aliens

Author Topic: How to correctely use rope and/or manacles?  (Read 3211 times)

niculinux

How to correctely use rope and/or manacles?
« on: March 09, 2018, 10:00:29 pm »
Hello again, just a (not so hopefully) question: but what is the right metod to use weapons that immobillize a person to the ground? For instance, the roe and th manacles, will work like the handle or it is possible use these on already stunned enemies? That last thing i find very interesting, and may lead to a more sread use of these?

ere is a screenshot, i was wondering iif it is possible to use on laying enemies...well a srie that changes after one have been ted may be cool, don't  know if may be doable :)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How to correctely use rope and/or manacles?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 01:30:00 am »
As far as I'm aware, rope is just for putting them on the ground, it's very effective against anything that breathes and isn't in power armor but takes a lot of TU to use.  I'd have to check, but I think using manacles in combat is just swinging them into your enemy, their main use is to use them while standing on a downed enemy, removes the manacles and increases stun a lot.  However, high stun has a chance of just damaging the target, eventually killing them, so it's risky.

Incidentally, you using a phone to post? Cause I remember you being better at spelling  ;)

niculinux

Re: How to correctely use rope and/or manacles?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 01:40:00 am »
As far as I'm aware, rope is just for putting them on the ground, it's very effective against anything that breathes and isn't in power armor but takes a lot of TU to use.  I'd have to check, but I think using manacles in combat is just swinging them into your enemy, their main use is to use them while standing on a downed enemy, removes the manacles and increases stun a lot.  However, high stun has a chance of just damaging the target, eventually killing them, so it's risky.

Incidentally, you using a phone to post? Cause I remember you being better at spelling  ;)

I think it might be interesting if these "weapons" may be used in both modes - standin up in battlescaoe and in the inventory screen - with the difference that manacles should endure more. And yes,  more typos are in my posts increase the chance that i'm using a phone ☺

Edit: by "in battlescape" i meant like the option to execute uncontious enemies, works, but unlike the "coupe de grace" the option to display may be "tie the enemy"  for holding the rope and "chain the enemy" while handling the manacles ☺ just myb2'cents as usual ☺ like here.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 06:24:26 pm by niculinux »