Author Topic: The Leflair Sprite Sweatshop, Voxels need not apply  (Read 28297 times)

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: The Leflair Sprite Sweatshop, Voxels need not apply
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2012, 05:13:18 pm »
i'm really looking forward to seeing a finished product here, so i can include it. if you'd like, i can try to haxxor in what you've got as an armour type for your soldiers that causes the game to shift gears to "iceberg" when walking, if that would help? hell i could set up a "press any key to continue" type scenario for each frame, i know that'd help (i found setting a breakpoint in the code for each frame update helped me out IMMENSELY when fiddling with the muton/snakeman drawing routines)

this could even be a function of the debug mode or something, "sprite developer mode"

also, have you thought about what terror units these guys might bring along?

Offline Leflair

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2012, 07:54:08 am »
Check out the first page (and scroll down) to get an idea of terror units.

I've been busy with my move but hopefully I'll muster up some more sprite-time this weekend.

If you want to mess around I can upload the whole work-sheet which includes all the bits, just not on the game grid layout yet.

Volutar

« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2012, 08:57:36 am »
Warboy1982, there's no need to set a breakpoints to figure out sprite positioning. All this pixel-precise data has been reversed and given to pmprog and Daiky quite a long time ago.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2012, 09:48:13 am »
All this pixel-precise data has been reversed and given to pmprog and Daiky quite a long time ago.

i'm not either of those people.

besides, i'll trust what i can see in front of me over numbers i got from someone else every time :P

Offline Leflair

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2012, 04:57:04 pm »
Well, here's the first draft of the full sheet:

Note that I've just thrown all the pieces up in the corresponding spots, with the bare minimum attention paid to positioning. Expect quite some wonky behaviour if put together. Speaking of that, who was it that had a good handle on splicin' and dicin' the x-com sheets (and putting them back together)?

Getting little animations of the various angles and movements would make it a great deal easier to figure out final adjustments.

Grab the .pdn version here
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:01:18 pm by Leflair »