Poll

Do you guys use this program/app  (READ, VOTE AND REPLY HERE)

YES
1 (20%)
NO
4 (80%)
IT IS GREAT FOR OXC SPRITES, PIXELS AND PALETTES :)
0 (0%)
FIND ME A LATEST AND BETTER VERSION OF ASEPRITE
0 (0%)
IS IT OLDER VERSIONS OR NEWER VERSIONS OF ASEPRITE
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: [POLL]Does anyone use Aseprite (Trial or Licensed Version)?  (Read 1489 times)

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
Hi, OXC Forums people. I have to interrupt.
Does anyone use Aseprite, trial or licensed version? I am getting the program (new or old version compatible with W10 Home/Pro) for my birthday, along with a better version of Adobe Photoshop that is good enough for OpenXCOM palettes for GIF and PNG files (Adobe PS versions that will open up GIF files).

My version of Photoshop is Elements 7.0, i keep using it, and it won't help me add/my palette for the XCOM sprite edits and drawings. :(

I've collecting sprite and pixel colors with paint.net's Color Picker tool so that i can help me learn XCOM pixels so that i might redraw my edited sprites with Photoshop and Aseprite.

I remember what winterheart said about Aseprite dealing with palettes and pixels afaik (Because it's on the good list of the programs). Also, i don't want to use mtPaint because it is a GNU public licensed only sprite/pixel editor just like the DOOM1&2 Map editor. :(

If you want to to read this for me about getting for my birthday, go to my poll and vote here first, then reply so that i can read your replies and posts here.
Let me know of what version you and others use. :)

Cheers and thank you! ^.^
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:45:27 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [POLL]Does anyone use Aseprite (Trial or Licensed Version)?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 11:40:13 am »
i haven´t tried it, but for what i see in preview videos, it´s good for sprite keyframe animation witch OX don´t use, so i see no advantage compared to photoshop to mod in OX but if you are planning to do a platform game i see some advantage

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 06:32:55 am »
I haven't use Aseprite. I hear it's a good tool if you pay for a full version, though I don't hear it mentioned much here in the X-Com community. I use mtPaint, but I don't really recommend it. It gets the job done and is free but it has some bugs that are difficult to work around.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 06:57:14 am »
I haven't use Aseprite. I hear it's a good tool if you pay for a full version, though I don't hear it mentioned much here in the X-Com community. I use mtPaint, but I don't really recommend it. It gets the job done and is free but it has some bugs that are difficult to work around.
Yeah, it's a good program i believe, Reaver. I totally agree with you.

winterheart used to like Aseprite, but i haven't tried Aseprite. Aseprite is very good and best tool for XCOM sprite and image artists dealing with pixel art and retro-formats.

Best for Palette handling (but you can predefine own sets, along with animations and layers support). :)

Pretty cool to be interested with.

That's why i'm getting a full and newer version of Aseprite (probably latest version that works with Windows 10 Home/Pro) for my birthday, along with a better version of Adobe Photoshop for XCOM sprite handling.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 08:48:14 am »
Well that sounds like a nice birthday present! Also, congratulations on your birthday!

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 01:37:05 pm »
Well that sounds like a nice birthday present!
Yep. :)
Also, congratulations on your birthday!
It's not my birthday yet. You have see the calendar on there first.

Thank you for saying that btw. -_-