Author Topic: 40k Imperial Guard Operations  (Read 59165 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: 40k Imperial Guard Operations
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2018, 05:32:55 pm »
With the release of OXCE 5.1 and some research/item ruleset validation, fixes were necessary with both rulesets.  So it's time for a new release!  This version is necessary also for compatibility with version 010 of the base mod, but don't worry, it's not just bugfixes - I'm starting to add a few more mid-tier craft and will be fleshing on the midgame.

1.7:
  •   - Added the Tauros as a new mid-tier drop transport to be available as a mission reward later.
  •   - Added the Taurox APC as a mid-tier transport craft
  •   - Changed craft turrets to use energy as a limit to firing instead of TUs so turning+firing is easier
  •   - Lascarbine and Long-Las are now purchasable instead of manufactured
  •   - Hotshot lasgun shots do less damage but have pre-penetration armor damage to match changes in the base mod
  •   - Increased snapshot TU cost for mounted lascannon to match changes in the base mod
  •   - Added Valkyrie Grav Drop and Chimera to the list of craft that can be sent to the final mission
  •   - Fixed civilian corpses having default item weight
  •   - Fixed lasgun being manufacturable for IG strategy
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:35:16 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline d00my

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2018, 12:14:31 am »
I am delighted with the innovations and I like the new equipment of the Imperial Guard, but as I understand it, when i turn on the mod, the purchase of marines is no longer possible?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2018, 01:24:57 am »
Yes and no - while you won't be able to purchase marines at the beginning of a new game, picking one of the four 'Strategy' starting researches will re-enable recruiting them, but that locks out most of the Guard-specific content. The idea is that you choose to play as either the IG or the Ultramarines (with some minor guard support), and the new content this mod provides is balanced for not being able to use marines. For example, one of the first craft you get when picking the Guard over the marines holds 24 soldiers and has turrets, something that would be terribly overpowered that early in the game if those were 24 marines instead.

Offline d00my

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2018, 11:58:36 pm »
...picking one of the four 'Strategy' starting researches will re-enable recruiting them...
Sadly, i can't figure out how to get new marines at all. To the point when i try playing with only guardsmen in marines strategy research threes. Maybe it's a glitch? I tries to go long enough in 'Scout strategy' and i got to 'Tier II Equipment' without any new marines. Now i start again with 'Tactical' but again - no purchasable marines at all. Maybe i can't get the right research three? There is my save file for example.

Also, i got some fun glitch! Not sure, it's about 'IG Operations' or base mod, but... i have a FEMALE SPACEMARINE! Here's a screenshot. And save file also.

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2018, 02:00:01 am »
If you play as Ultramarines, disable the Imperial guard operations mod. I found that you can't recruit marines as long as that mod is enabled, no matter which strategy you pick.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2018, 04:58:53 pm »
Okay, that is a bug then. Picking one of the strategies should unlock marines for purchase when the mod is turned on, but it's also right that this mod adds pretty much nothing unless you pick guard operations.

Edit: Drop the attached ruleset into the IG mod's Ruleset folder to overwrite soldiers_IG.rul and fix this.

Offline d00my

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2018, 09:41:24 pm »
...Drop the attached ruleset into the IG mod's Ruleset folder to overwrite soldiers_IG.rul and fix this.

Great! It works just fine!
Thanks for quick fixing this bug!

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 06:54:17 pm »
As of the latest release of the base 40k mod (version 014), the Imperial Guard content is now rolled into the base! That means this mod is now deprecated and any new content will be added there. I'll keep this thread open though for discussing IG-specific content.

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 06:57:51 am »
I thought it might be a really good idea to have something like a basilisk support structure to have built at base as a pre-requisite for vox-caster armor, and a " vox operator " expensive armor that can be used to call in strikes for strafing runs or artillery strikes, seeing how difficult it is to bring vehicles into xcom

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 02:01:28 pm »
That is a great idea, in fact I've had it already partially implemented for months now. The officers' armor built-in melee attack has the vox caster icon as I intended them to be able to call in airstrikes. However, the new OXCE code to allow the artillery/airstrikes to function only exists on my GitHub account, awaiting review by Meridian.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2019, 02:33:56 pm »
However, the new OXCE code to allow the artillery/airstrikes to function only exists on my GitHub account, awaiting review by Meridian.

Wait... do you actually said "exists"?

That's awesome! I've been waiting for something like that since I started playing XCOM, years ago!

Any clue as to how it would work?

I hope Meridian introduce it soon in OXCE, it would make me extremely happy. ;D

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2019, 04:04:20 pm »
Yep, it exists! It works by making a weapon fire a projectile down from the top of the map instead of from the unit holding the weapon, with a few different parameters for accuracy/spread of where the strike falls. Grenades/Proximity mines that use this code similarly create a projectile that falls from the top of the map when they would have normally exploded, allowing for timed 'beacons' for strikes.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2019, 05:53:31 pm »
Yep, it exists! It works by making a weapon fire a projectile down from the top of the map instead of from the unit holding the weapon, with a few different parameters for accuracy/spread of where the strike falls. Grenades/Proximity mines that use this code similarly create a projectile that falls from the top of the map when they would have normally exploded, allowing for timed 'beacons' for strikes.

Finally we can realistically recreate the close air support! I'm super excited about your new code, Otto. As soon as it is released, I will abuse its use. :D Thanks for doing it, I'll wait impatiently. ;D

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2019, 09:48:37 am »
CAS better not f it up with friendly infantry on the ground

Offline func_Soap

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2019, 06:45:18 pm »
Been loving the mod (particularly chump squad Imperial Guard) but I always struggle with handling the first Chaos terror mission especially, due to the juggernauts. Am I just using the krak grenade launcher wrong or would I be better off rushing to lascannon / plasma?

Thanks!