aliens

Author Topic: [Documentation] Up-/Downgrading Facilities  (Read 23216 times)

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] Up-/Downgrading Facilities
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2018, 10:11:02 pm »
Ah, sorry, I mis-remembered what the feature was.  The removalTime is only used when directly removing a facility, it isn't checked for building over another facility, only the buildTime of the previous facility is checked.  In order to get what you want, the LARGE_GBUIDLING needs to have a buildTime much longer than 12 days - my suggestion would be to create a copy of the LARGE_GBUILDING with the long build time you want to speed up large facility placement, but not have it be built directly.  Rather, have your current LARGE_GBUILDING leave behind this new copy when you 'dismantle' it.

Oh damn.. my idea was saving build time.. but its not good for this, because 12 days its to much because save only 3 days for hangar.. how can do save 12 days?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2018, 10:14:46 pm »
Either 4 1x1 buildings with a build time of 12 or one large one with a build time of 48. Hint: use leavesBehindOnSell and removalTime to get that 48-day building placed faster.

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2018, 10:19:40 pm »
Either 4 1x1 buildings with a build time of 12 or one large one with a build time of 48. Hint: use leavesBehindOnSell and removalTime to get that 48-day building placed faster.

I try your hint with leavesBehindOnSell to hangar for General Building and visa versa, but nothing changed too.. sorry but it doesnt worked for me :(

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2018, 10:36:49 pm »
You're missing the point of the hint.  You need another facility with a longer build time.  You can get this facility without waiting for it to be built by having a different facility leave it behind when you sell it.

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2018, 10:43:11 pm »
You're missing the point of the hint.  You need another facility with a longer build time.  You can get this facility without waiting for it to be built by having a different facility leave it behind when you sell it.

Yes but i wanna save the build time.

If General Building 48 days, why build, if i wanna Hangar with reduced build time.

This is the goal: 12 days for General building, when done, overbuild with Hangar and its just 13 days, not 25 or 22. If everything build more than 25 days, then its pointless :(

Now its only reduced with 4 days, its 12/4 days, but i dont understand why calculate with 1x1 building. Large General Building size 2, as the Hangar.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2018, 11:16:14 pm »
Yes, I am saying you can save the build time.  The "removalTime" flag is how you get around this.  Make a new facility that takes a short time to build, then make it so that facility leaves behind the one that takes a long time to build, but does it instantly.  It's one more step and a few more clicks, but it does exactly what you want.

Edit: If you want an example, look at my TC mod here, there is a "farm" facility (called the Agritorium in the mod) that is 2x2 and uses leavesBehindOnSell to create new facilities, such as setting a specific number of days for the "crops" to grow.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 11:20:19 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2018, 11:04:23 am »
Yes, I am saying you can save the build time.  The "removalTime" flag is how you get around this.  Make a new facility that takes a short time to build, then make it so that facility leaves behind the one that takes a long time to build, but does it instantly.  It's one more step and a few more clicks, but it does exactly what you want.

Edit: If you want an example, look at my TC mod here, there is a "farm" facility (called the Agritorium in the mod) that is 2x2 and uses leavesBehindOnSell to create new facilities, such as setting a specific number of days for the "crops" to grow.

I check it, and i make my code:

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_LARGE_GBUILDING
    spriteShape: 1002
    spriteFacility: 1002
    buildCost: 160000
    buildTime: 12
    leavesBehindOnSell:
      - STR_LARGE_GBUILDING
    monthlyCost: 0
    mapName: GBUI_01
    canBeBuiltOver: true
    removalTime: 10
    size: 2
  - type: STR_HANGAR
    buildCost: 200000
    buildTime: 25
    monthlyCost: 25000
    buildOverFacilities:
      - STR_LARGE_GBUILDING
    leavesBehindOnSell:
      - STR_LARGE_GBUILDING

Same problem, only 3 days reduced.

Your farm work, because the CLEARING its 3 days building time, and the FARM just 4 days.

Have you any information when come new version of OXCE+?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2018, 02:01:19 pm »
You are completely missing what I'm telling you. The hangar doesn't need to leave behind a new facility. Make another copy of LARGE_GBUILDING in your ruleset with 48 buildTime. Have the original LARGE_GBUILDING leave the new one behind on selling it. Thus you get a 48-day build time facility, but only for 12 days of building time.

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2018, 02:54:57 pm »
You are completely missing what I'm telling you. The hangar doesn't need to leave behind a new facility. Make another copy of LARGE_GBUILDING in your ruleset with 48 buildTime. Have the original LARGE_GBUILDING leave the new one behind on selling it. Thus you get a 48-day build time facility, but only for 12 days of building time.

Okey, so like this?
    buildTime: 48
    removalTime: -1
    leavesBehindOnSell:
      - STR_LARGE_GBUILDING
    removalTime: -1

"The hangar doesn't need to leave behind a new facility." I removed HANGAR from this rul.
"Make another copy of LARGE_GBUILDING in your ruleset with 48 buildTime." There it is, the first.
"Have the original LARGE_GBUILDING leave the new one behind on selling it." I think this:     leavesBehindOnSell:      - STR_LARGE_GBUILDING

Sorry my english is bad, i need use google translate, tell me please i i make something wrong!

Thank you!

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2018, 03:00:22 pm »
Yes, but the copy with buildTime: 48 needs a different STR name, and you shouldn't use removalTime: -1 on either of them.  It's not necessary, but I would also make the copy unable to be built normally by having it require an un-researchable tech, just so players don't get confused which one to build.

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2018, 03:21:46 pm »
Yes, but the copy with buildTime: 48 needs a different STR name, and you shouldn't use removalTime: -1 on either of them.  It's not necessary, but I would also make the copy unable to be built normally by having it require an un-researchable tech, just so players don't get confused which one to build.

Okey, like this?

- type: STR_OTHER_GBUILDING
    buildTime: 48
    leavesBehindOnSell:
      - STR_OTHER_GBUILDING

I know need requires to other gbulding, but now, i wanna see where is it :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2018, 03:24:10 pm »
Yes, like that.

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2018, 03:28:09 pm »
Yes, like that.

It doesnt work, when i build the LARGE_GBUILDING (its done 12 days later) and after i overbuild this with Hangar (22 days the build time).

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2018, 03:35:21 pm »
Dismantle the LARGE_GBUILDING first.

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2018, 03:58:16 pm »
Dismantle the LARGE_GBUILDING first.

Ahham, yes its now work, but.. not the best solution.

Its not have rul command for dismantle? So, when i build hangar, its dismantle first the general building.