aliens

Author Topic: New Niewiems walkthrough  (Read 14955 times)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New Niewiems walkthrough
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 03:47:09 pm »
Had only one mission with a knight.
Yesterday I got to research high explosives and some black ops stuff(cannot buy yet though) so will be a lot more potent :D
Right now I am using Shotguns and Magnums mostly

You should get into Promotion 3 ASAP, if you're not already, followed by doing MAGMA missions until you can buy their stuff. Alien Alloy ammo is a must by that point.

Thankfully, manufacturing said alloys gives you lots of money.

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 05:41:21 pm »
I am not even at promotion 2 yet...

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 09:22:49 pm »
I am not even at promotion 2 yet...

I'm surprised you lasted long enough with such subpar gear, unless you were unlucky to stumble upon a knight somewhere. As far as I know, Follow the Zombies is required to spawn Knights, so by then you should have Promotions enough to use explosives. Also, extra advice: Be sure to at least destroy 2 of the cults before the end of the 1st year if you don't want to be overwhelmed.

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 09:39:08 pm »
Had some hard missions due to a lot of enemies but managed to do most of them. Only had to run from Spiked Boars :D Follow the Zombies? Is that the mission where you meet infectors for first time? If so I did it without much trouble - most zombie missions were fairly easy for me... The one where I met Vampire Knight was some mission with Army - there were a lot of soldiers fighting zombies :)
I am also playing only on veteran level
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:44:37 pm by Niewiem »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 09:30:31 pm »
Had some hard missions due to a lot of enemies but managed to do most of them. Only had to run from Spiked Boars :D Follow the Zombies? Is that the mission where you meet infectors for first time? If so I did it without much trouble - most zombie missions were fairly easy for me... The one where I met Vampire Knight was some mission with Army - there were a lot of soldiers fighting zombies :)
I am also playing only on veteran level

Veteran is the third difficulty level, right? I think you were (un)lucky  enough to have a rare "terror mission" variant where civvies of three different tiers (civilians, police and military) fight against monsters. I only had like one mission so far, so I don't know what can happen here. Clearly though units of high-tier can show up, which can complicate things a lot.
On the plus side, if you can defeat Knights, you can defeat anything below that level monster-wise.
Boars are easy once you get proper anti-piercing armor (aka the Armored Vest outfit and later the Alloy Vest). Also, incendiary grenades and fire in general works against all monsters, including aliens.

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 11:46:23 am »
Yeah it is third difficulty level

I only defeated knight becasue he panicked and dropped his weapon - otherwise he would kill my whole squad without even blinking :P

I just got some new armors but currently I am out of cash :/

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 04:01:06 pm »
Uh, I wasn't aware that Knights and above can panic, good to know I guess. As for money, try building workshop and mass producing Durathread/Alien Alloys, especially the latter, as soon as you're able to.

While in X-Files you're no longer allowed to mass-produce laser weapons to sell them to totally-not warlords for profit, instead you do the same with "safer" alien tech. Win-win situation!  :)

Offline sugarran

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2018, 12:44:37 pm »
I begin with 0.8.6 and now i'm playing with 0.8.9. I'm at april 2001. I've researched the 82% (1270). I have 530 millions. I've accomplished 622 missions and captured 1655 aliens. But I'm stuck with cyber war missions. Nothing to research, no new missions. I can't get the dimension X. There is any techtree where I can see what I'm missing?
Thanks for all this work!

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 01:59:58 pm »
Hi guys I got back to playing this again :)
But after downloading newest version and trying to load a save I got error about mods not avaiable and when I check there is only Xcom Files in options/
But in earlier versions there wera a lot of other mods like alines pick up weapons and similar small mods.

Is it all right to load this save game or did I do something wrong?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 05:03:57 pm »
Yes, I removed all vanilla mods, since they didn't work anyway.

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2018, 09:14:16 pm »
ok thanks

--- posts welded ---

Hi again :)
Should I be getting mission "black lotus party" after I researched "terminate black lotus"?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:13:57 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2018, 11:14:15 pm »
ok thanks

--- posts welded ---

Hi again :)
Should I be getting mission "black lotus party" after I researched "terminate black lotus"?

If it's the same month, then yes.

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2018, 11:10:36 pm »
I think I need to wait for ability to dig through walls...
I got missions "ooze infestation" and tried it 3 times - 2 first times I was not able to find even one enemy, on third try I had most of the map uncovered - stunned 2 oozes and again last one was inside wall without any means to access it :(

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2018, 10:53:33 pm »
In Meridian the Hunter mission

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 01:19:20 pm »
Holly molly

I just had my squad wiped out in landed hunter-killer UFO.
It was mutons + some alien flying rocket tank.
I was not even able to dmg it... I used like 20 plasma granades and i do not even know how much laser rifle shots. How much armor does this thing have!?

Might try again today - I will take some more and better explosives :D