aliens

Author Topic: Questions on weapons  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Questions on weapons
« on: April 14, 2018, 04:00:29 am »
1. Is it possible to make weapons for soldiers x-com with the mechanics of turning into zombies? For example, when the weapon was struck with this weapon, the enemy turned into a "zombie x-com" after death and fought against the aliens.
2. How to make a fire extinguisher (to remove fire)? In the x-pirate mod, there is a working fire extinguisher, but I do not understand how to transfer it to my mod. Simply copying the parameters of the weapon does not help. Perhaps there is some script. Who knows, please help.
3. Is it possible to combine weapons with any device? For example, a machine gun combined with a motion scanner (as in the movie "Aliens").

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 06:07:22 am »
You can give X-Com a weapon that creates zombies, however they will always be hostile.

In addition to the 'isFireExtinguisher' tag on the item, you also need a global variable called tooMuchSmokeThreshold, and set it to something like 13.  Search for that tag in Piratez and copy it too.

You can combine motion scanner with a melee weapon - in fact you can combine most things with melee, but gun + motion scanner is not allowed.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 08:11:30 am »
Thanks for helping out with the fire extinguisher, it works. :)
 The check showed that the "zombification" from the X-com is working, but all turned-out are hostile, even if they turn into civilians (policemen for example). I'm sorry, I thought that it would be possible to apply this for conscription in battle. It remains only to turn enemies into something innocuous (a hostile piece of shit). Maybe someone can solve this problem.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 03:22:10 pm »
How to add motion sound for a soldier X-com? What files are responsible for this?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 03:26:47 pm »
The tag is moveSound on the armor, the sound file is defined by the extraSounds ruleset.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 04:52:18 pm »
Many thanks! :)

Offline Callahan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 04:32:11 pm »
Talking about weapon modifications, I also have a question.
Is it possible to give certain stats boni for weapons/items hold in hand?
For example +20 reaction for a pistol, only if it is in hand?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 04:37:42 pm »
Somewhat with scripts in OXCE/OXCE+. The specific case of reactions was one of the first scripts implemented. I'm not sure how well it works with other stats though.