aliens

Author Topic: Treasure extraction?  (Read 7594 times)

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure extraction?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 11:29:07 pm »
The purse and bag themselves cost 0 $ to start.
That's wrong. By extracting them you lose the money you would've made from selling them directly.

The cost-efficiency needs to be determined by some changing factors:

The maximum amount of runts you can assign to any project
The amount of times you can repeat a certain project
Another project you can compare it to (considering you've the tech and infrastructure to do it)
We...
The maximum amount of runts doesn't matter because you calculate profitability per runt-hour.
The amount of times you can repeat a certain project can be separated into two categories: infinite and finite. Finite projects often have higher profitability and switching your runts around to accomodate that is strongly recommended, especially in the beginning of the game.
Comparing it to other projects is important for ranking them, not for figuring out the cost-efficiency.

And while my sheet is a tad outdated, the profitability of those projects is higher than that of any repeatable one, so you should always go for them. Treasure chest extraction is the single most profitable thing, Money Purse places 16th and Bag of Cash still comes in at 60th. Essence production is generally very profitable, as are some other animal extractions, disassembling plasma and nuclear lasers, and assembling most of the ship weapons.
Honorable mention also goes to extracting integrated devices, which places surprisingly high for its position in the tech tree and the times you can run it.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 01:03:05 pm »
A single Runt needs 5 hours to count the coins in a purse.
5 Runts do it in 1 hour.
100 Runts do it in 1 hour as well. 5 are counting, 95 are doing nothing.

Overall yes it's great to have the best product to milk out once available but I hate to micromanage purchase of goods / manufacturing them for profit and keep an eye on the vault storage while progressing the campaign.

That's why x-grog, chemicals and m1a tanks are my fav. product to mass-manufacture.
Invest money to get more money out of it. Head free for the actual game.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 04:24:33 pm »
How much is 5 runt hours worth?  we need to account for that in the calculations

The additional cash you get for extracting a money purse is 5.800, and that costs you 5 runt hours.

You can compare that to a barrel of grog that sells for 4.999, but costs 240 runt hours to produce +600 material cost.

The best way to get the money purse research you need for extraction is from interrogation. I think ratmen have it in their list, and they are quick to interrogate (5 days on average with 1 brainer).

Offline Wayans

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 06:26:26 pm »
What bonuses give having more than 1 extractor? just workspace?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 06:34:36 pm »
What bonuses give having more than 1 extractor? just workspace?

In the same base? Yeah, just workspace. And emergency system redundancy I guess. :P

Offline Blood Raven 117

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 09:11:51 am »
Money is scarce and are better invested in guns and tools. Grog pays your bills but can't kill your opposition.

I want this as my new sig. Can I have please?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 01:58:31 pm »
Go ahead brother/sister. I don't charge for the truth.