aliens

Author Topic: Crash: "trying to determine waypoint for mission type: STR_ALIEN_RETALIATION in"  (Read 2100 times)

Offline mauirixxx

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Aloha all, I have a problem similar to @bulletdesigner's issue while using my Hawaiian cities mod (should I post this in the mod help section instead?)

The exact crash log is as follows:

Code: [Select]
[14-02-2018_15-13-39] [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: Error occurred while trying to determine waypoint for mission type: STR_ALIEN_RETALIATION in region: STR_PACIFIC, mission tried to find a waypoint in zone 5 but this region only has zones valid up to 0.
[14-02-2018_15-13-39] [FATAL] Unfortunately, no stack trace information is available
[14-02-2018_15-13-42] [FATAL] OpenXcom has crashed: Error occurred while trying to determine waypoint for mission type: STR_ALIEN_RETALIATION in region: STR_PACIFIC, mission tried to find a waypoint in zone 5 but this region only has zones valid up to 0.
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.

I do have a base located in the Hawaiian islands chain. Looking at the url=https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Alien_Missions_in_Enemy_Unknown_(OpenXcom)]Alien Missions[/url] entry in the ufopaedia didn't help me clear anything up, other than maybe the alien ship is starting out in Antarctica (regional zone 5) unless I'm taking that info wrong.

Looking though my .sav file for "missionSiteZone:" all I see are -1's (and a single 7 in north america), though here's the entry for the Pacific (right before it errors out)

Code: [Select]
- race: STR_SNAKEMAN
    region: STR_PACIFIC
    nextWave: 0
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    type: STR_ALIEN_RETALIATION
    spawnCountdown: 120
    liveUfos: 0
    missionSiteZone: -1
    uniqueID: 61

The only other thing I can think of is maybe adding an "area" section to my Hawaiian cities mod?