aliens

Author Topic: Question about hiting  (Read 2829 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
Question about hiting
« on: May 28, 2018, 06:01:16 pm »
if a unit is within a the blast radius is considered always a hit?
Sometimes i see a projectile weapon with a bulletsprite hiting the unit and not count as hit! or does it count as a hit and the roll as 0 (on the 0-200% mark?)

why the question ? to be sure the explosion always destroy tiles always 100% of the time if i put the roll at 100%-100%

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Question about hiting
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 06:07:05 pm »
Sorry I'm confused.

1/ OXC or OXCE or OXCE+ ?

2/ Units or tiles?

3/ What exactly do you see sometimes? If you're referring to OXCE+ "Hit log"... unit-hit is represented by "0" or "hit" or "hit!". Miss doesn't generate anything. Also it works only on units, not on tiles/terrain.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:09:26 pm by Meridian »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 06:14:25 pm »
 i will refrase

if a unit is within a the blast radius is always considered a hit?
Sometimes i see a projectile weapon with a bulletsprite hiting the unit(visually) and not count as hit (on the hit log)! or does it count as a hit (on the hit log says 0 (miss)) and the roll as 0% (on the 0-200% UFOdamageformula)

why the question ? to be sure the explosion always destroy tiles always 100% of the time if i put the roll at 100%-100%

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:16:19 pm by bulletdesigner »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 06:29:05 pm »
if a unit is within a the blast radius is always considered a hit?

No.
For example, if between you and the blast there is something that blocks the blast (e.g. big wall), it's not a hit.

Sometimes i see a projectile weapon with a bulletsprite hiting the unit(visually) and not count as hit (on the hit log)!

I would need to see it... there's a million things that can go wrong.
But in general, if you're clearly hitting... there should also be an entry in the hit log.

or does it count as a hit (on the hit log says 0 (miss)) and the roll as 0% (on the 0-200% UFOdamageformula)

0 is not a miss, 0 is a hit

How does this relate to anything before?
Hitting tiles/terrain and hitting units are two completely different things... the hit log does NOT show if you hit the tiles/terrain or not.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 07:14:19 pm »
i guess i mixed 2 questions.
i understand now

How does this relate to anything before?
your right i should have said tile instead of unit in the first question
wanted to know how to hit tiles with explosions, and do a clean cut, but i see bigwall plays part on it (thinking was a hit calculation on blast radius)