Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 139654 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
hey man , just played a bit your mod , i made a base defense on first month so i will report some bug´s and some nitpick even i know it´s WIP :P
-terminators  enemy on top of hangar´s don´t move , so i was trying to find then (used debug mode) , we need stair to roof of all facility's
-hangar floor when destroyed are unpassable (picture in attach)
-destroyed hangar floor, terminator fall to basement with no access (picture in attach)

some nitpicks
- resistance fights don´t leave their facility, they are kind of useless (but again, not a bug it´s hard to make the do anything in other mod´s)
- HQ´s facility is a slaughterhouse for my man 1st turn , not a fortify position, the all get pickup by the windows, you get points for the horror feeling , every soldier starts panicking, even me (again not a bug it´s even like the movies)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
hey man , just played a bit your mod , i made a base defense on first month so i will report some bug´s and some nitpick even i know it´s WIP :P
-terminators  enemy on top of hangar´s don´t move , so i was trying to find then (used debug mode) , we need stair to roof of all facility's
-hangar floor when destroyed are unpassable (picture in attach)
-destroyed hangar floor, terminator fall to basement with no access (picture in attach)

some nitpicks
- resistance fights don´t leave their facility, they are kind of useless (but again, not a bug it´s hard to make the do anything in other mod´s)
- HQ´s facility is a slaughterhouse for my man 1st turn , not a fortify position, the all get pickup by the windows, you get points for the horror feeling , every soldier starts panicking, even me (again not a bug it´s even like the movies)

Thanks!

I'll fix those issues with the Tech-Comm base terrain.

About the Resistance fighters, I've just checked and they all had their aggression value set to 0, so them holding out at a facility makes sense, I've just changed that.

About HQ, that's why the improved facilities (Stores, Living) are underground ;)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Com - alpha version released!
« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2018, 09:46:54 pm »
One feature I asked already to Meridian was if it would be possible to sort the Personnel list by pilots/non-pilots, to more easily find them. Would that help?

In next version it will be possible to sort soldiers by soldier type.
Each soldier type has a listOrder (by default 1,2,3,4,...), which can be overridden by the modder.

Code: [Select]
soldiers:
  - type: STR_SOLDIER
    listOrder: 42
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:48:35 pm by Meridian »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Com - alpha version released!
« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2018, 04:45:31 am »
In next version it will be possible to sort soldiers by soldier type.
Each soldier type has a listOrder (by default 1,2,3,4,...), which can be overridden by the modder.

Code: [Select]
soldiers:
  - type: STR_SOLDIER
    listOrder: 42

Many thanks again Meridian :)

There will be also an additional change brought by the next version of OXCE that I have requested: radar ranges of interceptor HKs will not be displayed anymore. This will be made optional for vanilla, but for Tech-Comm I'll have it locked.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello all,

First, here's a link to download the latest version of OXCE+: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//ExtendedPlus/Extended+-3.10a-632549f-2018-05-09-win32.7z

Second, I've restarted work on this mod, will release a new version in the next days.

A couple of images:

In addition to the new backgrounds made by efrenespartano, I'm also doing more work on Geoscape by reducing the number of world textures and I've started to implement manufacturing and solve the issue of craft availability during the game.

Researching/acquiring/manufacturing craft will be one of the main efforts of Tech-Comm and the system I've came up with the following ideas:
* Starting craft on the base will be mainly high-tech models (Warthog, Prowler, Osprey)
* You can purchase some crafts but they'll arrive inoperable since they were recovered from crash sites, etc., and you'll need to have your engineers repair them in a Hangar (new 3x3 base facility) before you can use them
* To manufacture craft from zero you'll need to acquire either blueprints or prototypes from research/missions. You'll start with some blueprints of low tech craft
* Repairing/manufacturing craft will require supplies and, in some cases, materials that can only be recovered from HK crash sites (electronics, engines, etc.)
* Repaired/Manufactured craft can be sold back to the Resistance with a profit margin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:20:56 am by Hobbes »

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
So a call out to any budding sprite artists out there ...

I had commissioned a sprite for this mod but gave the wrong dimensions to the artist ... doh! Also have used up my revisions to get it corrected.

Posting here in case any of you feel up to the challenge ... feel free to use if you want to :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
So a call out to any budding sprite artists out there ...

I had commissioned a sprite for this mod but gave the wrong dimensions to the artist ... doh! Also have used up my revisions to get it corrected.

Posting here in case any of you feel up to the challenge ... feel free to use if you want to :)

Very nice!

All we need now is the UFOPaedia, inventory, BigOb and FloorOb images, but I'll definitely add these sprites in the near future.

Thank you! :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:12:02 am by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Hello all,

Second, I've restarted work on this mod, will release a new version in the next days.

YEEEEEAH! New update. ;D

In addition to the new backgrounds made by efrenespartano, I'm also doing more work on Geoscape by reducing the number of world textures and I've started to implement manufacturing and solve the issue of craft availability during the game.

Haha It's nice to see the backgrounds finally working.

Researching/acquiring/manufacturing craft will be one of the main efforts of Tech-Comm and the system I've came up with the following ideas:
* Starting craft on the base will be mainly high-tech models (Warthog, Prowler, Osprey)

How about to have some high tier missiles at the beginning, like HARMs, AMRAAMs. Let's say 10 of each type. But make them very scarce, so the player must launch missions to armories and/or air bases to recover more. The Resistance could still supply low tier missiles, like Sidewinders, Sparrows or Standards, but they could be less useful against the ECM of the HKs.

* You can purchase some crafts but they'll arrive inoperable since they were recovered from crash sites, etc., and you'll need to have your engineers repair them in a Hangar (new 3x3 base facility) before you can use them
* To manufacture craft from zero you'll need to acquire either blueprints or prototypes from research/missions. You'll start with some blueprints of low tech craft
* Repairing/manufacturing craft will require supplies and, in some cases, materials that can only be recovered from HK crash sites (electronics, engines, etc.)
* Repaired/Manufactured craft can be sold back to the Resistance with a profit margin

I like this new ideas. Very awesome. Very creative. Great job, comrade.

I'm so sorry about the delay with the Intelpedia pages. I've been very busy with my final exams and a thesis, I'm about to finish the semester :( I hope I can finish the images this weekend, so you can add them to v0.31. :D

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:35:18 am by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
How about to have some high tier missiles at the beginning, like HARMs, AMRAAMs. Let's say 10 of each type. But make them very scarce, so the player must launch missions to armories and/or air bases to recover more. The Resistance could still supply low tier missiles, like Sidewinders, Sparrows or Standards, but they could be less useful against the ECM of the HKs.

That's almost the same idea I have for craft weapons - the only difference is that you can't buy any missiles from the Resistance since you'll need to research and manufacture them yourself

Basically the purchase market will be limited to: craft cannons, personal weapons and equipment and soldiers - everything else has to be recovered/manufactured

I like this new ideas. Very awesome. Very creative. Great job, comrade.

There are several more things coming, this is a list:
* Pilots can't be recruited anymore but need to be trained using technicians, and the base  needs to have a training station and a hangar to enable pilot training there
* Training Stations also allow for soldiers to train their stats
* Hangars allow for 5 craft
* To manufacture craft you'll need to have either a Hangar or a Tech Station in your base
* The larger and more advanced stations (Defense, Tech, Comm) will also require to build Power Station facility in the base

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
New code I'm writing (if Meridian approves it) would allow you to train soldiers directly into pilots, no manufacturing required.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
New code I'm writing (if Meridian approves it) would allow you to train soldiers directly into pilots, no manufacturing required.

Pilot training being a manufacturing project isn't an issue, but it would be better as you described. I don't suppose it would also be possible to train scientists/engineers from soldiers?

Or even... soldiers that can both go in combat missions or perform research/manufacture?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
No, that's too much of a code change, one Meridian doesn't want to consider.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
That's almost the same idea I have for craft weapons - the only difference is that you can't buy any missiles from the Resistance since you'll need to research and manufacture them yourself

Basically the purchase market will be limited to: craft cannons, personal weapons and equipment and soldiers - everything else has to be recovered/manufactured

Oh, boy. Sounds like the missiles will be a very valuable resource. Advanced cannons will need some research? Maybe you could make purchasable the Stingers, like a very low tier missile. Basically, they are modified versions of the shoulder-launched FIM-92. I guess the Resistance could have many of them and could equip Tech-Comm with some.

There are several more things coming, this is a list:
* Hangars allow for 5 craft

Additional to Shelters? So I can have 5 planes in Hangar plus 2 in Shelters? I mean, it's awesome to have more room for aircrafts. The more, the better.

* To manufacture craft you'll need to have either a Hangar or a Tech Station in your base
* The larger and more advanced stations (Defense, Tech, Comm) will also require to build Power Station facility in the base

GREAT! Some RTS-ish elements. Tech and Comm are necesary to do research, does this mean that we can't start investigating from the beginning?

Sounds logical, comrade. Something like Psi Training? I hope Meridian like it.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello everybody!

I have been having some unknown difficulties regarding the type_id of the UFOpedia. I spend all the night trying to replace the images I created a few weeks ago (which all use type_id: 10) with type_id: 7, which is a more conventional version of UFOpedia. I used the Tech-Comm ruleset itself (the Sector Reports entries) and the X-Com Files as a reference, I literally copied its type_id and text_width from both. But I have an unknown error every time I try to open the page, a Segmentation error. Attached in a .rar both openxcom.log, the "good" and the "wrong" an image that I am testing, as well as the testing ruleset of Tech-Comm's Ufopedia.

The screenshots I'm attaching to are explain the problem a little bit.  I hope you can help, otherwise, I'll adapt all the images I have created to the type_id format: 10 (both palettes and logos and other details).  :(

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Please upload the entire mod (in its crashing form).

PS: type: 10 is for TFTD, you most likely don't want to use that...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 03:58:10 pm by Meridian »