aliens

Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 139680 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - updated to version 0.28
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2018, 01:03:11 am »

And a little update...

efrenespartano's updated craft sprites have been added and are looking great, but it will still be a couple of days before I release a new version, but it will contain several major additions, including the whole Earth being playable and the strategic level will definitely look different.

Did you say a couple of days? Great, then I can complete the remaining sprites, so you can add them to v0.29.

Here's a little teaser of what's to come.

These will be Sector comm reports. At start you'll have 1 for each sector, in a total of 23,  that you can research to get tips on the areas more likely to encounter HK activity on the sector.

Awesome! That will be super useful! And will add some backstory about the global effort in the War Against the Machines. I like it.

By the way, what are the red dots in the Geoscape? Cities? Refugee camps?

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2018, 01:08:44 am »
By the way, what are the red dots in the Geoscape? Cities? Refugee camps?

City ruins, most of them nuked during Judgment Day or devastated afterwards by the fighting against the machines. But the ruins are also very useful for humans and the resistance to hide in them from Skynet.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2018, 01:13:21 am »
City ruins, most of them nuked during Judgment Day or devastated afterwards by the fighting against the machines. But the ruins are also very useful for humans and the resistance to hide in them from Skynet.
Oh, I see. They are any missions in those cities?

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2018, 12:04:25 pm »
Hello there!

I've completed another part of the sprites, this time all of interwin images. Now we can see against what we are fighting!
Includes all of the HKs, even those who aren't implemented yet (T-70x Aerial HKs), and even the HK-Tank.  ;)

I'm rushing to complete the remaining sprites before the update v0.29.  ;D

I've attached a screenshot of two of my dogfights, check the new HKs images (one fighter and one scout, the darker one is an upgraded scout)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:57:24 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2018, 10:59:09 pm »
Oh, I see. They are any missions in those cities?

Yes, Skynet will send missions against targets located on those cities, like civilians or resistance forces.

Hello there!

I've completed another part of the sprites, this time all of interwin images. Now we can see against what we are fighting!
Includes all of the HKs, even those who aren't implemented yet (T-70x Aerial HKs), and even the HK-Tank.  ;)

I'm rushing to complete the remaining sprites before the update v0.29.  ;D

Very nice, now I'd only wish that the sprites on the tactical missions looked the same.

Did you get those images from any particular site?

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2018, 11:05:25 pm »
Yes, Skynet will send missions against targets located on those cities, like civilians or resistance forces.
Oh, just like a Terror Site!

Very nice, now I'd only wish that the sprites on the tactical missions looked the same.

Did you get those images from any particular site?

Negative, I've found them searching on Google "HK Aerial", then I choose the ones I'll need. It was a little more difficult than the crafts of the weapons, 'cause they aren't many HK models.

The models are from T2, T:Salvation, T:SCC and T:Genysis

Why?

EDIT: I've corrected a few Intelpedia images of the craft weapons, I switch them for other ones with better quality. Also, I've started to do the inticon/basebits, I hope to upload them tomorrow.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:45:52 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2018, 05:59:35 pm »
Negative, I've found them searching on Google "HK Aerial", then I choose the ones I'll need. It was a little more difficult than the crafts of the weapons, 'cause they aren't many HK models.

The models are from T2, T:Salvation, T:SCC and T:Genysis

Why?

To properly credit the original authors, and/or if necessary ask for permission to use them in the mod. There are a lot of fan images around the internet and I don't like to steal other people's work.

If your models were based directly on the HKs found in the movies, then it's not necessary ;)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2018, 06:21:07 pm »
To properly credit the original authors, and/or if necessary ask for permission to use them in the mod. There are a lot of fan images around the internet and I don't like to steal other people's work.

If your models were based directly on the HKs found in the movies, then it's not necessary ;)

Ok, I'll check that.
If necessary, I will do a readme to credit the authors.

EDIT: Actually, Hobbes, you were right. I made a readme with all of the credits I can find. And I found something interesting. One of the guys who made the images I've used, actually work with the team who made Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genisys. He made some artwork, and I like it very much. I think we can use his work (I dunno if we need to ask him first) for the images of the Intelpedia. Even for some HWPs ('Cause they are some art about technicals and jeeps).

http://www.victor-martinez.com/terminator-genisys/ygqgmc4g9uqgsk96v3nq92sim9rdu4

This is the link, please check it out and tell me what do you think.

I've attached a little rar with a new set of Intelpedia images (better quality, of course) and the readme.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:13:34 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2018, 11:26:38 pm »
Ok, I'll check that.
If necessary, I will do a readme to credit the authors.

EDIT: Actually, Hobbes, you were right. I made a readme with all of the credits I can find. And I found something interesting. One of the guys who made the images I've used, actually work with the team who made Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genisys. He made some artwork, and I like it very much. I think we can use his work (I dunno if we need to ask him first) for the images of the Intelpedia. Even for some HWPs ('Cause they are some art about technicals and jeeps).

http://www.victor-martinez.com/terminator-genisys/ygqgmc4g9uqgsk96v3nq92sim9rdu4

This is the link, please check it out and tell me what do you think.

I've attached a little rar with a new set of Intelpedia images (better quality, of course) and the readme.

That site really has some awesome images, thanks for the link.

Just added your more recent images and they're looking pretty good. I've been working to finish the regions, been taking longer than expected but I should release 0.29 in the next days.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2018, 12:32:44 am »

That site really has some awesome images, thanks for the link.

Just added your more recent images and they're looking pretty good. I've been working to finish the regions, been taking longer than expected but I should release 0.29 in the next days.

You're welcome! :)
I will download some of the pics of Victor Martinez and convert them, so you can use them for the Tech-Comm and Skynet pages of the Intelpedia.

And of course, I'll credit him. ;D

With the backgrounds created by MKSheppard and the ones I will made, you can add some pages for backstory both for the Resistance and the Machines. If you like, I can help with some writting too!

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2018, 01:19:00 am »
Been lurking on the forums for a while as job keeping me busy to commit to any further modding :(

As a reminder to any of you budding new (and old) sprite artists, I posted some possible stuff that could be adapted in the resources section a while back.

Hobbes, great work on this so far - come along way since the conceptual stuff I read a while back!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2018, 02:40:33 am »
You're welcome! :)
I will download some of the pics of Victor Martinez and convert them, so you can use them for the Tech-Comm and Skynet pages of the Intelpedia.

And of course, I'll credit him. ;D

With the backgrounds created by MKSheppard and the ones I will made, you can add some pages for backstory both for the Resistance and the Machines. If you like, I can help with some writting too!

Better to ask permission first - likely his answer will be that the images are copyrighted to the Terminator franchise owners since they paid for his work.

I didn't add MKSheppard backgrounds because I have no idea who to credit.

If you'd like to help with writing, what I'd need right now would be for a single paragraph description of each sector to use in their Intelpedia articles.

Been lurking on the forums for a while as job keeping me busy to commit to any further modding :(

As a reminder to any of you budding new (and old) sprite artists, I posted some possible stuff that could be adapted in the resources section a while back.

Hobbes, great work on this so far - come along way since the conceptual stuff I read a while back!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2018, 04:29:31 am »

Better to ask permission first - likely his answer will be that the images are copyrighted to the Terminator franchise owners since they paid for his work.

I understand, first I will contact him and ask him for permission to use his images. I hope he accept, it's artwork would be a great addition to the mod.

If you'd like to help with writing, what I'd need right now would be for a single paragraph description of each sector to use in their Intelpedia articles.

All right! But to be ready to work, it would be good to be on the same topic as you. Do you have any reference, any doc or story to use it for the background story? I know you based most of this mod in the forum of Christopher Shields, this work is amazing. But, do you have another reference?

This is, to have congruence about what I will write and your general vision of the mod. There is not much information about what happens in the rest of the world. I think some book refers to a version of Russian Skynet, but nothing else.

Haha I mean, I don't want to write "Mexico was busy doing tacos while the rest of the world burn in flames" (Yes, in Mexico we love tacos), because this obviously will go against the lore and the thematic of Tech-Comm.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2018, 04:45:13 am »
All right! But to be ready to work, it would be good to be on the same topic as you. Do you have any reference, any doc or story to use it for the background story? I know you based most of this mod in the forum of Christopher Shields, this work is amazing. But, do you have another reference?

I'm not using any specific reference - I love Christopher Shield's site and his descriptions of the tech, weapons, etc., but I've steered clear of using any of the historical events he describes, and I'm just creating stuff as it is needed, like the Graveyard Airforce.

This is, to have congruence about what I will write and your general vision of the mod. There is not much information about what happens in the rest of the world. I think some book refers to a version of Russian Skynet, but nothing else.

I have another thing in mind regarding Russian AIs, called 'Death Hand' or 'Perimeter' system, but this will be a part of the storyline, so it won't be revealed in the sector reports.

I have a lot of ideas about the general universe, but I haven't written them all down. There's some info in the intro (which is currently a visual mess) but tomorrow I'll compile it all in a document and share it with you.

Haha I mean, I don't want to write "Mexico was busy doing tacos while the rest of the world burn in flames" (Yes, in Mexico we love tacos), because this obviously will go against the lore and the thematic of Tech-Comm.

I like tamales even better ;)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2018, 05:17:23 am »

I'm not using any specific reference - I love Christopher Shield's site and his descriptions of the tech, weapons, etc., but I've steered clear of using any of the historical events he describes, and I'm just creating stuff as it is needed, like the Graveyard Airforce.

Well, that gives you some creative freedom! That's the good thing about the Terminator saga. The future can be changed. Even you put it in the mod! The save games are "timelines".

I have another thing in mind regarding Russian AIs, called 'Death Hand' or 'Perimeter' system, but this will be a part of the storyline, so it won't be revealed in the sector reports.

Hey, that's the name of the fourth difficulty! :D I understand why "Maginot" and "Great Wall", they were impenetrable fortresses. But, why "Astra"? It's any type of AI?

I have a lot of ideas about the general universe, but I haven't written them all down. There's some info in the intro (which is currently a visual mess) but tomorrow I'll compile it all in a document and share it with you.

THAT will be super useful! Thank you!

I like tamales even better ;)

Then you will love to be here on Febraury, 2nd. It's the " Day of the Candelaria", when we eat tamales and drink atole all of the day. ;D