aliens

Author Topic: [UFO] [TFTD] [SOLDIERS] Fresh Meat from the Locker 1.1  (Read 3325 times)

Offline macksting

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[UFO] [TFTD] [SOLDIERS] Fresh Meat from the Locker 1.1
« on: February 10, 2018, 08:04:22 am »
WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO?
Are you tired of your soldiers being unique, interesting people, with mysterious backgrounds and distinct identities? Are you tired of... names?
Then this mod is for you.

Are these soldiers named? Negative! They are meat popsicles!

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
Order now and you can get Fresh Meat! Not frozen, but brought directly to your submarine base!

There's no particular loss of variety in appearance. All your favorites are still there. Their only nationality, however, is meat. They are all meatbags. They shall die as one.

WHY WAS IT MADE?

I wanted to rename my soldiers according to role or specialty. I found, however, that the names available in vanilla or modded X-Com games were just too cool, too precious, to strip away forever just so I could name a soldier Boomer or Rock. This problem was easily solved by removing those wonderful, multicultural names entirely. This did lead to complications, chiefly because painstakingly renaming every character is boring to me, and became an insurmountable chore. I have addressed this in another mod.

HOW DO I INSTALL THIS MOD?

The meatnames.zip file contains two folders:
meatname
meatname2
- Open your "user" folder (normally Documents/MyGames/Openxcom, though it can be set up differently),
- Place the two folders to the "/mods" folder.
- Enable the mods from the Game Options menu. They're for UFO and TFTD respectively.

ANY FUTURE PLANS?
Not really.

CHANGELOG:
1.1: Fixed the second UFO mod to actually be a TFTD mod, then changed the version number.
1.0: Made two UFO mods.