Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 139685 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
I made the mistake of buying the Battletech game (I was a huge fan 20 years ago of the series) and now I'm completely hooked into driving giant mechs for money.

It will pass eventually ;)
Haha yeah, priorities first. ;D

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Hi all, found 2 bugs.

Also is there a way to get the bad guys down from the roofs other than tossing grenades at them or shooting the roofs under them?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Hi all, found 2 bugs.

Also is there a way to get the bad guys down from the roofs other than tossing grenades at them or shooting the roofs under them?

Hey there, will have a look at them later, thanks :)

There will be stairs in the future, the Tech-Comm base terrain is still being developed

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
OK, I finally have time to get back to this mod and implement more features. Here'a a little preview of what should be included in version 0.31:

* More terrains for Skynet Interdiction (terror) missions
* Implementation of Resistance missions - Recovery, Destroy and Extraction
* Sector Reports will become the main steps for research and winning the game:
** Once you complete researching a sector report you'll receive a map containing information about the possible locations of Skynet bases on that sector
** You'll also unlock one Resistance mission on that sector that is activated on the next month with a 30 day timer to complete it
** Completing those missions give you the possibility of recovering Skynet tech for your own uses
** Sector reports can only be unlocked by assaulting HK Bases and other Skynet facilities present on Geoscape

All of these features will not be fully implemented because they require the Skynet Base terrain, which it's still on design phase, and the new Geoscape that is being designed by SophiaThe3rd. But this will basically be the skeleton for the rest :)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
It's nice to hear some news of Tech-Comm! I can't wait for v0.31

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Skynet goes global - version 0.30 released
« Reply #260 on: September 04, 2018, 10:50:27 pm »
Hello there!

Any news about the new release of Tech-Comm?

BTW, I've found some models in the Internet than seems very similar of HK-Drones, T-1 Terminators and Technical truck (this last one, as a support vehicle for Tech-Comm/Resistance forces) that I would like to incorporate in Tech-Comm.
 I'm attaching an example of these models. Of course, I will cut them and adapt them for the game. Can I? It is possible to incorporate in the main mod or just a separate download?

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Skynet goes global - version 0.30 released
« Reply #261 on: September 05, 2018, 02:46:31 am »
Hello there!

BTW, I've found some models in the Internet than seems very similar of HK-Drones, T-1 Terminators and Technical truck (this last one, as a support vehicle for Tech-Comm/Resistance forces) that I would like to incorporate in Tech-Comm.
 I'm attaching an example of these models. Of course, I will cut them and adapt them for the game. Can I? It is possible to incorporate in the main mod or just a separate download?

Ive already converted the middle one into a HWP spritesheet in another post of mine, can’t search for it as have limited internet.

Looks like you found the same CnC resource I did for sprites and voxels.  Unfortunately some of them don’t convert very well.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 05, 2018, 02:57:12 am »
Ive already converted the middle one into a HWP spritesheet in another post of mine, can’t search for it as have limited internet.

Looks like you found the same CnC resource I did for sprites and voxels.  Unfortunately some of them don’t convert very well.

Really? What a coincidence! And yes, the voxels of C&C Red Alert 2 are really good to be adapted, it has been difficult to find good isometric models to use. Your own spritesheet would be useful, I hope you find it soon. I am aware of the difficulty in converting some models, but I know it will be worth the effort.

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 05, 2018, 03:01:07 am »
No worries it is here https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5448.30.html

Also if you look in the resource section of the forum (Terminator universe units) I posted some other stuff I ripped from a galactic battlegrounds mod that had terminator units ... not found the time to try and salvage them though.

On another site there are voxels for ED209, HK Tank and HK Aerial to again cool to see! - http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/index.php?page=Voxel
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:11:08 am by SideQuests »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2018, 04:32:21 am »
Hello there!

I've added Tech-Comm to the mod portal and I've added my current version of 0.31 and I've invited you as a colaborator so that you can download it and implement all these nice things I'm seeing. :)

A lot of what I've planned is still in the implementation process, although the new globe made by SophiaThe3rd is already implemented. I'm currently also working on finalizing the storyline/campaign and missions, so it's perfectly possible for others to add things to battlescape.

One unit that will be needed soon will be turrets for Skynet (4x4 units) - I have already started designing the Skynet Base terrain and those will be definitely needed, both as ground emplacements and mounted on crashed HK units.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:34:31 am by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2018, 03:02:42 am »
No worries it is here

Also if you look in the resource section of the forum (Terminator universe units) I posted some other stuff I ripped from a galactic battlegrounds mod that had terminator units ... not found the time to try and salvage them though.

Nice! I'll give a check and, If I can, implement them. Thank you for sharing:)

I've added Tech-Comm to the mod portal and I've added my current version of 0.31 and I've invited you as a colaborator so that you can download it and implement all these nice things I'm seeing. :)

Thank you, Hobbes! My permission of collaborator is for Moderator or for Creator? I think I can't modify the main mod file with my current permission. ???

I'm working on, I expect to finish them in a few days. ;D

One unit that will be needed soon will be turrets for Skynet (4x4 units) - I have already started designing the Skynet Base terrain and those will be definitely needed, both as ground emplacements and mounted on crashed HK units.

Do you need HWP-like spritesheets? Or something different? To start looking for some Skynet-themed turret model.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2018, 03:26:09 am »
Thank you, Hobbes! My permission of collaborator is for Moderator or for Creator? I think I can't modify the main mod file with my current permission. ???

I've updated you to Creator

At this stage it will be needed for other people to contribute to the Battlescape with units, weapons, etc., because I need to finish Geoscape/Research so that the game actually has an end.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 03:52:04 am by Hobbes »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - version 0.31 released with new Geoscape
« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2018, 03:03:37 am »
Version 0.31 has been released!

Download it through the new mod portal or through the alternate link

I was not planning to release 0.31 so soon but since 0.30 can't run on the new version of OXCE (4.0), I've decided to release it as it is. There are a number of things that will cause it to crash (base defense for starters since there's no map yet for the enlarged radar) but those will be added later.

0.31 requires OXCE 4.0 to properly work, so update your OXCE version

Change Log
V0.31
* Fixed Geoscape background
* Updated to OXCE 4.0
* Added new Geoscape globe made by SophiaThe3rd
* Updated sector borders (polylines) to new globe
* Changed aggression of NPC Resistance fighters (it was set to cautious)
* Reduced number of Geoscape textures for better display of radar ranges
* Several text strings edited
* Added more background images by efrenespartano

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Something big on the way...

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Something big on the way...

Someone could be really happy with this...

You called down the thunder...