aliens

Author Topic: frequency terror missions  (Read 2688 times)

Offline wolf619

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
frequency terror missions
« on: March 30, 2018, 11:36:17 pm »
is it possible to change the frequency of terror missions to say once per month?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: frequency terror missions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 11:44:07 pm »
It is once per month... in vanilla.

Or are you asking about some mod?

Offline wolf619

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 01:58:35 am »
is it once a month? I didn't realize that. Ok we'll here's what I actually had in mind, how would you set it so there are ONLY terror missions (no ufos) and they are about 2 weeks apart, that's what I'd really like to do. Thanks for your help by the way, I do appreciate it!
I was thinking about it but wasn't sure if it could be done, but I just played x-files so I know it is possible.
any idea on how to do this?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 07:07:15 am »
You have to set the mission delay timers. I assume you can eliminate other mission types by setting their timers to an absurdly high number. Retaliation missions must have their spawn chance set to 0%.

The frequency of terror missions is affected by shooting down terror mission craft. There is a delay added for shooting craft down and you can also edit this value. Change it to 0 to have the mission keep going at the same rate.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 07:30:21 am »
is it once a month? I didn't realize that. Ok we'll here's what I actually had in mind, how would you set it so there are ONLY terror missions (no ufos) and they are about 2 weeks apart, that's what I'd really like to do. Thanks for your help by the way, I do appreciate it!
I was thinking about it but wasn't sure if it could be done, but I just played x-files so I know it is possible.
any idea on how to do this?

Only requires some edits to missionScripts.rul

Offline wolf619

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 03:04:57 pm »
Awesome thank you guys so much! :D