Author Topic: [CLOSED/LOCKED UNTIL FUTURE DECADES][MAPS] OPs, GFs, Types of Bases, Etc.  (Read 7567 times)

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
Don't insert tiles into the list. Always put them in at the end. If you insert them midway into the list, it shifts the rest of the tiles down to higher numbers, but it doesn't update the map(s) to match.

If you are having trouble fixing a .mcd which has had tiles inserted, you can get a fresh copy of the basic .mcd file and re-add your changes to the end.
No worries, Reaver. I was trying to solve an issue with a red dot or red * thing that says "Used by: (any number)", and it won't let me.

I'm trying to think of a plan that can work out, it's kinda hard that MCDEdit won't let me add a red dot saying "Used by: any number like 0 or 1 or 4" so that i can be used for the wall with UFO navigation computers.

It won't let me add a red dot where it involves being used by another MCD or pck. ???

Now it's starting to frustrate me while i fix my dead tile problem (I'm not going to frustrate you, you're still my very important friend)  :-[).

That's why i'm trying to figure it out.

Speaking of fixing MCDs, i'm going to give an MCD that has ramps and a square block/brick thing for the UFOs, that way you can try drawing the center UFO ground symbol on the ramps, just like the U_EXT02 mcd. :)

Here's a copy of the MCD i can give you so that you can help me make the ramps (lavender parts) match the center symbol of the U_EXT02 mcd tile.

P.S.: I think i should try harder and harder on tileset creations and other things related to 90s XCOM modding. VoV

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
The ramps mcd has only images, no tiles. Can you link the mcd that is giving you the error?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Can you link the mcd that is giving you the error?
Understood! :)
It is the UFO_INTERC1 MCD that i keep talking about that keeps having errors.

Sending attachments now!
zip file is called "For Reaver to Fix".
That is all!

EDIT: You'll have to find the ones like the UFO Navigation computer with a wall in it, so as probably the UFO interceptor jets.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:04:22 am by FeruEnzeru »

• Commander
    • View Profile
I found the problem:

You need to do one of the following:
1.) Assign a tile number which is in the .mcd, or
2.) Change it to '0' so that it doesn't need a death tile

• Colonel
    • View Profile
No worries i solved it! It was the Die_MCD part which is the use of making where it says "Used by: (any number)" which kinda helped me much. :)
Thanks for the help, Reaver.

But I have a immediate task for you.
1: The Ramp (along with a red circle showing the ground tile symbol).

Now i'm having difficulties with the matching tile part or tile symbol (If you read the image's red text to see it)
2: The Square Block of Alien Alloys.

maybe match the pixels of the UFO interior walls.
I was thinking of making the ramp MCDs to have the little center symbol thing from one of the U_EXT02 MCD ground tiles (So as the square alien alloy block similar to alien/xcom base dirt blocks).
I was having difficulties drawing to match the symbol on the ground tile for the ramps.

Also, here's my first try attempt on the symbol.

I was trying to make match, and it looks horrible and nothing like the symbol on U_EXT02 MCD ground tile. >.>
But i tired hard.

Only an expert and very good enough pixel artist can do that and try drawing the UFO ground tile's symbol perfectly on custom made UFO ramps, made of alien alloys actually. :)

• Commander
    • View Profile
I got a slightly less terrible attempt. I also smoothed out the ramp and fixed the colors a bit.

Don't expect much, the decal doesn't look that great after my handiwork either. My recommendation: don't use the sun decal on the ramps.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I got a slightly less terrible attempt. I also smoothed out the ramp and fixed the colors a bit.

Don't expect much, the decal doesn't look that great after my handiwork either. My recommendation: don't use the sun decal on the ramps.
Okay, i'll try not to whatever i like.

From what i could tell, the attempt you've drew looks kinda good after than the sun decal on the ground tiles. :)

Think i'll suggest to keep that way. :)

Anyway, i'll be playing Apocalypse UFO Defense Edition (aka. from the apocalypse mod by robin) maybe after dinner, because i got a lot of stuff to do before i work on more MCDs.
EDIT:
UPDATE 6/27/2018
Here's some images of one of my MCDs i've did with the MCD editor.

Some ramps and stairs for the UFOs, technically Reaver's design of the decal (aka the symbol i keep calling) on the ramp is now okay for me (Used UFO_110 map as a base for testing to see how it looks like. :) ).

As i've tested it, it works pretty fine. :D

These are the tiles (Not in MCDEdit as i considered) are pretty nice for me to think of. (For like EU2012 maps in UFO94 style i can tell)

Problem is... i dunno how to do south and east stairs and ramps for every tileset i have/made and don't have/made.
Like ones facing south (downward or upward) and east (left or right), just like the Abductor/Supply Barge stairs/ramps from EU2012.
Only an expert pixel artist can do that unless it might be difficult to make. >.>

Any ideas? :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:14:11 am by FeruEnzeru »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Okay, i was a bit jealous about sending two people some birthday celebration messages today because of OXC forum reasons. :(

I have a new idea regarding survivors (not otto's mod Suvivorz) and others.

I have made a thing called "Stranded" for some perfections of Landed/Crashed UFOs taken by people including escaped abductees who lost their homes and hiding spots from the Aliens using their crafts to shoot down and destroy people's homes (Well, civilians who are not military soldiers and police are not supposed to start rioting or using guns to shoot down aliens unless they throw burning matches and very sharp and pointy pitchforks at the alien troopers).

Look what i did a several-to-few hours ago.

A almost damaged Medium Scout UFO turned into a home/residence to lost and stranded folks who hated the Aliens most. :P

Looks like this idea of mine came fairly nice. I'll make more so called "Stranded" houses and residences maybe at the 2nd of July after 1st of July dinner and reading XOp's Xeno Operations mod thread then.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:27:44 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
Looks good! This might make a fine addition to the game's lore amirite?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Looks good! This might make a fine addition to the game's lore amirite?
Thank you, Yataka! :)

I'll think i would do some more of the "Stranded" houses, residences, village and the et cetera maps unless i'm done doing stairs and ramps for the UFOs i'm doing.

What a piece of cake for me! ^.^

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
I like many of your works Feru, but there is no way to download and use any of them.
Are you going to publish the maps?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I like many of your works Feru,
Thank you, Solarius. These works i'm working on can be for a future total conversion mod i'm work on unless i have my own choice of programs and apps for concepts and sprite making. :D

I'm also working a Craft and Craft Weapons Overhaul mod that has Craft and CW upgrades (nice and but totally hard work ones).
but there is no way to download and use any of them.
My maps cannot be downloaded as attachments and zip/rar attachments without nodes because i did not add nodes to it's RMP files, such as my Drop Pod Carrier UFO, my Interceptor UFOs, my Alien Walkers, the Alien City Buildings (I know i have a big bad hiatus/pause on those, unless i can post screenshots of my month old works), my UFO squadron maps, my Alien Facility maps and other maps that did not have nodes (I have to work on the nodes for those or else i'll be in very big trouble without them). :(

I'd better check on them unless i can post screenshots of my works i haven't edited and done on the thread.

But it's okay, i can think of figuring out what to do with the nodes for these eventually. :)

No offense.
Are you going to publish the maps?
Okay, sure, unless it involves maps or MCDs. :)

Here's a zip file for the "Stranded" Terrain MCDs (but not the maps unless i liked to add maps if i want to) i've did if you like to try out and use the stranded MCDs for your maps and stuff (Open up MCDEdit to view them).

Remember that any of my well done maps' ROUTES does not have nodes, okay?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:37:24 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
In this case, would you like some help with the nodes? I can't promise much time investment, but a few small maps I can do (if you publish the maps).

• Colonel
    • View Profile
In this case, would you like some help with the nodes?
No thanks, i can do the nodes on/for my maps after my other things to do (Like eating/drinking, watch/check things, etc) or unless i have chances to do those.

I don't need help with nodes, i'm good with nodes (I'm still learning while viewing/browsing and looking for the vanilla maps on MVII, along with custom maps. :) )
I can't promise much time investment, but a few small maps I can do (if you publish the maps).
Okay, fine, i'll publish some for now (as attachments). Here's the map(s) i made months ago.

Give them a view if you can.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
OK. I will be out for the weekend, but will check later.