aliens

Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] Marking items as ignored in purchase screen  (Read 4134 times)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
EDIT by Meridian: more info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6150.0.html

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be nice to mark items on the purchase screen as ignored.  Once the item is marked ignore it won't show up on the purchase list or maybe moved to the very bottom or have an "Ignored items" pull down to show them.  Either way, it would be helpful to have items you no longer care about purchasing cluttering up the screen when I find the items I do care about buying.  This has become more of an issue in the XCOM Files mod with so many weapons available to purchase. I spend a lot of time scrolling up and down sometimes missing the item I'm looking to buy.  Also, some items are great early game, but as you get upgrades, I don't care about the early items anymore and have no desire to purchase them.

Anyway, here's a suggestion that would help improve the game IMHO :)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:16:45 pm by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [Suggestion] - Marking items as ignored in purchase screen
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 09:08:07 pm »
I support this idea. :)

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile

KZad Bhat

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 06:10:52 am »
Definitely a good idea. I haven't played X-Com Files yet, but Piratez is giving the same issue. So many times I went looking for something and skipped over it several times . . . before remembering to press q.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 03:04:07 am »
Thanks for the "q" tip. That helps some.  I still would like a screen that has just the items I care about.   So, I'm thinking about instead of "hiding" items, maybe prioritize the ones you care about as "essential" by marking them somehow (keypress? mouseclick?),  Then with the press of a hotkey, the purchase list will show only those marked items.  Basically flipping the idea around to show high priority items which  normally equates to what I'm currently supplying my team with at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:40:52 am by jgatkinsn »

KZad Bhat

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 09:55:38 am »
Actually, that's a pretty good idea too. Although if they do it like with research, then even when you need something you've hidden in purchasing, you can still show those easily.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 11:39:12 am »
I think having both features would be redundant, and if I were to choose, I would definitely take the hiding option, for many reasons.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 01:01:04 am »
Agreed.  I didn't mean to imply that I would want both features.  It was one or the other.  So how would you see this feature being used from your perspective?  Just "hide" a bunch of items from all the relevant categories (All items, ammo, etc), but implement a "hidden" category to display those hidden items if needed?

KZad Bhat

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 01:48:04 am »
Sounds the best way, really, just like in the manufacturing screen . . . which is what I was really thinking when I typed research, I don't know how I missed that until now.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 03:59:09 pm »
I got this working last night.  It was surprisingly easy.  I'll post a screen capture tonight for some feedback.   Now, I've got to figure out how to save and reload the hidden item list  from a save file:)  Fun Fun!

EDIT: Screen recording uploaded showing the functionality.  Right-clicking the mouse "toggles" the hide item feature.   Doesn't work on craft or personnel (don't think it will ever work for personnel).

EDIT: youtube link -
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:30:39 am by jgatkinsn »