aliens

Author Topic: (Question)(Sub-Mod) Always Daytime Mission?  (Read 4445 times)

Offline Iron_Drakon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
(Question)(Sub-Mod) Always Daytime Mission?
« on: April 10, 2018, 09:40:32 am »
Not sure if I'm just missing it on the wiki page for ruleset reference, but what would I need to do to make a Pirates version of the OXC pack-in always Daytime mission mod? Am having fun with Pirates, but don't want to keep re-equipping most of my gals whenever I land at a night mission.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: (Question)(Sub-Mod) Always Daytime Mission?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 11:16:01 am »
Try F5 and F9 to save/load your equipment.
This speeds up things drastically and also works for the entire equipment of ships (if you exchange your main dropship for a bigger one for example).

You've to re-equip alot in this mod thanks to a massive variety of tools to choose from.
Infiltration missions, Space missions and underwater missions all work with different equipment and armor rules so you have to adjust one way or another.

Night and day missions cycle alot. A forced 'daytime only' would make a huge aspect of equipment (flares and night-ops armor) entirely useless.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:23:35 am »
Most of the time I use regular equipment for night missions anyway. Only if I know it is going to be difficult I might equip some flares and more incendiary stuff.
I need to look at night armors. Right now most people are in heavy suits (thank the Old Gods for that stack of aqua plastics in an undersea mission, I was having little to nothing before, made an effort to capture the Guild Guards because they only give aqua plastics when enslaved/robbed, not when killed), with some in hover/grav and two have Defenders thanks to some nice Spartans.

Offline Iron_Drakon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 12:05:28 pm »
I don't have a problem with having to change equipment for entirely different mission types. I dislike being forced to use different equipment for night missions thanks to technical issues. I don't care about aim penalty for lack of light, but the fact that I can't see a damn thing on my screen on most night maps, only artic and desert being ones I can see anything outside of the lights on makes it hard for me to enjoy playing them. Mostly this is on me since I have an old monitor that already has a darker than normal display, but I'm not able to replace it at this point, so a way to either lighten the whole map, or force it to stay daytime is what I need. Ideally, I'd like some way to make the map visually show how it does during the day, but retain nighttime visibility mechanics, but at this point forcing it to stay day is the best my very limited skillset might allow me to do.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 12:35:31 pm »
You are aware that you can switch to night vision mode?

Offline Iron_Drakon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 12:40:08 pm »
Was not aware of this feature. Even with, would still like to try hand at making something to force time on missions. Simple intro to coding for engine after all.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 08:01:53 pm »
The function to always have (true) daytime is already presented. You just need to edit the rules files.
Likewise, you may want to play around with the nighttime color modes. I haven't experimented, but one of them might just give you the daytime graphics with nighttime rules.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 02:03:25 am »
None of the color modes will give daytime graphics, it just changes the base hue that's used. Piratez was designed with color 2 in mind (so says the options for it, anyway) which is an orange base. There's variations of blues, purples, and cyans as well, but I don't recall all the colors. I'm sure it's not the standard 16 color range from the old DOS ANSI codes.