Author Topic: Cool Alien Gadgets, can't research  (Read 5304 times)

Offline seanyscott

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Cool Alien Gadgets, can't research
« on: April 11, 2018, 09:19:27 am »
Hi all,

Just needing a bit of help with my most recent playthrough of Xcomfiles. For some reason I seem unable to research the "Cool Alien Gadget" even tho I have alien weapons, sonic pistols, dagon's staff ect. in my base.

Is there something im missing here?

Thanks,
Sean

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Cool Alien Gadgets, can't research
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 11:26:36 am »
Hi. You don't research Cool Alien Gadget, it is research automatically after you research any extraterrestrial technology, like the Psiclone, Alien Communicator, etc. So you should probably check if you have something like this for research, and if not, try to find it.

Offline seanyscott

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 05:28:49 am »
ah thanks alot man! btw one other problem I seem to be having is that I cant seem to use the staff of heart grip even though iv researched "using staff of heart grip" is it something to do with my soldiers? Because just now when i try to use it all that comes up is the throw option  ;D :'(

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 06:08:04 am »
You need psi training to use it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 10:59:52 am »
I should probably add it to description.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 01:11:27 pm »

As well as Metapsychology, which requires Promotion 2 IIRC. Then your agents' psi strength scores will be unlocked.

Offline seanyscott

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 12:47:59 am »
ah great stuff!

Sorry to be a pain just 2 more, how do i train psi?

and also on the screenshot iv attached I seem to only get the radar ring from one of my bases even tho I have large radars in all of them, is this just a visual bug or will this affect the gameplay?

thanks again,
Sean

--- posts merged. If possible, please do not double-post, edit your last post instead. - Solarius Scorch ---

oh oh oh and also do strange creature attacks ever stop? like can I research giant beetles to the point that they stop becoming a strange occurrence and I dont have to go stop them?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:10:54 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 10:19:15 am »
ah great stuff!

Sorry to be a pain just 2 more, how do i train psi?

In a Psi Lab:D

How to get a Psi Lab? Your best way to find answers for such question is the Tech Tree Viewer. I was against it at first, but now I appreciate how much time it saves. To access it, press Q in Geoscape to see this:

(You may need to enable showing spoilers in the Tech tree Viewer. It's in the advanced options.)

and also on the screenshot iv attached I seem to only get the radar ring from one of my bases even tho I have large radars in all of them, is this just a visual bug or will this affect the gameplay?

It's because only the biggest radar range is shown, and the HQ has a "radar" which encompasses the whole planet, so no radar range is visible. I really should ask someone to code showing all radar ranges...

oh oh oh and also do strange creature attacks ever stop? like can I research giant beetles to the point that they stop becoming a strange occurrence and I dont have to go stop them?

Yes they will stop, if you do appropriate research and missions. It won't be easy though.

Offline seanyscott

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 04:07:29 am »
Hi, its me again.....  ;D

I seem to be having trouble loading HWP into my skymarshal? I can't seem to see the HWP under the equipment section or the crew section.

am I missing something?
Thanks,
Sean