aliens

Author Topic: 40k Imperial Guard Operations  (Read 59182 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40k Imperial Guard Operations
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2018, 09:06:22 pm »
A tag on armors to give them a weight value for craft loading would be nice, but I think this should be separate from the soldier count. Solarius has mentioned it before, but a craft could be given a weight limit so that instead of the total number of items is limited, the sum of their weights is limited; a similar system could be applied to unit armor weights. Before we just implement this though, we should probably start another thread to discuss it and hammer out some details.
One problem is how match item weight with soldier and vehicle weight.  Most interesting thing is vehicle where is item too.

Overall new thread could be good place to continue this discussion.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2018, 09:27:07 pm »
I started a new thread here in the OXCE/OXCE+ subforum.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 02:38:45 pm »
The new ufopedia entries for this mod are in part before the corresponding overview page: For example "guard medic" is before "armor overview".

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2018, 03:17:26 pm »
Yes, I just helped bulledesigner redo the list orders for everything in the base mod and haven't updated this mod yet with the new orders.  It's already fixed on my end, just not ready to make the release yet.

Offline Fauxvail

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2018, 12:28:04 pm »
I can't download the mod/attachment for some reason. It starts off really slow but then suddenly stops at 1MB or something. Does anyone have an alternate link?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 12:45:21 pm by Fauxvail »

Offline Skullar

• Sergeant
  • Deranged Angry Mexican Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2018, 03:07:49 am »
My dreams of playing with the IG in the 40k mod have come true  :'( thank you guys!! gonna check it out right away  ;D btw so I get to choose between IG or Ultramarines only right? after choosing IG on the tech tree I cannot choose to switch to Ultramarines later in-game?? sorry for this silly question but
I want to know what I'm getting into :P

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2018, 06:25:02 am »
@Fauxvail: Sorry, I don't have a mirror for this download, just the file here on the forum's space.  Have you tried again recently?

@Skullar: Glad you're excited to try the mod!  You are correct, in order to advance much beyond the basics of the research tree you will need to pick between Ultramarines Chapter Operations and Imperial Guard Operations, respectively opening up those branches of the research while locking out the other.  You cannot switch back on this choice later in your campaign.  However, more IG equipment is available from the start of the mod than for the marines, so you still have the option to play the guard in a limited sense if you pick marines, but you won't get much of the new toys that this mod provides.

Offline Fauxvail

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2018, 08:49:55 am »
I finally downloaded it. Took a bit of patience. I'll check back after I'm done with school later on, I'll be providing feedback and suggestions. :) Cheers, mate! The Emperor protects.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2018, 10:37:54 pm »
With the recent OXCE+ release, I'm proud to announce a new release here featuring some of the newest engine additions!  The HWP 'turrets' I designed for the Chimera will be part of the craft now in this new mod version, making it unnecessary to load them separately on the craft!  In order for this to work, make sure you update to the most recent version of OXCE+ (link in the first post), and remove and sell any of the old style of turrets from your saved game before updating this mod.  There are also new craft to try out if you prefer Guard Green over Ultramarine Blue plus a new mission to help train up some veterans as well as toys to try out in the battlescape.  Enjoy!

Offline Skullar

• Sergeant
  • Deranged Angry Mexican Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2018, 08:37:49 am »
@Skullar: Glad you're excited to try the mod!  You are correct, in order to advance much beyond the basics of the research tree you will need to pick between Ultramarines Chapter Operations and Imperial Guard Operations, respectively opening up those branches of the research while locking out the other.  You cannot switch back on this choice later in your campaign.  However, more IG equipment is available from the start of the mod than for the marines, so you still have the option to play the guard in a limited sense if you pick marines, but you won't get much of the new toys that this mod provides.

Yeah I see, I'm giving the IG a shot and it's blowing my socks off! lots of resources, and I like the addition of starting armor (thank God), I'm specially in love with the chimera turrets, just the decent amount of firepower I always asked for at the beginning, it's great :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:40:17 am by Skullar »

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2018, 10:40:41 pm »
Hi guys, I just noticed that the advanced lasgun cell cannot be used with the lasgun and the lascarbine. It fits the long-las only.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2018, 12:03:58 am »
Yes, this is intended. The lascarbine and guard lasrifle only get to use standard energy cells.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2018, 09:44:14 pm »
It's time to release a new version! The biggest change is the addition of Ogryns as a soldier type to fill in that front-line-tank/melee assault role missing from the Imperial Guard's arsenal. Since one of the new scripts to make them work properly requires an engine update, make sure you have at least OXCE+ 4.0 or OXCE 5.0 before you update the IG mod.

In order to integrate with the new "Strategies" added by bulletdesigner in the base mod, there are some research changes that may break your savegame. Thus you'll also need an upcoming version of the base mod (009 or later) or to replace the research ruleset in the base mod with the one I'm attaching to this post.

Changelog:
1.6:
  • Moved regiment training mission to spawn in same zones as terror missions - don't just have a base in Antartica!
  • "Civilian" Guardsmen that survive terror missions now result in free recruits
  • Added a mission to unlock more Ogryn gear after the training mission is done once
  • Added Ogryn as a soldier type
  • Added a ripper gun for Ogryn
  • Fixed the Chimera map spawned on terror missions due to MCD changes
  • Fixed some list orders
  • Reduced melee requirement for veteran guardsman promotion
  • Officer's sword trains bravery
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:39:33 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline Anon011

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2018, 07:57:49 pm »
Impressive, very nice.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2018, 02:05:53 pm »
Thank you so much to making such an awesome mod. I always liked Imperial Guard and this definitely the perfect addition to 40k mod. ;D

By the way, the Chimera is my favorite transport. It's very cool!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk