aliens

Author Topic: [MOD] X-Piratez improved quality awards images  (Read 3655 times)

Offline holoc

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[MOD] X-Piratez improved quality awards images
« on: December 07, 2017, 08:12:37 pm »
This mod replaces sprites from Awards(condemnations) section of Bootypedia with their exact copies but with far greater quality because of advanced palette method described by Meridian in this guide.

How to install:
Unpack the archive to your GAME_FOLDER\user\mods directory, so that it would look like
GAME_FOLDER\user\mods\Improved_Awards
and enable the mod through mods menu in game options.

Notice: It is really hard to see any difference on these small images, but when you play the game in fullscreen or anything greater than 640x480 the quality changes would be impressive. Differences such as removed pixel noise, smooth gradients, better saturated colors, etc.
You can see a couple of fullscreen images as an example here(would open in new window/tab):
1) Before and After
2) Before and After
3) Before and After
Spoiler 51 replaced images comparision:

Spoiler 9 Images I couldn't find:

If anyone can provide me with links/sources of these remaining 9 images I would gladly update them too.

P.S. Dioxine, if you wish to include this in your fantastic mod - feel free to do it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:42:21 pm by holoc »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MOD] X-Piratez improved quality awards images
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:53:54 pm »
I think I might! I'm normally hesitant to use custom palettes, because of that nasty screen flash when switching between palettes, and loss of consistency, but I guess it shouldn't be much of a problem in the case of Awards.