Author Topic: What are these UI settings? Help me!  (Read 4492 times)

Offline MajorFunParts

• Squaddie
  • I'm so new to Xcom.
    • View Profile
What are these UI settings? Help me!
« on: May 12, 2018, 02:20:36 am »
In the Lewis in Ben save the world Xcom Files play through they have some UI things that I want to have as well. They have a thing that shows arrows with time units showing how far they can move a solider. And when they aim at enemies to shoot them is shows the accuracy of the weapon right next to the aiming reticle. At 16:26 in the video you will see an example of the aiming accuracy thing, and at 17:00 in the video you will see an example of the movement arrows with the time units. Also I'm very new to Xcom so I'm sure to confuse everyone when I make a post.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: What are these UI settings? Help me!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 02:25:39 am »
The arrows+TUs on them are available in the options menu.  The accuracy on the reticle is too, but as part of a larger feature called "UFO Extender Accuracy" - this option enables a fall-off in firing accuracy beyond a certain distance dependent on the shot type.  The default ranges are 200 tiles for aimed shot (effectively infinite), 15 for snap shot, and 7 for auto shot, and you lose 2 accuracy for every tile beyond those distances.  Mods can change these values, and the one Lewis and Ben are playing make heavy use of that feature.

Offline MajorFunParts

• Squaddie
  • I'm so new to Xcom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 02:31:49 am »
The arrows+TUs on them are available in the options menu.  The accuracy on the reticle is too, but as part of a larger feature called "UFO Extender Accuracy" - this option enables a fall-off in firing accuracy beyond a certain distance dependent on the shot type.  The default ranges are 200 tiles for aimed shot (effectively infinite), 15 for snap shot, and 7 for auto shot, and you lose 2 accuracy for every tile beyond those distances.  Mods can change these values, and the one Lewis and Ben are playing make heavy use of that feature.

I found the UFO extender accuracy in the options. Do you know what the arrows+TUs is called in the options menu or where it is found? I might just be blind.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 02:43:32 am »
look for a section called "path preview" in the battlescape tab.

Offline MajorFunParts

• Squaddie
  • I'm so new to Xcom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 02:49:15 am »
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! I'm so dumb, I was looking at advanced instead of battlescape! I'm all good now.