Author Topic: [SPRITES/IMAGES/EDITS/RECOLORS] Paint.Net Shenanigans+Gauss Stuff  (Read 3908 times)

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
Re: [SPRITES/IMAGES/EDITS/RECOLORS] Paint.Net Shenanigans+Gauss Stuff
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 07:05:42 am »
OK. I pictured it like the other gauss weapons, you know orange and silver but I could do something like that.
Yeah, that's okay for these colors. Maybe you or anyone should try drawing the side of the Mag SAW/Autorifle to show its orange and dark colored bullets. How's that sound? :)

Offline Hyper2Snyper

• Captain
  • THE FEROCIOUS BEAST APPROACHES!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 07:06:57 am »
Well arnt gauss weapons energy based?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 07:11:04 am »
Well arnt gauss weapons energy based?
Yes, they are energy based in TFTD including other people's mods. I know Gauss (aka Magnetic/Mag Weapons) in XCOM2 2016 and Long War 2 are energy based weapons too.

Gauss Weapons in TFTD are based on the First Alien War Elerium Plasma Weapons (They are energy based).

I watched way too much DerAva, xwynns and other people's LW2 videos having Gauss Mag and Coilgun Weapons (I'm not a big fan of playing Long War XCOM since i played it 4 years ago). XD

EDIT:
I have my own tiers and techs of Gauss for my future plans of making sprites, images and concpets.
List:
Tier 1: Mag Weapons.
Tier 2: Coilguns.
And Tier 3: Railguns.

And that's it for now.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:13:12 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline Hyper2Snyper

• Captain
  • THE FEROCIOUS BEAST APPROACHES!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 07:38:04 am »
Cool. Learn something new every day :)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 07:58:16 am »
Cool. Learn something new every day :)
I'll try. Be seeing you. :)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 10:00:09 am »
More images again + 1 UFO Palette Collection for the Starting Item BIGOBS it seems
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:46:55 pm by FeruEnzeru »

Offline RSSwizard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 11:37:56 pm »
Well arent gauss weapons energy based?

Its a particle beam weapon so yeah its energy based. Like a laser but more damaging, and unable to be reflected optically. Specifically according to tftd there is a stream of anti-protons, presumably the bulk of that damage through antimatter annihilation (maybe the primary particle beam makes a vacuum in the air and then shrouds, like a straw, a thin stream of anti-protons repelled from all sides by positively charged particles - impacting a solid target will stop the primary beam which does some damage, but then the anti-particle beam will strike home).

Which goes along with it being based, sorta, on the plasma weapons from the first war. Except that since all the E-115 ran out they cant use E-115 as an energy storage medium for producing raw firepower (and according to ufopedia about plasma weapons it sounds like something similar to Element0 gravity manipulation from Mass Effect, being used to inhibit the mass of the particles involved so they're easier to excite)

Antimatter is something that we can formulate, with difficulty, but it releases its energy through nuclear annihilation, essentially even more efficient than e115, while being more difficult to contain and use.

However the Heavy Gauss is stated to fire a projectile that basically acts as a tiny antimatter grenade ("contained within a gallium arsenide shell"). No word on whether that projectile has any awesome speed to it like a railgun, but all it would have to do is fly straight enough (it could even be pistol shot velocity). The gun also only has 10 shots capacity and the magazines cost 75 engineer hours to make... basically might be firing the same projectiles as the Jet Harpoon darts except they plasma-charge explode on stuff.

More or less I figure the gauss weapons shoot alot like the Phasers from the star trek movies... particularly like the ones from star trek 6. Delivers alot of impaling damage but not set high enough to disintegrate... still it blows a hole all the way through like a laser and it probably electrocutes the person from the inside as well.