aliens

Author Topic: Incoeriences and rebalance for gauss weapons on TFTD  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Matachusets

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Incoeriences and rebalance for gauss weapons on TFTD
« on: April 01, 2018, 11:05:58 pm »
Hi to all! I like to rebalance gauss weapons since since some litte problems :

A. In Ufopedia they beams are basically a anti-matter bullet of galium arsenic filled whit anti-protons, whit logic says they sould be far supperior from sonic weapons dealing damage.

B. I hate having anti matter weapons, have to reliying on alien tech like sonic weapons, i hate then, because from they begining of they game, fells like "cheated" weapons, not to metions it is not very hard have all 4 sonic weapons in the very very 1st mission, special, if you attack a small UFO.

C. THEY USE AMMO, unlike the laser counterpart from 1st alien war.

D. This one is not gauss related, but its a fitable question about weapons from x-com:

WHERE ARE our precius LASER weapons researched in the 1st war, and WHERE ARE the plasma guns researched from aliens during the 1st war?

Well, now, i humble asking please, can someone refres my memory what .DAT file contains the weapons and clip hex data for tweak damage output?

And please again, any mod that adds laser and plasma weapons to TFTD?

1 million thanks!  8) 8)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Incoeriences and rebalance for gauss weapons on TFTD
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 11:53:07 pm »
You don't need to hexedit DAT files in OpenXcom anymore.

It is now much easier, you can modify human-readable ruleset (text) files.

Just download and study any mod for inspiration.
Also check the ruleset reference: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_(OpenXcom)

PS: all things you said are quite easily doable
PS2: welcome to OpenXcom

Offline Matachusets

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 05:25:49 am »
Really? thats pretty good for sure, few time searching values to change, by the way i m using last git build for begin hable to play tftd, but i didont found data folder and cant find ruleset folder, I searched in documents\user\openxcom folder too, but didont found, do i have to download version 1.0 and copy folder tree data\ruleset to my current instance? or the rulesets are in other folde i didont see?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 06:17:26 am »
Do not use the 1.0 version.   In your Openxcom folder find \standard\xcom2\ folders.  You will find all the ruleset files in there.

Offline Matachusets

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 06:20:53 pm »
Ok! thanks a lot!