Author Topic: 40k Imperial Guard Operations  (Read 59171 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: 40k Imperial Guard Operations
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2019, 07:51:35 pm »
You don't have to do the first terror mission - if it's something you think you can't handle, sending a craft then retreating will help reduce the score hit you get from the mission.

If you do want to fight against Raptors and Juggernauts, the grenade launcher will only really be useful against the Raptors. Even then, I'd recommend Krak Missiles, massed Long-Las fire (it reduces enemy armor on hitting), Lascannons if you've gotten that far or Meltaguns to quickly reduce armor, or Flamers to ignore armor.

Offline swordofzephyr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2019, 01:22:27 pm »
Hey! I don't know if i'm posting this in the correct topic or whatever, i haven't used this site all that much.
I've seen the research requirement for tainted weapons called "chapter corruption".
My question is how do i get to unlock that research? Or is it just a rhetorical research to say this is heresy and we won't touch this...
Someone please answer if you know.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2019, 02:10:51 pm »
quick answer: you need all chaos weapons researched, then you you get the "into the chaos god´s path" research to get into
This question fit´s more the general topic then Guard Operations  8)

Offline lurker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2019, 03:13:14 am »
Hey guys I have a question. I'd like to promote some of my more capable hombres into Veterans. I think that eligible candidates appear on the Soldiers list when Promotion is selected? Nobody appears.

What are the minimum stats required for veterans to be promoted? I have two Veteran Guardsman promotions on hand, and this one guy's pretty beefcake, and has 50 bravery (which from oharty I thought was the minimum.)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2019, 06:04:40 am »
I don't have access to the exact stats right now, but I think it's 60 bravery, 55 reactions, 80 firing, plus a fair amount of HP, TUs, stamina, and melee accuracy. The stats that my soldiers are usually lacking and need to be specifically trained in are bravery and reactions.