements 7.0 or anything that won't let me open up GIF files), but i'm trying to make my correct colors of the Rifle and Pistol clips i've edited (HE, INC, Shredder, etc) match the magazine colors of the original RC and PC sprites work in OXC (OXCE+ is the one i'm  using) instead, and now it's being a d*ckweed on me.

But you were right, sprite editing does seem expensive for everyone to have.
Star Wars mod seems nice, i would agree if the Earth was still outer space (Everything but the globe goes pitch black colors).
I approve your post, along with Scorch and efrenespartano supporting it. :)
I actually would like to see a steampunk 1930's OXC, set a couple years before WWII, kinda a prequel to classic UFO:EU.

Things like arm your squad of british paratroopers with M1 Garands, rely on listening posts and radio stations rather than on radar (which wasn't invented/perfected yet), build bases over the ground (with a couple of undergrounds level maybe), then go full-on steampunk/dieselpunk when hitting alien tech.
Steampunk seems nice, but give it a mix between that and sci-fi too.

XCOM needs more sci-fi than that TC. J-Kun approves your post there and now.

@All.
From afaict, i feel like i'm kinda impressed about your votes since i've been gone for weeks, but that's okay for now on.

I was thinking about like any of my ideas like an Unreal TC, Quake TC, Starcraft TC or a TC mod liked involving Gears of War.

Besides, Gears of War is so much my favorite game series from the Xbox family consoles since i keep watching them days and weeks ago (I've finished watching TheRadBrad's GOW3 playthrough which made me effing impressed of it). :D

I want an Xbox 360 for the Classic Xbox Disc games and Xbox One for Xbox 360 Disc Games so bad so i can all of the Gears of War games (I think my father was right about gaming consoles being like Steam).

From here now on....

May the Psi be with you, XCommerz! :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:33:51 pm by FeruEnzeru »