Author Topic: CHTONITE_death.ogg unrecognized sound file type  (Read 1975 times)

Offline SpacePigs

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
CHTONITE_death.ogg unrecognized sound file type
« on: March 06, 2018, 05:39:53 pm »
Hello everyone, today I tried to install OpenXCOM and the final mod pack (after watching the Yogscast play it) but I seem to have encountered a problem.

I first installed the OpenXCOM nightly (openxcom_git_master_2018_03_06_0231.exe). Fired it up, everything seemed alright.
Next i downloaded the Final Mod Pack (1.9.8 ) and extracted the correct folder to the OpenXCOM mods folder (in users etc).
I fire up OpenXCOM again, I see the Final Mod Pack in the mods list, so I enable it to YES (all the other mods are set to NO).
I press ok, the game start reinitializing and gives the following error:
[06-03-2018_16-30-56]   [ERROR]   C:\Users\gebruiker\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\Final Mod Pack/Resources/FinalModPack/Races_Compilation/ChtoniteRace/Sounds/CHTONITE_death.ogg:Unrecognized sound file type
I can only press a key and close the game. Every time I try to start up again, it gives the same error. Can anyone help me please? :)

Offline Amiga

• Colonel
  • Amiga4ever....
    • View Profile
    • White Wolf Untold Story PL (my rpg game based on Witcher saga)
Re: CHTONITE_death.ogg unrecognized sound file type
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 01:40:43 am »
I don't know much about .ogg support by OXC but I had problems with .ogg as well so I've changed my custom sounds to .WAV. You can do it as well. Just convert this file to WAV and change in mod extraSounds.rul path to this particular file instead of .ogg.

EXAMPLE:

extraSounds:
- type: BATTLE.CAT
  files:
    22: Resources/Sounds/miss.wav