Author Topic: [solved] splitting ruleset elucidation (stupid question inside)  (Read 2297 times)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
[solved] splitting ruleset elucidation (stupid question inside)
« on: January 07, 2018, 12:57:10 pm »
My ruleset is starting to get lengthy (and after the last update the scrolling in notepad++ has become quite laggy).

If I understand it correctly only the content of the files matters, not the filename; therefore there's no need to have files for categories you're not modifying (example: no need for "regions.rul" if you're not modifying the regions); moreover I could have my mod spread into 3 files simply called "one.rul", "two.rul" and "three.rul" and it would still be allright.
Am I correct?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:50:36 pm by robin »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: splitting ruleset elucidation (stupid question inside)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 01:15:42 pm »
If I understand it correctly only the content of the files matters, not the filename

Correct.

therefore there's no need to have files for categories you're not modifying (example: no need for "regions.rul" if you're not modifying the regions)

Correct.

moreover I could have my mod spread into 3 files simply called "one.rul", "two.rul" and "three.rul" and it would still be allright.

Correct.

PS: it doesn't make any difference for you (=for modders), but I would recommend not using exactly the same names as vanilla, e.g. instead of "research.rul" use "research_robin.rul" or "abcdef.rul" or anything else... it helps me when debugging some very specific issues...

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Re: splitting ruleset elucidation (stupid question inside)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 01:50:21 pm »
Thanks!