Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 139689 times)

Offline Gordonmull

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - updated to version 0.27
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2018, 02:29:56 am »
I've had a quick look over the UFOpaedia articles. They are in weird categories... I assume this is in preparation for how things will be categorised in the future? Apart from that, little to report. A very few typos but I'll no bother you with those the now. Will get stuck into the new update properly soon.

Base is looking nice in base view and efrenespartano's base sprites are also livening things up from the word go.

It looks that the result you're after would be to allow for a bigger mission rate to craft, by allowing damaged craft to be simply refueled and rearmed before being launched again. Which I already considered before, but here damage helps with having a reason to speed the Geoscape, otherwise fights could last for days (they already can, if crafts take no damage during engagements).

Yes. I don't see why I wouldn't realistically throw a craft out into the fray again if it was serviceable. I take it there's no way to halt a launch if a craft is below a certain amount of damage? E.g. can't launch after 75% damage. I just think with the feel of the scenario that most aircraft fielded by the resistance would be buckets of junk anyway. Yet we will definitely not allow a bucket of junk to be airbourne if its damaged? Even if we are under attack? I hear you on the time compression but I for one would be a bit antsy about sending up seriously damaged craft against HKs and therefore would wind the clock on anyway if I thought too much damage had been sustained. In other words, letting the payer decide whether to take the risk or not. Just my thoughts, though, it's your mod  :D The new pace might well change my mind anyway!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - updated to version 0.28
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2018, 05:49:01 am »
Tech-Comm Alpha updated - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ayeqcuvo3chilv4/TechComAlpha.zip

List of changes (v0.28):
* Intelpedia reorganization

I'm going to fix the wrong colors. Oh, those damm wrong colors. xD Do you add the corrected versions of the first planes that I send?

I think so, but please do check - I'not not entirely sure if I might have missed something.

I've had a quick look over the UFOpaedia articles. They are in weird categories... I assume this is in preparation for how things will be categorised in the future? Apart from that, little to report. A very few typos but I'll no bother you with those the now. Will get stuck into the new update properly soon.

I did a clean-up of the Intelpedia in the past days. There are still a few missing articles for some sections (Tech-Comm and Skynet) but this is pretty much how it will look upon start.

Yes. I don't see why I wouldn't realistically throw a craft out into the fray again if it was serviceable. I take it there's no way to halt a launch if a craft is below a certain amount of damage? E.g. can't launch after 75% damage. I just think with the feel of the scenario that most aircraft fielded by the resistance would be buckets of junk anyway. Yet we will definitely not allow a bucket of junk to be airbourne if its damaged? Even if we are under attack? I hear you on the time compression but I for one would be a bit antsy about sending up seriously damaged craft against HKs and therefore would wind the clock on anyway if I thought too much damage had been sustained. In other words, letting the payer decide whether to take the risk or not. Just my thoughts, though, it's your mod  :D The new pace might well change my mind anyway!

One argument regarding serviceable is that a damaged craft being sent again to the air without a proper assessment of the damage can turn it into a deathtrap for the pilot. And even minor fuselage damage could eventually turn into problems with the hydraulic system, etc. And the Warthog was built to actually have a lot of redundancies on all systems to allow it to return to base with heavy damage, but none of the other craft were designed this way.  The other is both the scarcity of pilots/crafts when compared to Skynet's fleets of HKs - would it be worth for a commander to send a damaged craft just to ensure a kill or save a transport and risk losing even more, and risking worse odds than if the craft was undamaged?

But realistic arguments aside, this will require changes to OXCE+ that I can't implement, so Meridian will have to do its magic. I'll ask him, although at this point I already have some other requests planned.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:51:08 am by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2018, 06:08:55 am »

Base is looking nice in base view and efrenespartano's base sprites are also livening things up from the word go.

Thank you! I'm glad that you liked the sprites. ;D

Tech-Comm Alpha updated

I think so, but please do check - I'not not entirely sure if I might have missed something.

Yes, I'll check them. Now that you taught me how to fix the palettes, I'm going to try to conduct tests by myself before send them to you. :)

But realistic arguments aside, this will require changes to OXCE+ that I can't implement, so Meridian will have to do its magic. I'll ask him, although at this point I already have some other requests planned.

I hope that means Ground/Tracked HKs!. I have no idea how they are going to be, but I'm excited about doing attack runs against Ground HKs using A-10s.

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2018, 04:31:25 pm »
I hope that means Ground/Tracked HKs!. I have no idea how they are going to be, but I'm excited about doing attack runs against Ground HKs using A-10s.

There are already HK Convoys, which move between bases at the same speed as a land vehicle and can be attacked by A-10s. But there are no sprites for the tactical combat and the convoys don't have much regarding defense.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2018, 05:06:33 pm »

There are already HK Convoys, which move between bases at the same speed as a land vehicle and can be attacked by A-10s. But there are no sprites for the tactical combat and the convoys don't have much regarding defense.

If I'm not wrong, you have planned to add turrets to this Ground HKs, right?

Could be possible to add AGMs or aviation bombs? Something like the Hellfire or GBU-type bombs, because I don't think the Sidewinders would be useful attacking ground targets.

Ah, another thing. How do work the HARM missiles? They work as in the real life, blocking the enemy's radar? Because I'm going to start equiping my Prowlers with HARMs.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2018, 05:35:45 pm »

If I'm not wrong, you have planned to add turrets to this Ground HKs, right?

Yes, and to the aerial HKs as well. I've already looked into turrets but hadn't had time to start implementing it.

Could be possible to add AGMs or aviation bombs? Something like the Hellfire or GBU-type bombs, because I don't think the Sidewinders would be useful attacking ground targets.

I've already considered adding air-to-ground weapons, but this would require major changes to the engine, plus if Convoys can be attacked then why not bombard Skynet bases from the air before assaulting them? But this would mean even more changes...

As for Sidewinders being used in an anti-tank role...

AIM-9X Sidewinder demonstrates Air-To-Surface capability

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/18955/iran-claims-it-turned-a-sidewinder-into-a-new-anti-tank-and-anti-aircraft-missile

Ah, another thing. How do work the HARM missiles? They work as in the real life, blocking the enemy's radar? Because I'm going to start equiping my Prowlers with HARMs.

HARMs and Standard work by locking into any radar emitters in a certain area. You detect the radar emissions, then fire the missile which guides itself to the target. I added them for planes without any radar (i.e. Warthog) to be able to use long-range missiles, which usually require a radar to guide the missile to the target, like the Sparrow or the AMRAAM.

While HARMs and Standards aren't usually used against craft (but they can work - during Desert Storm a B-52 was hit by a HARM that had locked into its tail radar during a friendly fire incident) there are specific air to air missiles designed using the same principle, like the Russian R-27EP, which are designed to be fired against radar craft like the Tracer and the Hawkeye.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:39:23 pm by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2018, 06:47:14 pm »
Yes, and to the aerial HKs as well. I've already looked into turrets but hadn't had time to start implementing it.

That's something I would like to see. I suppouse this turrets will be destructible as the terrain tiles.

I've already considered adding air-to-ground weapons, but this would require major changes to the engine, plus if Convoys can be attacked then why not bombard Skynet bases from the air before assaulting them? But this would mean even more changes...

Well, the Convoys are basically a slow HK, so it could be applied the normal rules of dogfights. I was thinking about some kind of "flag" in the ruleset, making the ground HKs only targeteable by weapons with this "only attack ground" flag. So, you need to use Hellfires, GBUs to make the most damage to ground HKs, but some weapons could be still used for air-to-air and air-to-ground, like the Hydras, the HARMS, Sidewinders and the guns, of course.

As for Sidewinders being used in an anti-tank role...

Wow, I did't knew that! :0

HARMs and Standard work by locking into any radar emitters in a certain area. You detect the radar emissions, then fire the missile which guides itself to the target.

Yes, I just google it. The EA-6B Prowlers used HARMs to hunt SAMs during the Kosovo War. I wrongly tought the HARMs and Standarts blocked the radar, not locked, like they do.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 07:00:12 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2018, 10:35:26 pm »
Well, the Convoys are basically a slow HK, so it could be applied the normal rules of dogfights. I was thinking about some kind of "flag" in the ruleset, making the ground HKs only targeteable by weapons with this "only attack ground" flag. So, you need to use Hellfires, GBUs to make the most damage to ground HKs, but some weapons could be still used for air-to-air and air-to-ground, like the Hydras, the HARMS, Sidewinders and the guns, of course.

This wouldn't work exactly as you described, because the Convoy HKs are actually flying at a low altitude (they can't move if landed) but this flag idea might be nice for something similar to work.

There are also other ideas that I'll be exploring later regarding the air war:
* Stealth planes (radar detection by Tech-Comm is reduced for that single craft)
* Electronic warfare planes (radar detection by HKs is reduced for any friendly craft in a radius around the EW plane)
* Skynet missile attacks - there's already a Resistance mission where you need to destroy a Skynet missile base, and here the idea is that if you don't immediately destroy those bases when they become active, you risk them eventually shooting a nuclear missile that will automatically destroy any nearby Tech-Comm base.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2018, 03:59:49 pm »
This wouldn't work exactly as you described, because the Convoy HKs are actually flying at a low altitude (they can't move if landed) but this flag idea might be nice for something similar to work.

Oh, I forget that. D: I tought they were tracked.

There are also other ideas that I'll be exploring later regarding the air war:
* Stealth planes (radar detection by Tech-Comm is reduced for that single craft)
* Electronic warfare planes (radar detection by HKs is reduced for any friendly craft in a radius around the EW plane)

Well, lucky of us we have an aircraft that does exactly that: EA-6B Prowler. :D
It's great to see one of my favorite planes flying with the Resistance.

How to counter the Stealth HKs? Enhanced sensors/radars?

* Skynet missile attacks - there's already a Resistance mission where you need to destroy a Skynet missile base, and here the idea is that if you don't immediately destroy those bases when they become active, you risk them eventually shooting a nuclear missile that will automatically destroy any nearby Tech-Comm base.

I like the idea.

Talking about the base air attacks, I would be awesome, but a lot of changes will be needed.

Offline Human Ktulu

• Colonel
  • Cuistre !
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2018, 12:14:22 am »
Hey ! For cool mod, cool soundtracks from T1 & T2 ost..

link deleted

Not perfect but better than ugly Dune ost.

Have fun ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 09:30:12 pm by Human Ktulu »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2018, 10:55:53 am »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SlKhm0knmCgQ-Ltdma7ScuHMGehbMvhk

Have fun ;)
Hey, sounds good! I'll try it in my game. Thanks for sharing! :D

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2018, 05:14:45 pm »
How to counter the Stealth HKs? Enhanced sensors/radars?

Haven't thought about that part yet :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SlKhm0knmCgQ-Ltdma7ScuHMGehbMvhk

Have fun ;)

Been listening to this since yesterday, and definitely an improvement. Thanks!

Offline Human Ktulu

• Colonel
  • Cuistre !
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2018, 08:02:49 pm »
Happy that you like, there is surely way to have better. For exemple it's maybe better if you exchange gmgeo3.ogg with gmtactic7.ogg.

Here the list of soundtrack used : Link deleted

- gmdefend : T2 / I'll Be Back (02:20 - 04:00)
- gmenbase : T2 / I'll Be Back (00:00 - 00:16)
- gmgeo1 : T1 / Tech Noir - Alley Chase (01:50 - 02:50)
- gmgeo2 : T1 / Police Station - Escape From Police Station (03:00 - end)
- gmgeo3 (old gmtactic7) : T1 / Police Station - Escape From Police Station (00:00 - 02:20)
- gmgeo4 : T1 / Future Flashback - Terminator Infiltration (00:00 - 02:30)
- gminter : T1 / Gun Shop - Reese In Alley (full track)
- gmlose : T2 / I'll Be Back (00:16 - 02:20)
- gmmars : T4 / Theme (full)
- gmnewmar : T1 / Death By Fire - Terminator Gets Up (02:10 - End)
- gmstory : T2 / Trust Me (full)
- gmtactic : T2 / Tankerchase (full)
- gmtactic2 : T1 / Reese Chased (full)
- gmtactic3 : T1 / Garage Chase (04:30 - end)
- gmtactic4 : T1 / Tunnel Chase (00:40 - end)
- gmtactic5 : T2 / Escape From The Hospital And T1000 (full)
- gmtactic6 : T1 / The Terminator`s Arrival (01:30 - 03:30)
- gmtactic7 (old gmgeo3) : T1 / The Terminator`s Arrival (00:30 - 01:30)
- gmwin : T2 / Theme (full)

Hasta la vista baby 8)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 09:31:18 pm by Human Ktulu »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2018, 08:16:12 pm »
I've kept the 'Main Title From Terminator 2" as gmgeo5 since I've grown used to it :)

Also, the gmnewmar appears named on media player as the Dune track 'Trip to Arrakis'

If it's OK with you, I'll remove the old tracks from the \SOUNDS folder of the download and just put a link on the first post of this thread to your music.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2018, 08:22:26 pm »
This is a pic of current WIP regarding the next feature: the fight against Skynet is about to become global.

North America, South America, Europe and Africa's borders are already done, Asia will be next.