Author Topic: [CLOSED/LOCKED UNTIL FUTURE DECADES][MAPS] OPs, GFs, Types of Bases, Etc.  (Read 9754 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Be proud. And drink beer.  8)

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
UPDATE 6/7/2018
I'll be working on a mod (small, medium, large or xtra large. Not my mod plans i'm working in the future with notepad files) that involves upgrades for the 5 Crafts such as Skyranger, Interceptor, Lightning, Firestorm and Avenger.

Here's a little something i did with MCDEdit:

It was first time recolor and editing the jets of the PLANE MCD, looks more nicer, but horrible looking.  :-\ (I wish Reaver or someone is good at pixels than me)

This the MCD for the tiles of the Upgrades for the Skyranger.
One with Weapon Slots/Outputs, One With Elerium Jets and One with Elerium Engines.

I'll try editing MCDs until i learn the sprite and pixels colors of the XCOM palettes then. -o-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 10:43:25 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Plane MCDs are always welcome! :)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
If you look at the tile.

Just to see how a little horrible i've colored the Elerium Jet colors.

Needs more improvement than that. I'll just save the recoloring and editing MCDs until i have all of the palettes of each sprite and tile.

Let's wait for Reaver to see my MCD, okay Scorch? :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Hey, I never said itvwas good or finished. Only that plane MCDs are nice.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Hey, I never said itvwas good or finished. Only that plane MCDs are nice.
Thanks.

I'll wait for Reaver to check the colors of thing if he's online. Maybe he'll know what to do with making it compare to the original PLANE jet MCD to the Elerium Jet MCD then.

Maybe that would help.

• Commander
    • View Profile
Interesting idea. Lemme see what I can do.

Edit:
I made you a tutorial to show how to easily do color-changes.
The full song can be found here.

I've attached my plane MCD. It enables you to make wide Skyrangers of differing shapes, as opposed to only being able to select length. The gold engine is now added to my plane MCD.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:19:35 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Interesting idea. Lemme see what I can do.

Edit:
I made you a tutorial to show how to easily do color-changes.
The full song can be found here.

I've attached my plane MCD. It enables you to make wide Skyrangers of differing shapes, as opposed to only being able to select length. The gold engine is now added to my plane MCD.
Interesting.
Thank you, Reaver. I saw the video, it looks an easy tutorial for me to learn. And just downloaded your plane MCD. I'll try checking it out with MCD edit and MVII then. ^.^

EDIT:
Finally updated my MCDs. Fixed the issue with the incorrect colors by replacing the old Elerium-115 Jet parts with the aid of copying the PLANE.MCD jets and recolored it.

Thanks to Reaver's tutorial. I'll check his own version of the PLANE MCDs right now.

EDIT:
Made a craft interception image for a Satellite because of technical reasons.

For now i feel i'm sometimes good with pixels, but i don't do too much bad at drawing those. XD
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 03:27:02 am by FeruEnzeru »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Finally made an Interceptor for the Aliens.

I'll be adding it to my overhaul mod after adding some nodes as soon as i can do mcds for the alien interceptor ufo, along with other ufo tilesets.

Anyway, i have a windows update going on at 7:00 PM.
Now i gotta to do some work on stuff shortly.

EDIT:
Variants will be soon.

EDIT:
Upgraded Variant (Facing South) images are now done!
DOUBLE POWER SOURCES:

DOUBLE THRUSTERS:

DOUBLE POWER SOURCES AND DOUBLE THRUSTERS:

I'll do the nodes tomorrow while i work on some MCDs on volutar's MCD Edit.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 06:03:15 am by FeruEnzeru »

• Commander
    • View Profile
Whoa cool! I like the interceptor! The engine piece looks like it belongs there!

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Whoa cool! I like the interceptor! The engine piece looks like it belongs there!
Thanks, Reaver. Glad you'd liked it. I'll try making a Heavy Intereceptor (a wider version of the interceptor) after a few MCD edit stuff as i like.
I was trying to make a version of the interceptor jets like an MCD from one of Hobbes' Area 51 MCDs (FACTORYD.MCD).

But the problem is, i looked at the FACTORYD mcds, and the West Engine Jets does look like the same color as the SKYRANGER Engine Jets.

Here's an image:

And here's two parts of an MCD (The other part of the PCK (entry 2) is having issues with the MCD, it is a UFO navigation with a north wall piece i did to look like)

And here's an image of the UFO jets too:

If you want to help me out here, find some PLANE MCDs that have north, south, west and east tiles.
Problem is... i would like to a south, east and west version of the UFO jet parts like Hobbes' FACTORYD MCDs.
As i compare the MCD tiles via images.

Their colors (not the blue jet part) are not exactly the same! X(

I mean it.

EDIT:
I'll try working on it to find the issue with the colors, that way i'll solve the issue right away via MCDedit!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 06:51:07 am by FeruEnzeru »

• Commander
    • View Profile
Problem is... i would like to a south, east and west version of the UFO jet parts like Hobbes' FACTORYD MCDs.
Just select the image and hit the flip button.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Just select the image and hit the flip button.
Solved and nailed it with thought and thinking. vov

Here's some variants of the UFO facing east.

Problem is... it won't let me do the north UFO wall right next to or in front of the west wall window (i'm using it as the gun parts) because it can have issues with it.

Remember... i have to stay logged out of OXC while because Yankes and Meridian including Otto say "Me doing multiple posts and messages on other threads and users" to me because of forum spam.
That's why i have to sometimes not stay logged in so that they have peace on the OXC forums, excluding birthday messages on my watch on the calendar.

I'll be doing the heavy interceptor UFO later in the morning while i do some MCDs involving stairs and ramps for UFOs. I'm doing good. -o-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:13:09 pm by FeruEnzeru »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
UPDATE 6/21/2018
Since i was middle of having fun with robin's From the Apocalypse WIP mod (Well it's kinda good), i was middle of reading some of bulletdesigner's 40k mod thread (I was at 4 pages of reading the thread).

Problem however is... I was middle of making stair and ramp MCDs for the UFOs a few days ago, along with a square block MCD for any nicer size of UFOs (Like Mothership, EU2012 Abductor in UFO94 style, Command Barge, EU2012 Supply Barge in UFO94 style, etc). Typically speaking, i'm having difficult with drawing and making the ramp (Probably 1-2 level ramps) match the center of the UFO interior tile.

Now i feel like i'm not happy about having a hard and rough time with pixels, unless i learn the sprite/pixels' palette colors with paint.net's color picker. >.>
See how it looks like.
1: The Ramp (along with a red circle showing the ground tile symbol).

Now i'm having difficulties with the matching tile part or tile symbol (If you read the image's red text to see it)
2: The Square Block of Alien Alloys.

Seems alright, but i'll think of any ideas or suggestions for this block to maybe match the pixels of the UFO interior walls. That would be nice for me to handle a problem.

Anyway, i'll be playing some Apoc in 94-95 game style maybe tomorrow afternoon.

I'll be scheduling a day for me to the make the Heavy Interceptor UFO (A wider and larger version of the UFO), like Monday Night or Wednesday Morning or Afternoon, if someone might have ideas and suggestions about fixing my problems with UFO wall windows for the alien interceptor UFOs i've done days and weeks ago (I still gotta work on the ramp, i'd already done the stair recolors to match the colors of the UFOs. 8)).

Therefore... i'm having issues with my MCDs involving a UFO navigation computer with a Interior wall, along with other MCD/pck tiles having issues.

I've tried it on MVII, and it says probably "dead tile" or any error. I think i should edit my MCDs to make more tiles for testing (PLEASE READ THE BLACK TEXT ON ONE OF THE IMAGES THAT INVOLVES THE UFO COMPUTER WITH A WALL).

Maybe i could do that. :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:56:49 am by FeruEnzeru »

• Commander
    • View Profile
Don't insert tiles into the list. Always put them in at the end. If you insert them midway into the list, it shifts the rest of the tiles down to higher numbers, but it doesn't update the map(s) to match.

If you are having trouble fixing a .mcd which has had tiles inserted, you can get a fresh copy of the basic .mcd file and re-add your changes to the end.