aliens

Author Topic: [MOD] Defense Contracting {End Game} (Obsolete)  (Read 4378 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
[MOD] Defense Contracting {End Game} (Obsolete)
« on: June 13, 2016, 03:19:29 am »
After practically developing carpal tunnel from all of the clicking involved with manufacturing Battle Tank (Craft) for sale, I thought "There has to be a better way..."

Spoiler:
1. Hideouts
2. Select Manufacturing base
3. Manufacture
4. New production
5. Battle tank
6. Start Production
7. Assign all runts (right click)
8. Aye
9. Aye
10. Yer Bridge

11. 6 (to fastforward by one day)

12. (manufacture complete popup) Allocate Manufacture
13. Aye
14. Hideouts
15. Fence
16. Battle Tank
17. Deal

Repeat above steps until out of Plasta-Steel (I bought in lots of 1000 to make 4 tanks before purchasing again).
Buy plastasteel. Add in previous steps.  Repeat.

So I started brainstorming about how to "automate" this process a bit more.  I hit upon the idea that we could wrangle a Guild Rep into "running" the business for us, and just put it on auto pilot (make infinite, sell all).  Of course this wouldn't be completely painless so I added a 10% "management fee" to the cost of production, but this would be well worth saving the seemingly infinite clicking.

What this mod does:
Presents a new research topic called Defense Contract.  This depends on Privatizing World Peace and the interrogation of a Broken Traders Guild Rep.  Costs are minor for the topic, and once researched allows for the production of "Defense Contracting" in the "Merchandise" section. 
$2,557,500, 100 workshop space, and 10000 hours will produce one "Filled Defense Contract" ( Sales Price - $4,000,000" ).  (With my factory base of 410 Runts cranking away, this is showing an upfront profit of $42.5 million/month before salaries and overhead). 
This is strictly designed to make the endgame burden a bit easier by minimizing a bit of the grindi-ness.

Edit: Updated for Piratez .99.e.3 ( to include Armory requirement and also adds in a slight cost for workers to simulate space in the vaults for the Plastasteel).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 03:58:56 am by ivandogovich »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Defense Contracting {End Game}
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 09:22:00 am »
I was thinking of doing something along this line although not as well defined as yours. That was of course inspired by another modder, I think XenoOps.

Nice one - Will give it a drive later on.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
[MOD] Defense Contracting {End Game} .99e3
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 11:15:38 pm »
I have updated the mod for Piratez .99.e.3

I have included Armory requirement that Dioxine has built into his Battle Tank M project.
I also added in a slight cost for workers to simulate space in the vaults for the Plastasteel (figuring 2 shipments of 250 each). 

The advantage of this mod is the reduced micromanagement of buying plastasteel lots for your manufacturing supplies.

Updated files in the Opening Post.

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 03:52:31 am »
Any plans for updating this to the latest versions?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 03:58:20 am »
Nope.  This has mostly been incorporated into the game already by Dioxine.   

You might be interested in the [MOD] Simplified Endgame (Quality of Life) (0.99H1)(https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5736.0.html)  as those things are not yet in the game.