Author Topic: A request to Solarius (or anyone that could help me) about DOGS  (Read 3224 times)

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
Hi pal, first of all i want to say : WOW!, such a lot work poured into this mod that is one of the best total reconversions i saw until now  :D , its absolutely amazing but im also a purist and a sentimental guy, i play this but also go an play in a more "vainilla vibe" FMP(im a fan of your work, pretty nice work with the copilation but also with your creations too) to keep drowning myself in the melancholy of the ol' good childhood from time to time, i keep myself away from the computer from a long time (also from the forums), but i decided to came back and check all the stuff and i have to say there are a lot of improvements since the last time i logged (cheers to all the community for that :D!)

Well my request is that because even if i love the secret xfiles vibe/tone of the mod , i have to admit my favorite part of this mod is your work with dogs(nothing better that killing folks with the help of your little doggos and pupperinos :P), and i really want to import them into my FMP gameplay, and im wondering if you can help me with this (or you can tell me how to do it myself...its have been a while since i touched notepad++ but i guess i should start again tho).

So basically thats my request, is there a way to get a independant dogs mods so i can use it on FMP (including all their variants/armors, being normal units instead of HWP, having names, and all that stuff)????

(on a side note i already use OXCE+ in my FMP gameplay so im already aware that some of this features are only posible if i use the meridian's OXCE+ so i hope my petition could be "feasible"  :-[)

TL;DR: how can i get a independant DOG mod? sorry for bothering :(

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: A request to Solarius (or anyone that could help me) about DOGS
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 05:18:13 pm »
Hi Blackwolf! (I'm not surprised you like dogs! ;) )
In short: it's possible. I would find it hard to actually tell you in details how to do that, but generally speaking: you must create a new soldier type (STR_DOGE or whatever) and armours for them (with corresponding items).
I think I'll make such a mod when I have some time.

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
Re: A request to Solarius (or anyone that could help me) about DOGS
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 12:44:14 am »
yes hehe, how about adding cats too! imagine the horrors of facing a lethal and completely indiferent foe like the ol' mr. whiskers (jk).
On a serious note, yeah , thanks a lot , ill try to do it myself, but until them im gonna wait for it :) (y)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
Don't forget those white bunny rabbits with fangs!