aliens

Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 141772 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
I've edited id: STR_TECH_COMM on ufopedia.rul from type_id: 10 to 7 without any issue, the same happens when I change id: STR_RESISTANCE_ORDER_1

The most likely issue is that your new images have issues with the palette or its size and can't be loaded, thus causing the segmentation error when the game tries to use them

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:01:06 pm by Hobbes »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
The issue is that you have the same article defined twice with different type_id, once 10 and once 7.

As 7 in ufopaedia_TechCom.rul
As 10 in ufopaedia_TechCom - backup.rul

Delete one of them (the backup?) and it will work.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
The issue is that you have the same article defined twice with different type_id, once 10 and once 7.

As 7 in ufopaedia_TechCom.rul
As 10 in ufopaedia_TechCom - backup.rul

Delete one of them (the backup?) and it will work.

Many thanks! It worked. I didn't ever imagine that's the problem. I always have a backup of everthing I edit, if everything goes wrong, always go back.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Just put backup somewhere else... or rename it to .bak or something... otherwise your backup counts as normal ruleset... and will cause issues, in worst cases crash like this.

PS: you may want to remove your attachment now... 70 MB less on the internet makes a difference :P

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Just put backup somewhere else... or rename it to .bak or something... otherwise your backup counts as normal ruleset... and will cause issues, in worst cases crash like this.

PS: you may want to remove your attachment now... 70 MB less on the internet makes a difference :P

Yes, I'll save in another place. Thank you, again.
70 MB less form the internet. ;D

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Hobbes, I’ve managed to extract the SFX files from various terminator PS2 games if of any interest?

There is quite a lot of files mind :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hobbes, I’ve managed to extract the SFX files from various terminator PS2 games if of any interest?

There is quite a lot of files mind :)

Could you post the names of the games? I'll check them online to see if the images might be of use

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Hi Hobbes,

I managed to get files from:

Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Terminator: Rise of the Machines
Terminator: Redemption

Let me know if want anything :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hi Hobbes,

I managed to get files from:

Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Terminator: Rise of the Machines
Terminator: Redemption

Let me know if want anything :)

Just had a look but those images are too detailed and 3D to be used as sprites. Thanks anyway :)

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Sorry I meant SFX as in sound files :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Sorry I meant SFX as in sound files :)

My mistake as well. Music files aren't necessary at the moment since we already have a soundtrack taken from the movies. But sound effects (guns firing, etc.) might be useful

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello there!

Finally I was able to finish the images of the Intelpedia. Well, actually they were already done, but I could finally correct them. I have included several versions, so you can choose the one you think is most convenient, Hobbes. In my personal opinion, some of the images paletted with IrfanView have better quality than PhotoShop. I hope you can include them in v0.31! I'll wait for you to finish modifying the Geoscape to finish the images of sector reports.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:37:29 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello there!

Finally I was able to finish the images of the Intelpedia. Well, actually they were already done, but I could finally correct them. I have included several versions, so you can choose the one you think is most convenient, Hobbes. In my personal opinion, some of the images paletted with IrfanView have better quality than PhotoShop. I hope you can include them in v0.31! I'll wait for you to finish modifying the Geoscape to finish the images of sector reports.

Cheers!

Thank you! They look really nice, I need to make my mind about which ones to use now ;)

I'll update a new version later... I'm a bit busy right now

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Thank you! They look really nice, I need to make my mind about which ones to use now ;)

I'll update a new version later... I'm a bit busy right now

I'm glad you like them!  :D

Take your time, Hobbes.  ;) v0.31 will be something great!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Take your time, Hobbes.  ;) v0.31 will be something great!

I made the mistake of buying the Battletech game (I was a huge fan 20 years ago of the series) and now I'm completely hooked into driving giant mechs for money.

It will pass eventually ;)